San Antonio Spurs '23-'24: Hoops, Hype, Hair Dye

ztejas

52 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It did but the buckets Wemby had late felt different. And I think the results will start to be different as these guys learn to play with each other. 

The Keldon shit late is inexcusable. He had a nice game - but he should be no higher than our 3rd option to close games. And that isn't all on him - Pop needs to set the standard and DV and Wemby need to step up and take the reins (which doesn't appear to be an issue at all with Wemby).

How many games they win will be dependent on how quickly they mesh and how good Wemby really is. We aren't going 20-62 - but we might win 28 or we might win 36. Too early to tell. If Wemby stays out of foul trouble we could have easily won last night.

I've admittedly not watched many Spurs games over the last couple of seasons so I haven't seen much of these younger guys in action. Keldon's played way out over his skis in the final 90 seconds or so last night and it cost us dearly.

59 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I've admittedly not watched many Spurs games over the last couple of seasons so I haven't seen much of these younger guys in action. Keldon's played way out over his skis in the final 90 seconds or so last night and it cost us dearly.

It was that, and I also think it's one of those veterans dad-dicking younger guys moments. That's what we get for letting Dallas hang around, take leads. Pop can coach this shit out of them but it will be a process.

6 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

That was a bit rough for him last night. We just extended his contract a few days ago, so good luck with that, but he did look bad in spots. Throwing up 3s that didn't look confident at all, we were outrebounded when it counted most, and he got frustrated somewhere in the 3rd where you could tell he was losing his cool. He'll have to settle back down into his role as the 4th or 5th option. 

The fact that he's chunking up 3s as soon as he touches the ball frustrates the hell out of me. 

11 minutes ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

The fact that he's chunking up 3s as soon as he touches the ball frustrates the hell out of me. 

He was 3 of 5 from 3. You also thought Zach Collins sucked last night. Maybe watch a few more games before bitching about everything. 

He's trying to turn Sochan into a Draymond type player on offense and gonna baptize him by fire this season to develop that in him. 

Tre Jones actually looked pretty effective on bench minute duty when he was out there. 

We need better rebounding to win games too and Idk where we are going to get that. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

He's trying to turn Sochan into a Draymond type player on offense and gonna baptize him by fire this season to develop that in him. 

Tre Jones actually looked pretty effective on bench minute duty when he was out there. 

We need better rebounding to win games too and Idk where we are going to get that. 

I can see what he wants to do with that lineup. He's hoping Sochan can develop enough at the spot to play that big lineup where everyone is 6'7"+ down the stretch in close games when teams always go to the pick and roll. When that lineup gets used to playing together and syncs up defensively they'll be able to switch every pick and roll and make it tough to score on them. This year is an experiment season especially the first half of it. He's going to give that lineup a lot of time to learn together because of what potentially could be one of the best finishing lineups in the league if it goes right.