NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

5 hours ago, aggie08 said:

You guys clearly weren't watching March Madness on the March Madness Live app if you're just now becoming apoplectic about the What a Pro Wants commercial.

No flex zone is arguably worse -  less cringy but much more aggressively irritating. Both of them send me scrambling for the mute button, almost reflexively at this point. Fuck Wingstop, fuck jenga, and fuck whatever shitty product those assholes from Oklahoma are pimping. 

The more I think about it, this offseason could be bananas. The Lakers, Warriors, Suns, and Clippers all have aging stars, are in varying degrees of cap hell, aren't legit contenders, and are going to have to make some difficult decisions. You could throw the Bucks in there, too. I can't imagine all of them running it back and paying huge tax bills just to fight for the play in or an early exit.

• Hook 'Em 1

No flex zone is arguably worse -  less cringy but much more aggressively irritating. Both of them send me scrambling for the mute button, almost reflexively at this point. Fuck Wingstop, fuck jenga, and fuck whatever shitty product those assholes from Oklahoma are pimping. 
The more I think about it, this offseason could be bananas. The Lakers, Warriors, Suns, and Clippers all have aging stars, are in varying degrees of cap hell, aren't legit contenders, and are going to have to make some difficult decisions. You could throw the Bucks in there, too. I can't imagine all of them running it back and paying huge tax bills just to fight for the play in or an early exit.

Just do a 4 way.

Klay/Kuminga/picks to PHX
Booker to LAL
Dlo/Reaves to LAC
Kawhi to GS

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

n/m that was mean.

Edited by BeardIP

10 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I shed no tears for him. He CHOSE this situation and wanted Beal brought in and he willingly teamed with another player in Booker that no one should want to be teammates with. He should own this situation and take his fair share of the blame instead of saying stuff like that behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Look forward to months of talking head baseless wish-casting about the possibility of LeBron and Steph teaming up, especially in an Olympic year. Yay.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kawhi to GS

Why are you like this?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Please make this happen.  The meltdown on this forum would be epic.

Yeah well I hope you get AIDS and then they cure your AIDS and then you get super AIDS.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah well I hope you get AIDS and then they cure your AIDS and then you get super AIDS.

Not sure if super AIDS is better or worse than watching Trae Young chuck your team out of a game.

I cannot imagine the Spurs would be that dumb - to my untrained eye, Trae seems about the worst kind of PG imaginable to pair with Wemby.  

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Please make this happen.  The meltdown on this forum would be epic.

I can count on zero fingers the amount of full games I have watched that guy play, but the little I have seen he looks like the kind of point guard that no next generation star should ever be paired with. 

4 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No flex zone is arguably worse -  less cringy but much more aggressively irritating.

Hard agree. Dumb fuck lyrics that insist upon themselves. Terrible mumble auto tune trend-chasing bullshit.  Triggered.

19 hours ago, BeardIP said:

As someone who hates the Suns and Booker, this is so very sweet. Anthony Edwards just took joint custody of being Booker's daddy with Luka.

There was a moment, I think it was at the 2:30 mark left in the 4th when it was still very much anyones game, when the Suns were passing the ball around the world and all 5 guys got touches and the Minny D was absolutely flying to their spots and closing the windows with impunity. It was actually a very beautiful sequence of D. And it was then I knew it was over.

Sucks for Durant, as a Durant fan, but tonight is a good night.

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Must’ve been when NAW telegraphed the pass and stole it in the corner. Yea that was sick. Suns were down like. 4 or 5 and the offenses were exchanging blows, that might’ve been the knockout

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Miami gargling Celtic balls. Bummer.

Miami went through the same process with the Bucks a few years ago.  Embarrassed them in the bubble, then got swept in the 1st round the following year.  They should be happy they didn't mortgage their future to acquire Beal/Lillard to get the same result.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Yea this has bothered me most of the day. I really like Chris Finch the coach and also the person. Everyone who’s had run ins with him have stated he’s nice down to earth every day guy outside of basketball

He’s got a pretty good lead assistant in Micah Nori who came from Denver. I don’t know if he can even be on the sidelines or coach from the second row. Not sure if crutches or a scooter would be allowed

We need the lakers to extend this denver series to 7 so we can sort out WTF we’re gonna do with finch

Very likely needs to be in a knee immobilzer and the dude seems tall af so I'm guessing he will be on the court with his seat way backed up but no seat in front so not technically second row.  I don't see why he wouldn't be able to be out there except for maybe the one game after surgery but even then if they schedule it when he has 48 hrs he would already be getting therapy so why couldn't he sit out there?  

Hope MN is full strength including Finch being out there.  Watching MN and OKC is a fucking blast. 

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Miami gargling Celtic balls. Bummer.

Sorry. Miami can suck my nuts. Shitty franchise, only history is when they had the big three and they pissed it away. Celts have down years, but they are a power in the NBA.

I realize there are only 2 of us who like the Celtics on this forum. But come one, you cannot deny their place in NBA history.

I don't think they win it all, but fuck miami and their tiny speedo wearing fan base. Go kick it in the Grove and hope you get to see a celebrity.

And they had a LOT of FTs.

Next series gonna be a good one.

giphy.gif
May as well get the series over with haha.

I’d think the wolves stick mcdaniels/naw on Murray, Porter draws ant and Kyle Anderson, joker draws kat/rudy/naz/kyle Anderson.

Rudy on Gordon again

Conley roams with KCP
  • Like 1

giphy.gif

I’d think the wolves stick mcdaniels/naw on Murray, Porter draws ant and Kyle Anderson, joker draws kat/rudy/naz/kyle Anderson.

Rudy on Gordon again

Conley roams with KCP
Can't wait. Winner gets the chip, IMO.

The league better be watching.

1 hour ago, InkaUtexas said:

Sorry. Miami can suck my nuts. Shitty franchise, only history is when they had the big three and they pissed it away. Celts have down years, but they are a power in the NBA.

I realize there are only 2 of us who like the Celtics on this forum. But come one, you cannot deny their place in NBA history.

I don't think they win it all, but fuck miami and their tiny speedo wearing fan base. Go kick it in the Grove and hope you get to see a celebrity.

I don't dislike the Celtics. I just wanted a good game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Totally normal that Jokic had zero FTs tonight. Right @UpperWestside ?

I have already said what I think of your conspiracy theories and that I think you are a crazy person for believing in them. Seriously decouple yourself from this stuff and maybe just stop watching the NBA if you think it’s all rigged. Leave the sport to fans who just enjoy watching it instead because you clearly cannot just enjoy the games.

A normal fan would be pretty happy with a series victory in such a fashion, but not you. I did not watch any of the game because I had something far more important that I was doing today, but even I was glad for Murray to do what he did. You, however, take the route of being miserable about things like a basketball game that don’t even matter in the overall scheme of things. It’s not a good look and I find it embarrassing that any older adult of your age would believe in such nonsense as there being a ref cabal fixing games solely for the Lakers. They’re doing a pretty shoddy job of fixing these games.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hell of a game. Lakers missed Fts costed them

It’s better this way. Old Yeller needed to be put down and Murray was ready to take them out back. I am sure you are looking forward to the next round. Enjoy what are hopefully some really entertaining games. 

The Nuggets are pretty banged up. Glad the series doesn’t start until Saturday. KCP is going to need to defend Ant quite a bit and if he’s not close to 100 percent that’s gonna be a huge problem.

We have now entered the phase of the season that Lebron and his team have been training for all year...the "look at me, look at how much I mean to the Lakers, but then again think about how much I could mean to another team who might draft NBA-ready Bronny" phase. Its a special time, and no matter who we root for, a time I hope we can all enjoy. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nobody is discounting the Celtics place in NBA history. Let's face it, they are arguably the third greatest franchise behind the Spurs and Lakers. But since the Heat entered the league in 1988, they have been to 7 finals and won 3 titles. Over that same period, the Celtics have been to 3 finals and won 1 title. You want to throw out the Lebron years, then you should probably throw out the KG/Pierce/Allen years that started all of that super team bullshit in the first place. In that case, it's 3 finals and 1 title for the Heat and 1 finals and 0 championships for the Celtics. Other than their first few expansion years, the Heat have been a better overall franchise than the Celtics by just about any metric and especially since Pat Riley got there.

7 hours ago, Pimphand said:

Man what a mostly shitty opening round so far. Two tied series. Two sweeps and likely all non tied series decided by Wednesday.

The series haven't been necessarily close, but there have been some fantastic games. Both the NY/Philly and LA/Denver series have been incredible to watch, even though they both look like blowouts on paper. I would much rather have those series than something like Cleveland/Orlando that is tied at 2-2 without much compelling basketball.

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Rudy on Gordon again

Conley roams with KCP

Really looking forward to this series. Great matchups all over the court. Denver is beat up a bit. Minnesota looked great but how much of that was Phoenix stinking up the joint? Phoenix was so thin to begin with and once Grayson Allen went out they were really screwed. In addition to his shooting, he was probably Phoenix's best hope at defending Edwards. Denver will have some more options to throw at him on the perimeter. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I have already said what I think of your conspiracy theories and that I think you are a crazy person for believing in them. Seriously decouple yourself from this stuff and maybe just stop watching the NBA if you think it’s all rigged. Leave the sport to fans who just enjoy watching it instead because you clearly cannot just enjoy the games.
A normal fan would be pretty happy with a series victory in such a fashion, but not you. I did not watch any of the game because I had something far more important that I was doing today, but even I was glad for Murray to do what he did. You, however, take the route of being miserable about things like a basketball game that don’t even matter in the overall scheme of things. It’s not a good look and I find it embarrassing that any older adult of your age would believe in such nonsense as there being a ref cabal fixing games solely for the Lakers. They’re doing a pretty shoddy job of fixing these games.
Lol. Your ability to ignore empirical evidence is impressive. And now that the Lakers are dead at the hands of the Nuggets again, I can watch 5 on 5 basketball instead of 5 on 6.

Enjoy Galveston!
  • Hook 'Em 1