Texas opens as a 27 point favorite v Wyoming

TexasMan

3 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Over/under is 46.5

The old 36.75-9.75 game. 

I am willing to bet that's not the exact final score. But basically those numbers are the Rice final. Seems like the perception is that this Texas team has a stout defense and an offense that might just do what it needs to do. 

Edited by Huckleberry

Just now, Texasrocks said:

We know what we have in the starters, now it's time to get meaningful snaps for the backups. I don't care what the final margin of victory is, I hope we get up by three scores and have backups playing from the middle of the second quarter.

Feels like Texas has already been rotating pretty liberally. 

I’d like to see QB 2 and 3 getting snaps with a full speed offense, not just handing off. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I want to see the team show up prepared and focused and executing plays with fire in their belly. The days of playing down to opponents are over. Rip their hearts out in the first half and let the backups try and impress the coaches for the rest of the game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Wyoming has a decent defense (would probably be middle of the pack in the Big 12) but they should struggle mightily to move the ball. 

Wouldn’t be a surprise at all if it’s relatively close for a couple quarters and we win 34-10 or some such. There is going to be an emotional letdown. It’s human nature. Just have to handle your business. 

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

We know what we have in the starters, now it's time to get meaningful snaps for the backups. I don't care what the final margin of victory is, I hope we get up by three scores and have backups playing from the middle of the second quarter.

I want some Murphy, at the helm, for 8 min in the 3rd. Then see Manning in the 4th, but at least put 2nd team playmakers and surrounding cast to support him being on the field.

Score be damned, get them some time! I’d rather win 35-7, with the bench playing, than 63-3 with Ewers in the whole game.

Hook’em!!!

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Wyoming has a decent defense (would probably be middle of the pack in the Big 12) but they should struggle mightily to move the ball. 

Wouldn’t be a surprise at all if it’s relatively close for a couple quarters and we win 34-10 or some such. There is going to be an emotional letdown. It’s human nature. Just have to handle your business. 

I want it to be an emotional let down like we had against Missouri in 2008 after the OU game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Something like this but I’d also add from having actually watched Wyoming in the Tech game, the Texas defense is an absolute nightmare matchup for them. Their offense is run heavy, kind of a poor man’s K State. I’d be surprised if they scored more than 7 before Texas is going to third and fourth string.

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Texas goes into halftime leading 20-3, starters are out after 3 at 34-3, and some garbage scores make it a 41-17 final.

Garbage time:

Murphy goes 7/10 86yds with two TDs.

Arch goes 5/8 77yds with 1 TD.

White hands off 10/10 times for 55yds

Surly goes nuts on who should be the backup, who will be transferring and who missed a block.

Meanwhile Horns win by 30.