Felon using my ID

My wife and I are applying to become foster parents so CPS ran a criminal history on me.  Apparently, some asshole in Odessa is using almost my exact name (changed one letter), SSN, DOB, etc and has quite a criminal history.  It's definitely not me because Mexican.  So where do I go from here?  How can I disassociate him from my personal info? 

20 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I wish I could help you with your problem, but good for you for trying to do something positive for the world.

Didn’t you give fingerprints as part of your application? Seems like they could compare those to the fingerprints taken from the felon when he was arrested.

CPS knows the criminal is not me.  It's more me being concerned that someone is using all my personal info. 

No one has been through this before?  Could I call Odessa PD and see if they can pull info on this guy?

CPS knows the criminal is not me.  It's more me being concerned that someone is using all my personal info. 
No one has been through this before?  Could I call Odessa PD and see if they can pull info on this guy?
Just file a stolen identity report there and where you live. Watch your credit or freeze it. Sucks

I hear Odessa PD has ‘em working on shifts to solve your case.