wes anderson makes roald dahl short stories into short movies, on netflix

henrygandorf

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Hadn't heard of this but, in!

the netflix marketing model is strange but effective.  they don't believe in advertising a movie/show until you can actually click "watch now".  that's why stuff seems to appear out of nowhere. 

other streaming services are beginning to adopt the same ideas.  my buddy at nbcu said that peacock is doing it now too.  they won't spend a dollar marketing a show until you can click to watch that same day.  basically they don't believe in the attention span of people at all.  if they advertise something a week in advance, they'll have forgotten and moved on by the time it's out.  it's sad, but probably true.

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

When I was picking up my son from school last year, I asked him what they learned about at school that day. He replied back "we learned about Raw Dog".

After further conversation, turns out he meant Roald Dahl. Raw Dogging is more cooler

Not sure I want to see Wes Anderson’s take in raw dogging.

1 hour ago, Mez2 said:

When I was picking up my son from school last year, I asked him what they learned about at school that day. He replied back "we learned about Raw Dog".

After further conversation, turns out he meant Roald Dahl. Raw Dogging is more cooler

Take it to the Teachers Gone Wild thread

• 1 month later...

I just watched The Swan, Poison, and The Rat Catcher. I’d rank those three in that order. These things are pretty much exactly what you’d expect from Wes Anderson making films based on offbeat stories by Ronald Dahl. The acting is very good, especially from Rupert Friend. The stories are pretty inscrutable. 

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't have time to watch until the holiday, but we enjoyed these. Cumberbatch was excellent as was the rest of the cast. Loved his Henry Sugar and it (style) seems well suited for him. Ralph Fiennes as the rat-catcher was amusing; a cross between Voldemort and Peter Pettigrew in working class form. The Swan was good, but the bullying was getting to me I confess.