NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

I think Minny can beat Denver. Not only did they sweep, pretty sure they just covered the spread in 4 straight games. 

I guess if Finch blew out his knee or some shit that could be problematic.

ANT looks like he's potentially the 2nd best player in the conference.

(Although Kevin OConnor is paid a lot of money to cover basketball and he doesn't have him as a top 15 player)

Edited by ztejas

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

LETS GO!!!!

Congrats. I remember being excited when Dallas beat Utah in 2001 to win their first playoff series since the 80s and that was the first playoff series I even saw them play. Crazy how it has been 20 years since Minnesota won a single playoff series.

Congrats. I remember being excited when Dallas beat Utah in 2001 to win their first playoff series since the 80s and that was the first playoff series I even saw them play. Crazy how it has been 20 years since Minnesota won a single playoff series.

I thought you were beating our asses with dirk Nash and Finley
  • Hook 'Em 1

Miami dark magic strikes again, they end up winning even after faceplanting in their offseason pursuit of Beal or Lillard.  They weren't getting by Boston this year, let alone Denver/OKC/Minny.  Maybe they somehow shuffle deck chairs along with Phoenix and get Durant since Ishbia is probably going to do something stupid again.

Eric Gordon getting 39 minutes in an elimination game where he only made 2 shots. Oh man, Suns are fucked.

This might take 10 years to crawl out of.

Booker is their most attractive asset. KD is just too old and beal has a no trade clause in which no team is going to want him anyways for 3 years at 50 million.

Unloading Booker might shave 5 years. Durant will be 36 come start of next year. I don’t even know who has assets for Booker. Spurs, OKC and Utah? Maybe Miami targets him and they can get jovic, jerro and a pick?

Knicks have picks and crappier role players but Phoenix is gonna have to do this organically

As someone who hates the Suns and Booker, this is so very sweet. Anthony Edwards just took joint custody of being Booker's daddy with Luka.

There was a moment, I think it was at the 2:30 mark left in the 4th when it was still very much anyones game, when the Suns were passing the ball around the world and all 5 guys got touches and the Minny D was absolutely flying to their spots and closing the windows with impunity. It was actually a very beautiful sequence of D. And it was then I knew it was over.

Sucks for Durant, as a Durant fan, but tonight is a good night.

7 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Miami dark magic strikes again, they end up winning even after faceplanting in their offseason pursuit of Beal or Lillard.  They weren't getting by Boston this year, let alone Denver/OKC/Minny.  Maybe they somehow shuffle deck chairs along with Phoenix and get Durant since Ishbia is probably going to do something stupid again.

Not sure if KD has enough juice to put them over the top.  I’d like for KDto leave Phoenix though.  Maybe he’s best as a two in Dallas.  

As someone who hates the Suns and Booker, this is so very sweet. Anthony Edwards just took joint custody of being Booker's daddy with Luka.
There was a moment, I think it was at the 2:30 mark left in the 4th when it was still very much anyones game, when the Suns were passing the ball around the world and all 5 guys got touches and the Minny D was absolutely flying to their spots and closing the windows with impunity. It was actually a very beautiful sequence of D. And it was then I knew it was over.
Sucks for Durant, as a Durant fan, but tonight is a good night.

Must’ve been when NAW telegraphed the pass and stole it in the corner. Yea that was sick. Suns were down like. 4 or 5 and the offenses were exchanging blows, that might’ve been the knockout
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Must’ve been when NAW telegraphed the pass and stole it in the corner. Yea that was sick. Suns were down like. 4 or 5 and the offenses were exchanging blows, that might’ve been the knockout

Yea it was either a steal or a shot clock violation outcome, but it was a thing of beauty.

5 minutes ago, Kermit said:

And here it is.

Coach killer is a bit strong still--Frank Vogel's job in the NBA these days is essentially "fall guy"--but 18 years into a college and pro career, and Rick Barnes and Scott Brooks are the only coaches that he liked.

10 hours ago, Kermit said:

Sucks to suck, Suns. For the Spurs not being in the playoffs, I sure am enjoying myself this postseason. Who’s next on the hate train?

Dave Chappelle Playa Haters Ball GIF

Denzel Washington Movie GIF

It's a shame that the Mavs and the Los Angeles FuckKawhiLeonard's can't both lose their series.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Coach killer is a bit strong still--Frank Vogel's job in the NBA these days is essentially "fall guy"--but 18 years into a college and pro career, and Rick Barnes and Scott Brooks are the only coaches that he liked.

Rick Barnes to Phoenix???

31 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Brooks, Nash and Monty didn't need help getting killed. I don't think he had any issues with Billy D. There was drama on the Ws but that was an awkward situation for everyone - I don't think he ever wanted Kerr gone or anything like that. 

The Suns have a bigger roster issue than they do a coaching issue, but at the same time I'm not going to pretend like Vogel did an amazing job or anything this season. I think he was fine in the regular season and then got pantsed in the playoffs.

Durant keeps finding/putting himself in less than optimal situations and then complaining about them. It's like he just wants to play pick-up ball without much accountability. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I don't know who Cari Champion is but this rumor is on the internet/twitter so it must be true.

She is someone who is never going to break any relevant NBA news. 

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Hopefully it doesn't impact the TWolves

I can't imagine how it wouldn't impact them.

I mean, it could be a weird scenario where they like rally around him and play harder, but either way it will affect the team. 

Edited by ztejas

15 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Ouch, that's awful. Didn't even look like that bad of a collision at the time. Hopefully it doesn't impact the TWolves and he can make it back to the sideline before the next round. 

It's a very serious injury. And somehow Tony Parker was able to come back from this injury sooner than the malcontent was from his sore leg. But somehow Tony was the asshole for calling it out.

• Like 1

Yea this has bothered me most of the day. I really like Chris Finch the coach and also the person. Everyone who’s had run ins with him have stated he’s nice down to earth every day guy outside of basketball

He’s got a pretty good lead assistant in Micah Nori who came from Denver. I don’t know if he can even be on the sidelines or coach from the second row. Not sure if crutches or a scooter would be allowed

We need the lakers to extend this denver series to 7 so we can sort out WTF we’re gonna do with finch

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Brooks, Nash and Monty didn't need help getting killed. I don't think he had any issues with Billy D. There was drama on the Ws but that was an awkward situation for everyone - I don't think he ever wanted Kerr gone or anything like that. 

The Suns have a bigger roster issue than they do a coaching issue, but at the same time I'm not going to pretend like Vogel did an amazing job or anything this season. I think he was fine in the regular season and then got pantsed in the playoffs.

Durant keeps finding/putting himself in less than optimal situations and then complaining about them. It's like he just wants to play pick-up ball without much accountability. 

Nash may have been a terrible coach on his own merits, but Durant and Kyrie should still get partial credit for that debacle.  They wanted Atkinson fired and wanted someone who was more of a friend/teammate in the coaching role.  

Edited by Captain Obvious