NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Lebron passing up 3s to make uncontested layups to pad his stats. Loser

To be fair he’s not the best uncontested 3 point maker he should be making 2s and trying to get steals

The Lakers are cooked. And you don't lose that many games in a row to the same team without coaching being an issue. Michael Malone has stunted all over Darvin Ham for 2 years now. This is pro sports....that's just sad to be owned that badly. And I think Denver has looked vulnerable, not a foregone conclusion that they win it all. 

I'm not penciling Denver to the Finals just yet. I think the Minny/PHO winner is going to be dangerous. 

I have no idea what is going on with Boston. Maybe they just need to exorcise the Miami demon and they'll roll from there.

But my God Brown and Tatum are just so often... flat. Watching them lose to Miami - again - I was thinking about the Durant/Westbrook days. Those guys would have bad games and they lost series (albeit to some really fucking good teams) but they wouldn't just disappear and look like deer in the headlights during playoff games against worse teams. They always had that gamebreaking potential to come screaming back out of nowhere or tear the roof off the arena and ride the momentum to a W. 

I just don't see that that often with Tatum and Brown. It's like they're missing some sort of 5th gear or competitive edge or nastiness. 

Can't wait for G3 of that one...

Edited by ztejas

I know we like to shit on DLo. Teams like the wolves held him back https://www.si.com/fannation/bringmethesports/timberwolves/dangelo-russell-believes-he-was-held-back-by-the-timberwolves

So this is all giant misunderstanding why DLo would get some unwarranted hate. We all would be mad if our true potential was being held hostage

I’d bench that son of a bitch loser for game 4. Then cut his ass right after they get swept
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is he actually on his phone there? WTF? How do you even take that out of the locker room?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I have no idea what is going on with Boston. Maybe they just need to exorcise the Miami demon and they'll roll from there.

Boston is an enigma for sure. As usual, there is a lot of overreaction from one game, especially from one where Miami went bonkers from three. But then you see something like this, and just say WTF? Maybe Miami just has their number?

I do think that the Celtics are overrated though. They keep throwing up all of those historical stats about point differential and SRS and how much better they were than everybody else in the conference, but all of the East contenders had to deal with major shit this year, and the bottom of the conference is a joke. So, all those crazy numbers are inflated. Beyond that, they are a 100% 5-out, live by the three, die by the three offense. Those shots are a lot easier in December when the refs call a foul every time you breathe hard on someone. They aren't going to get those same looks in the playoffs.

They won't be able to fire Joe Mazzulla fast enough if Spoelstra continues to pants him in this series.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

there is a lot of overreaction from one game

Quite literally the ethos of this thread.

38 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Maybe Miami just has their number?

Boston swept Miami in the regular season and is currently 1-1 in the playoffs w/ a 20pt blowout, but Miami just has the Celtics' number?  

Miami matches up better vs Boston than anyone else in the East, but the scale tips Celtics over the past 3 seasons.  1 playoff series each (both 7 games), 7-3 Boston in the regular season.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Does anyone else think Boston would lose not only to Denver but also OKC, Minny, and maybe the Clippers?

We do this every year. Miami is a really, really tough out every single year without fail, regardless of seeding. They were the only team to win a game in Denver in last year's playoffs. Obviously, Boston struggles to match their intesity game in and game out. But I'd still favor the Celtics over any team not defending their championship.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm not penciling Denver to the Finals just yet. I think the Minny/PHO winner is going to be dangerous. 

Minny is gonna be a tough series, for sure.  They are pretty evenly matched with the Nuggets.  I'm less concerned with Phoenix if they were to make it past Minny.

6 hours ago, Js1 said:

Team Embiid with the PR move to announce he was treated for mild Bell’s Palsey after his Draymond-esque BS last night 

The shit Embid pulled last night deserves punishment from NBA commissioners office.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Matt Ishbia, lol. Fucking clown.

Third highest payroll in the league, completely mortgaged future, and going to win the same number of playoff games as the Pistons while being only moderately more competitive. I’d say that’s a helluva first year as an owner. 

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

10 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Third highest payroll in the league, completely mortgaged future, and going to win the same number of playoff games as the Pistons while being only moderately more competitive. I’d say that’s a helluva first year as an owner. 

He's the Tobias Funke meme.

image.png.f03e71047e241369196b2ac4035a8079.png

• Hook 'Em 1

He's been playing like a shithead all season. I watched him shoot PHO out of multiple games. He was supposed to take the torch from KD and be the 1A and he's completely shit his pants in this series. 

Talented guy but seems very low IQ and like he's not a great leader.

Say what you want about him Chris Paul seriously carried that franchise for a few seasons there. 

Also I love ANT. He and Wemby will continue to fuel my NBA addiction. I think Minny is going to be a very tough out for Denver. 
I think Minn/Den winner is winning the chip. And I love Ant except when he's playing the Nuggets.

Wow wasn’t expecting that. Should’ve been 20+ had Beal not had his best stretch of the series in garbage time

Their big 3 played the entire second half. And there isn’t 2 days in between games now. Narrative stands, if the wolves win or keep it close in the first…they should win

• Like 1