NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Minny shot 52.4% for the game.  That is absolutely sustainable.
They said 59. something on the broadcast. Oh, well. This will go 6 or 7, IMO. Nuggets outside of Jok did not play well. Even he started slow.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:
Hahaha, I mean they look great.  I’m absolutely shit hammered at f1 though which Is like time travel.  I think.  

You went back after last year's shit show?

Sorry I meant you’re right.  I did cry but that was two years ago.  Last year was a good break and I’m back being a dumbass 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Ah yes, the bubble year where everyone got 3-4 months off to rest up for the stretch run and playoffs.  There's the answer, Clippers just need to ask the league to institute an in-season, quarter-year load management break.

The discussion was Lue getting dinged for his coaching chops because he took the Clippers job and “signed up” for Kawhi.  

All I was saying is at that moment in time it’s hard to call it a dumb decision.  No question everything since Kawhi tore his ACL has been a disaster for the Clippers.  Extending him is probably the stupidest thing any organization outside of Phoenix has done in the past year 

If Gordon on Edwards more is going to be the adjustment for the Nuggets, that play late where Edwards blew by him might suggest it’s not gonna be the solution. 

11 minutes ago, MrX said:

Ant was awesome tonight. This series is going deep - I’d be surprised if it weren’t 2-2 going back to Denver for Game 5. 

Man, I hope so. I want a Spurs/Mavs 2006 kind of series (quite possibly the greatest non conference finals series ever).

• Hook 'Em 2

He’s an incredible basketball mind. While he doesn’t have the natural offensive skill as Joker with the ball… he’s such a smart defender

Wolves got to sit him for half of the third and part of the fourth and came in completely energized. Jokers gonna have 4 different defenders at different times + roaming DPOY.

Denver’s bench was minimal. Reggie came in scorching. Nothing from watson or holiday. Ok game by Braun.

Yeah that series (and especially Game 7) was insane.

Thanks for posting this. Watched it in full to re live that great game and series. Was only 21 at the time. That series was more satisfying to win than the next series against the Suns

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

He’s an incredible basketball mind. While he doesn’t have the natural offensive skill as Joker with the ball… he’s such a smart defender

Wolves got to sit him for half of the third and part of the fourth and came in completely energized. Jokers gonna have 4 different defenders at different times + roaming DPOY.

Denver’s bench was minimal. Reggie came in scorching. Nothing from watson or holiday. Ok game by Braun.

I thought Denver’s bench played pretty well considering their assignment is to play it even while Jokic sits. And they got a ton of run last night with that weird first half. 

I thought Denver’s bench played pretty well considering their assignment is to play it even while Jokic sits. And they got a ton of run last night with that weird first half. 

Reggie had a moment where he flipped the 1Q but was silent the rest of the game.

Braun was alright. Watson non factor and holiday was whatever.

Reggie had a moment where he flipped the 1Q but was silent the rest of the game.

Braun was alright. Watson non factor and holiday was whatever.
Holiday shouldn't be getting playoff minutes, IMO. He is not good and hasn't been good all year.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is sad.

Without Allen, the Cavs look so small compared to Orlando.

And Garland/Mobley...smh.

Strus is also an eyesore at this point.  

JBB is as bad as Paul Silas & John Lucas.

Really the entire team sucks outside of Mitchell.

Edited by Message Board User

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Without Allen, the Cavs look so small compared to Orlando.

And Garland/Mobley...smh.

Strus is also an eyesore at this point.  

JBB is as bad as Paul Silas & John Lucas.

Really the entire team sucks outside of Mitchell.

Once you have to turn to LaVert you know it's rough. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Once you have to turn to LaVert you know it's rough. 

Speaking of...

What the Cavs traded for Levert on 02-06-22:

Ricky Rubio
2023 First Round Pick (Ben Sheppard)
2022 Second Round Pick (Andrew Nembhard)
2027 Second Round Pick

What the Knicks traded for Josh Hart on 02-09-23:

Svi Mykhailuk (to Charlotte)
Ryan Arcidiacono
Cam Reddish
2023 protected first round pick (Kris Murray)
Ante Tomic

Good comeback by the Cavs to get their first playoff series win without LeBron since 1993. Very important win for the team to help convince Mitchell to stay another 4 years. He's the closest thing they will get to a Superstar this decade, so they need to hang on to him.  If they can take 2 from Boston, I'll be happy, but would love to see the upset and rematch with the Knicks. Gonna need Allen back, so let's hope he's OK before game 1, or it's gonna be ugly.

That 93 Cavs team beat the Nets, and went on to get steamrolled by the Bulls in the second round. It was a good team with Larry Nance, Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Craig Ehlo, Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry and Hotrod Williams, but that early 90s team ran into the Bulls a few times and got wrecked. Let's hope this version of the Cavs can do better.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Good comeback by the Cavs to get their first playoff series win without LeBron since 1993. Very important win for the team to help convince Mitchell to stay another 4 years. He's the closest thing they will get to a Superstar this decade, so they need to hang on to him.  If they can take 2 from Boston, I'll be happy, but would love to see the upset and rematch with the Knicks. Gonna need Allen back, so let's hope he's OK before game 1, or it's gonna be ugly.

That 93 Cavs team beat the Nets, and went on to get steamrolled by the Bulls in the second round. It was a good team with Larry Nance, Brad Daugherty, Mark Price, Craig Ehlo, Steve Kerr, Danny Ferry and Hotrod Williams, but that early 90s team ran into the Bulls a few times and got wrecked. Let's hope this version of the Cavs can do better.

The Celtics aren't as good defensively as Orlando but man they are going to light the Cavs up from 3.