2023 ALCS: Rangers vs Astros

Helobious

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
48 minutes ago, Helobious said:
Just absolutely fucking beautiful. The Astros fraudulent “dynasty” ends with their rivals celebrating the pennant on the Minute Maid field. Great day to be a baseball fan

Is it even a dynasty if you never win back to back? That seems like the minimum. What they did was very impressive but dynasty? Nope.

Yeah 2 titles 5 years apart, one of them illegit, isn’t a dynasty. That’s why I put it in quotes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, Helobious said:
Just absolutely fucking beautiful. The Astros fraudulent “dynasty” ends with their rivals celebrating the pennant on the Minute Maid field. Great day to be a baseball fan

Is it even a dynasty if you never win back to back? That seems like the minimum. What they did was very impressive but dynasty? Nope.

Unlike a fat chick, we aren't seeking your endorsement,  It is the best run you'll witness in your lifetime.

The funny part is how it is over...just because you're talking about it.  Mkay.

Edited by slorch

I went to the game and while Im disappointed that we lost, it’s not the same feeling when we used to lose in the playoffs like in the 2000s. When you get to the ALCS or WS, you’re playing good teams. You can’t and won’t win all of these series. Our recent history is 4-3 in the ALCS and 2-2 in the WS.

onto the ‘24 season and let’s chase the Braves’ record of 8 consecutive CS appearances.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

It's not the best run. Braves with 8. Some of us are "old" like that.

and 1 WS ring.  Debatable "better" but yeah, in the discussion.

Astros ain't necessarily done though either.  The worst fullseason in that run, and they finished one game from the WS.

Enjoy it while they are 'down.'

Edited by slorch

Nellie is unfairly castigated by our fanbase.  Dumb imo.  Nellie gets the Bill Buckner treatment for something 10 times harder than Buckner while he spent the rest of the postseason Adolis Garciaing everything.  No one pays attention to the fact that the game continued afterward, we put in disaster pitchers, we go up by 2 more runs, we blow that.  Hate how we treat him.  I went to bed furious, as did every other Ranger fan, but not at him.  I was surprised at the narrative forming around him when I read stuff in the morning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Nellie is unfairly castigated by our fanbase.  Dumb imo.  Nellie gets the Bill Buckner treatment for something 10 times harder than Buckner while he spent the rest of the postseason Adolis Garciaing everything.  No one pays attention to the fact that the game continued afterward, we put in disaster pitchers, we go up by 2 more runs, we blow that.  Hate how we treat him.  I went to bed furious, as did every other Ranger fan, but not at him.  I was surprised at the narrative forming around him when I read stuff in the morning.

I don't like Cruz for taking his PED suspension during the year instead of appealing it and taking it the next year.  If he had appealed it and played out the rest of 2013, the Rangers had a good chance of winning the West (they came in 2nd to the A's).  But it was the last year of his contract and he didn't want the suspension looming over his next contract. 

I get why he did it but it stills sucks from a Rangers fan perspective. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

That was also a bonehead decision by Wash IIRC. He should've used a defensive sub for Nellie in the 9th.

• Hook 'Em 1

Absolutely. That was a straight line shot right to the wall. Did he maybe misplay it? Sure. But this wasn't dropping some can of corn pop up. Or as you mentioned, what Buckner did. And we then make it up right after and go up 9-7. But the 10th inning on early ever gets mentioned. Just the Freese play. I don't blame Cruz at all for that series. Wouldn't even be there if it wasn't for him.
  • Like 2