NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Late game tonight is Clips/Mavs for a pivotal Game 5 at 9pm CST. Whoever loses this series is probably going to be making a lot of big changes in the offseason, so a lot on the line. Winner gets to play a very young and inexperienced OKC, which should be a good series either way.  

If it goes to a Game 7, that will be on Sunday May 5th.  Winner then turns around and plays at OKC on Tuesday, May 7th with OKC having like a week off.

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah this is the time of year I wish I lived in the Pacific time zone.

I kind of generally wish I lived in San Diego but sure, the late games would be earlier.

I mean PHO can either trade Book and KD or they can try and run it back.

The former could save their franchise, the latter seems like the type of dumbshittery their doofus owner would double down on.

But JB and Booker seems superfluous.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This first round has been shit besides NY/Philly.

Maybe Dallas and LAC can go 7

Crazy how OKC/Den/Min went 12-1 vs their playoff competition.

Boston/NY/MKE are 9-6

In fairness, though the Denver-L.A. series was one-sided, the games were actually pretty intense and entertaining.

1 hour ago, Braff Zacklin said:

In fairness, though the Denver-L.A. series was one-sided, the games were actually pretty intense and entertaining.

It's been brutal locally in SoCal, man. The Lakers are now the unfortunate losers of the closest sweep in playoff history and the most competitive 5 game series. "Analysts" pondering that, had they not been matched up against Denver, maybe we'd currently be discussing their favorable opponent in the 2nd round and another WCF appearance.

You mean a team that participated in the play-in was "unlucky" to draw the best team?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's been brutal locally in SoCal, man. The Lakers are now the unfortunate losers of the closest sweep in playoff history and the most competitive 5 game series. "Analysts" pondering that, had they not been matched up against Denver, maybe we'd currently be discussing their favorable opponent in the 2nd round and another WCF appearance.

You mean a team that participated in the play-in was "unlucky" to draw the best team?

Happy If You Say So GIF

Posted (edited)

Are the two best players in the league white guys?

Who's ready to have this conversation, and when is the last time that that's been the case?

Edited by ztejas

Lakers should’ve punted the Nola game then, they probably could’ve beaten OKC

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

they probably could’ve beaten OKC

Is this satire? What are we basing that on? I hope ownership thinks the same and just fires Ham and runs it back.

Posted (edited)

I just looked at the Clippers roster. This season they paid $125,000,000 for Leonard, Harden and George.

Leonard is $10,000,000 behind Harden and George.

Those guys, only George and Harden, combined for 22 points last night.

NBA contracts are insane.

Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Do we see Kawhi in game 6?  

Why? They’ve been awful when he does.
Are the two best players in the league white guys?
Who's ready to have this conversation, and when is the last time that that's been the case?

Yes. And it’s been that way for at least a year or two.

Is this satire? What are we basing that on? I hope ownership thinks the same and just fires Ham and runs it back.

I’m basing on the lakers winning the series 3-1

They would’ve put up more of an effort than that turd NOLA laid. The series would still probably be going on

39 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’m basing on the lakers winning the series 3-1

They would’ve put up more of an effort than that turd NOLA laid. The series would still probably be going on

Meh. As you know, Phoenix swept the season series against Minnesota. Playoff basketball is just different. Sure, they would have had a much better chance than they did against Denver, but they're a really flawed basketball team. 

Also, purposely tanking a play-in game to put yourself in a do-or-die game for the 8 seed is lunacy.

Going forward with the Clippers, you really have to wonder about PG.  He's 34 years old at this point and if he wants to win a title or even come close, he needs to do something this offseason with his player option.  He's not winning with the Clippers and their current roster.  No one in their right mind would have signed The Nephew to that new contract but they did.  He played 68 games this year and that's the most games he's played since 2017.  He's injured now (surprise) and he'll turn 33 this year.  Even with that and Harden, they still finished middle of the pack with a likely first round exit.

If he went to GS, they're contenders immediately.  Bill Simmons mentioned Orlando but that seems random.  My guess is Ballmer money whips him to stay in order to open the new arena.  If he leaves, though, the makes the PG trade with SGA even worse than it already is.

Meh. As you know, Phoenix swept the season series against Minnesota. Playoff basketball is just different. Sure, they would have had a much better chance than they did against Denver, but they're a really flawed basketball team. 
Also, purposely tanking a play-in game to put yourself in a do-or-die game for the 8 seed is lunacy.

I was just responding to the loser analysts with hypotheticals about tanking a play in for an easier 1st rd opponent

Obviously it would never happen. It’s why I put the word “then” in my post
  • Hook 'Em 1

I would be surprised to see PG leave. He spent half his career trying to get home to LA. Ballmer will give him more money than anyone else. 

The Clippers really aren't in that bad of shape, cap-wise. Kawhi's deal is dumb, but they don't have much committed beyond that. PG will change that, though. They are going to have to make a decision on Harden who is unrestricted this off season. Westbrook has a NBA minimum player option that I can't imagine he opts into. I wonder what kind of interest either of them gets on the open market.

31 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Going forward with the Clippers, you really have to wonder about PG.  He's 34 years old at this point and if he wants to win a title or even come close, he needs to do something this offseason with his player option.  He's not winning with the Clippers and their current roster.  No one in their right mind would have signed The Nephew to that new contract but they did.  He played 68 games this year and that's the most games he's played since 2017.  He's injured now (surprise) and he'll turn 33 this year.  Even with that and Harden, they still finished middle of the pack with a likely first round exit.

If he went to GS, they're contenders immediately.  Bill Simmons mentioned Orlando but that seems random.  My guess is Ballmer money whips him to stay in order to open the new arena.  If he leaves, though, the makes the PG trade with SGA even worse than it already is.

Funny thing about the Clips/76ers situations is that the Harden trade actually gave the 76ers a some more flexibility this offseason by dumping PJ Tucker's 11.5m on LAC. The 76ers have 4 guys under contract for a total of 63m, and Maxey is an RFA.  Obviously they need to give Maxey the max extension, but before they do, he only counts as a 13m cap hold. This may give the 76ers an opportunity to snag a guy like Paul George in free agency. I would not be surprised to see PG bail on LAC, unless they can convince a bunch of guys to squad up for cheap, like Harden, Westbrook, Lebron, etc. The 76ers could also chase some other names that will likely be getting some large sized contracts like Siakam, Derozan, Bruce Brown, OG Anunoby or maybe even Lebron. They could possibly use cap space to trade and absorb a big contract too, lean into that shithead mentality that Embiid tends to exude, and go get Draymond from Golden State. 

And while we're on random free agency topics, I think the Spurs should go after Tyus Jones this offseason. They need a selfless point guard to help run the offense, and I think he would be a good fit. He's a really good 3pt shooter, distributor and ball handler, which would compliment that offense very well. Plus he's still young at 27 years old, so a 4 year deal wouldn't be too risky for them. He played pretty well on a terrible Wizards team this season, and despite having to work with the shit roster they had, he was still a bright spot. Just think what he could do with some decent coaching and teammates that aren't selfish chuckers. 

I think it would be fun to see Harden and Westbrook come to Houston on cheap deals and group up with their young players. The Rockets could try to trade FVV+stuff to the Suns for KD, assuming the Suns see the light at the end of the tunnel is fading, begin rebuilding and ship Booker off somewhere else. It would be fun to see those guys together with Sengun, Adams, Jabari and a bunch of supporting players.  

I have two comments. First I'm not sure if he's disabled or not, but at this point I don't fucking care. Get that damn kid doing his fancy selfie jump hitting that pose in the Pixel commercial off of my fucking TV. Now.

Second, why does my algorithm seem to think I give a fuck about that Stephen A has to say about anything? He is just a loudmouth obnoxious fan. I am sick of his shit popping up on my Twitter and IG. I do not follow that clown. Why is he even on TV? The TVs at the gym this morning were tuned into some other god awful round table diarrhea salad show and they were doing a fucking segment on some statement that Screamin A made about LeBron and the Knicks. He is not even on that particular show. Who holds this guy's basketball opinions in high regard exactly?

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Jesus Pat Bev. That’ll be a lawsuit. Bucks players are just like “you’re on your own for that one bro”

He's for sure getting a fat fine.