Weirdly asexual looking 1980's teen actor grew up to be a pedo

TexArcher

^

Yep, I remember annoying the hell outta my wife (as per usual) as I paused on that scene with him, the sidekick, and Tilda on the sidewalk for 2-3 minutes trying to figure out where the fuck I knew him from.  This was before I knew about imdb.com  and probably even before my first iPhone.  If I did have one, I certainly didn't sit with it at night watching TV like I do now.  But while he failed in the lab, he certainly caught the eye of somebody at DoD and got into the wetwork business for black corporate ops.  

Always thought he'd make a good sequel for "Michael Clayton" because there's really no closure for his character.  Sometimes his employers get caught.  Part of the trade.  But she may give them up along with Don to lessen her sentence.  Cops and FBI might look kindly on some scared General Counsel who was backed into a corner by a high profile public CEO and his two henchmen who literally murdered one high profile attorney and attempted a second homicide days later.  He probably knows better than to go after Michael Clayton directly.  Does he hang back and wait for work from other companies with his sloppiness on full display to the world?  Does he take out Don in prison?  Does he take out Tilda?  Does he just submit himself to God and giant bags of popcorn?  

Good call.  He was a smarmy asshole in most of his 80's roles (TV & Film), but he was never an out-n-out evil fucker.  He played it pretty damn on the nose given the era.  He and Michael Ironside were different sides of the same 80's coin.  

dammit, now I gotta go binge watch "V" again.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 9/27/2023 at 8:24 PM, Surly Bevo said:

Lost in another great Kilmer performance is how for a tiny moment in 80s time William Atherton owned the self-absorbed douchebag antagonist role.

Walter Peck, Jerry Hathaway, Dick Thornberg

I agree he was brilliant at it, but I'm not sure I agree that he was lost.  Folks have praised him for nailing this character type in other 80s-movie related threads, most recently the Die Hard thread, as I recall.  He was just so perfect at it.

Further proof we are in a simulation.  Lazlo/Uncle Rico/Greg says in "Real Genius" RV scene, that he is getting married and moving off to Wyoming to his wife's prepper ranch.  Years later, he takes a British gay lover who is also touring the American West in an RV.  Decades after that survivalist/parks conservationist-Greg meets a wealthy heiress, Tanya in Hawaii, a place he couldn't possibly afford on a public servant salary after all the prize money has burned up.  Tanya knowing he's been married before, years after that discovers in Siciliy that her husband may be a gay cowboy from Wyoming who had a romantic past with the British fellow befriending her.  And Lazlo was smart enough to pull it all off.  And oh yeah, He spent time with his nephews in Idaho...which last I checked bordered Wyoming.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2