Alex Smith's Next Challenge

naija

26 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Wasn’t there a time in his ordeal that he could’ve lost his life?  I know the leg was close to being amputated.  If so, his wife has been/going through the wringer herself. 

I think most of us have gone through these sorts of things, some at an early stage and some later in life. Nearly everyone I've lost in the last twenty years have been from cancer. I'm fucking tired of this shit. Maybe the mantra is right... Life sucks, and then you die.

15 hours ago, naija said:

7-year old daughter with brain cancer

always had the utmost respect for this guy, and what he did coming back from that injury is nothing short of amazing. This is just nightmare stuff. Hopefully it works out well for his family.

And tears flowing.  Calling my little girl. I live Geo separated at the moment and damn that was a tough read 

10 hours ago, Underdog said:

Wasn’t there a time in his ordeal that he could’ve lost his life?  I know the leg was close to being amputated.  If so, his wife has been/going through the wringer herself. 

when he had the infection. That he was able to walk, let alone make it back to an NFL field was nothing short of amazing. He doesn't have several muscles you would normally need to walk.