UCF @ Oklahoma 11am on ABC

Constant

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

2 pt try, nobody was lined up to the short side.  So the play design is to flood the play side of the field with defenders?

and then sent the rb that way to get the ball so that the linebackers get to flow over there as well. 

now have a rb throwing to half the field or less and it has 6 or more defenders all over. 

that seems like a play you run to the opposite side of where you put all the receivers, and hope they ignore the TE. At worst it’s a pass into single coverage or he tries to run it in with one to beat. 

Slot guy snuck out late but RB was more concerned with the defender bearing down on him. Would've been a walk in.

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

OU loses next week by double digits to Kansas 

Sadly no. Every year they have one game like this where they should lose but don't and then end up cruising the rest of the year. As I said earlier, this game will be forgotten by the end of the day and will have zero impact on the rest of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, z009 said:

This won't be the version of OU that Kansas gets. It will likely be the OU that showed up against us and Iowa State. Kansas is 5-2, so they'll have OU's attention and get their best shot. This OU performance screamed hangover, which happens to most teams after a big win. Also, Kansas lost to a really bad OSU team and struggled with BYU, so it's not like their world beaters either. 

OSU loss was Bean at QB not Daniels.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Sadly no. Every year they have one game like this where they should lose but don't and then end up cruising the rest of the year. As I said earlier, this game will be forgotten by the end of the day and will have zero impact on the rest of the year. 

Except last year under the same HC when they lost 7 games. Right?

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Last year is the anomaly with a new head coach. I'd love for them to lose every game the rest of the year, but that's not going to happen. We just need to take care of our business and beat them in the championship game. 

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

OSU loss was Bean at QB not Daniels.

The Kansas people are saying Daniels is done for the year. Even if he were to somehow play, I don't think he's enough to overcome an A game from OU, which is what Kansas is likely going to get now. After getting chewed out at practice all week, OU will likely be fired up and out to prove this game was an anomaly. Kansas is a solid team, too, so they will have OU's respect and attention. I imagine it's hard to get 18-year-olds fired up to play a 3-3 team at 11 AM.

Edited by z009

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We all gave Sark a pass for year 1, mainly because in year one the roster is not guys recruited by the new head coach. I believe this should be the case for every new coach, and Venables already has them at 7-0, so that's improvement no matter how you slice it. 

Just now, z009 said:

We all gave Sark a pass for year 1, mainly because in year one the roster is not guys recruited by the new head coach. I believe this should be the case for every new coach, and Venables already has them at 7-0, so that's improvement no matter how you slice it. 

Different circumstances. Coach prior didn't get fired for lack of performance. He left. Squad was good prior.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Different circumstances. Coach prior didn't get fired for lack of performance. He left. Squad was good prior.

OU had over 30 players depart after Riley left, including most of the best players. Venables didn't exactly inherit the Ritz-Carlton, either. Sark inherited Bijan Robinson, who was better than any player on OU's roster last year. OU is 7-0 and one of the few undefeated teams right now, so holding last year against Venables doesn't make much sense when it's clear now that it was likely an anomaly.

Edited by z009

5 minutes ago, z009 said:

OU had over 30 players depart after Riley left, including most of the best players. Venables didn't exactly inherit the Ritz-Carlton, either. Sark inherited Bijan Robinson, who was better than any player on OU's roster last year. OU is 7-0 and one of the few undefeated teams right now, so holding last year against Venables doesn't make much sense when it's clear now that it was likely an anomaly.

I get what you are saying, but OU was a successful program for decades with little falloff. The foundation was still there. Unlike what's been going on here for the last decade. BV shouldn't have been held accountable for the shit show last year but it also wasn't amazing that they were back considering the portal is there to fill the few holes they had.

2 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Wut. The sooner fans on this site told us that Oklahoma didn’t play a perfect game against us, it’s funny because it was bullshit. Hence the lulz. It’s laughable that they only play their perfect game against us, much like they do the horns down when they aren’t playing us hence the big LOL. You’re an adult on a message board on a Saturday obsessing over teenagers…everybody in here needs therapy bud. You keep being the bastion for mental health tho. 

Buddy you are clearly a dumbass.  If you ever want respect from folks out in the world, stop being stupid. 

• Haha 1