NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Win Totals:

Boston Celtics    55.5 (O -110/U -110)
Milwaukee Bucks    54.5 (O -120/U +100)
Denver Nuggets    53.5 (O +105/U -125)
Phoenix Suns    51.5 (O -120/U +100)
Cleveland Cavaliers    50.5 (O -110/U -110)
Philadelphia 76ers    49.5 (O +100/U -120)
Golden State Warriors    47.5 (O -115/U -105)
Los Angeles Lakers    47.5 (O -110/U -110)
Los Angeles Clippers    46.5 (O -110/U -110)
Memphis Grizzlies    45.5 (O -120/U +100)
Miami Heat    45.5 (O +100/U -120)
New York Knicks    45.5 (O +100/U -120)
Minnesota Timberwolves    44.5 (O -115/U -105)
New Orleans Pelicans    44.5 (O -110/U -110)
Oklahoma City Thunder    44.5 (O -110/U -110)
Sacramento Kings    44.5 (O -110/U -110)
Dallas Mavericks    43.5 (O -110/U -110)
Atlanta Hawks    42.5 (O -115/U- 105)
Indiana Pacers    38.5 (O -110/U -110)
Brooklyn Nets    37.5 (O -110/U -110)
Chicago Bulls    37.5 (O -110/U -110)
Orlando Magic    37.5 (O +105/U -125)
Toronto Raptors    36.5 (O +100/U -120)
Utah Jazz    35.5 (O -115/U -105)  
Houston Rockets    31.5 (O -120/U +100)
Charlotte Hornets    31.5 (O +100/U -120)
San Antonio Spurs    29.5 (O -110/U -110)
Portland Trail Blazers    28.5 (O -110/ U -110)
Detroit Pistons    27.5 (O +100/U -120)
Washington Wizards    24.5 (O -1110/ U -110)

Championship odds:

image.thumb.png.184068460162eeac014e5a60e9540b8c.png

MVP Odds:

image.thumb.png.bc8baecc31b8f3eff54a9cb4a2e7faff.png

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

James Harden continues to show his ass, like the ho that he is. I LOVE IT!!!

Yep, anyone that fucks with him gets what they deserves.   Its so much sweeter that its Morey, Embiid and the Sixers though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I like the over for my Spurs. But im not sure about Luka being the 2nd best MVP odds after how they ended last year. Dude still bitches about every call too, it's annoying.

Yeah that Spurs number is tempting. Also, lulz at making Denver only the 4th best odds. Last I checked they still have the Joker and they steamrolled through the playoffs last year to the tune of a 16-4 record.  

18 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Yeah that Spurs number is tempting. Also, lulz at making Denver only the 4th best odds. Last I checked they still have the Joker and they steamrolled through the playoffs last year to the tune of a 16-4 record.  

I don't get the Denver disrespect either. Sure they lost a couple of key bench players, but having a healthy Murray makes all the difference for them.

I can't remember the league having this much parity or this much talent spread out. You can look at just about every team in the league (with the possible exception of Washington) and make a case for them being at least somewhat interesting/talented/promising/exciting. 

In the east Philly is Harden-paralyzed. Cleveland is still up and coming but that playoff stinker still looms. And we should know better than to count out Miami. But it's really Boston, Milwaukee and the rest.

But the west? It's ridiculously deep. I'm re-purposing what I put in the Spurs thread below, but there aren't going to be any nights off in the western conference. Nobody will be tanking outside of maybe Portland. Every over/under seems perilous with this field. One injury for a week or two could cost you 5 slots of playoff position. The regular season might actually mean something for once.

• Championship tier: Nuggets - defending champs with a core in their prime. They aren't going anywhere.
  • Window closing tier: Lakers, Clippers, Suns and Warriors are pot committed with aging rosters. Also, of those four, only the Warriors own their own first round pick in 2024 and that's only if it falls in the top 4. So even injuries won't push any of them into tank mode.
  • The time is now, maybe, tier: Grizz, Kings, Mavs, Wolves and Pelicans all have some sort of urgency to win now, too. The Pels and Grizz are close to tipping points with Zion and Ja. The Mavs went all in on fucking Kyrie and need to win to keep Doncic around. The Wolves mortgaged their future and have a budding star in Edwards on the clock. The Kings just made the playoffs for the first time in 100 years and decided to run it back and commit long term to their core. They gotta keep that beam lit.
  • Not rebuilding anymore tier: Thunder have a really young talented team hoping to take the next step plus Holmgren. The Jazz are a notch behind the Thunder, but likewise have some talent. Maybe if things head south for them, they start to punt on the season? OKC owns their pick but it's top 10 protected. The Spurs have Wemby and there's no way that Pop is going to tank again in however many more seasons he has left. That leaves the Rockets, who don't own their pick either, so they have zero incentive to tank. Plus they made a bunch of win-now moves to get vets. 
  • Likely to suck no matter what tier: Portland. They finally embraced the rebuild, but they aren't completely devoid of talent. There are some dogs on that team, too. Not dawgs, dogs. Like the kind with fleas. Portland is likely to be terrible unless Scoot is the real deal right away and they compete from day 1. I'm not seeing it, but they still have (for the time being, at least) Brogdan, Robert Williams, Grant, Ayton and Simons to go with Sharpe and Scoot.

15 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lakers looked like nothing of a championship team. Especially with their top 3 or 4 in west hype going into this season.

Shit bench, no point guard, lebron can’t play 35 MPG and brow will go down sometime

It’s game one on the road against the best team in the league on ring night while breaking in a bunch of new players. And Denver is a terrible match up for them anyway. I think they’ll be alright. 

I know they’re a man down with Beal out but that Phoenix bench is problematic. I lived though enough of the Drew Eubanks experience when he played for the Spurs to know that if you are dependent on him for anything other than garbage time dunks you are in trouble. Suns are going to have to play their stars 40 minutes a night. 

It’s game one on the road against the best team in the league on ring night while breaking in a bunch of new players. And Denver is a terrible match up for them anyway. I think they’ll be alright. 

Their new players are nothing special. Hachimura is good, the rest of their bench isn’t anything special.

It’s LeGM patch working their bench. TP shot his ass off tonight, but he’s the type that’ll go 3-9 next game.

I’d agree with you if Lebron didn’t turn 39 in a couple weeks and brow wasn’t injury prone

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I know they’re a man down with Beal out but that Phoenix bench is problematic. I lived though enough of the Drew Eubanks experience when he played for the Spurs to know that if you are dependent on him for anything other than garbage time dunks you are in trouble. Suns are going to have to play their stars 40 minutes a night. 

I just saw the best five minutes of eubanks career 

8 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Klay is treading dangerously towards washed territory.

Tonight, pre season, and playoffs last year have been mostly putrid shooting nights with some good ones sprinkled in

Steph was 4-14, Clay was 3-11.  Both Splash Bros were off equally.

10 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Well none of them played 40 minutes and they beat GS on the road. 

8 hours ago, SilasCoade said:

I just saw the best five minutes of eubanks career 

Eubanks can play. He isn't a bad backup 5 by any stretch.

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lakers looked like nothing of a championship team. Especially with their top 3 or 4 in west hype going into this season.

Shit bench, no point guard, lebron can’t play 35 MPG and brow will go down sometime

I only watched the first half and I counted 3 instances where Pop would've called a timeout to bitch at D'Angelo Russell. 2 iso's that didn't look like part of the offense at all, and a 3-pointer off a fast break without waiting for a single teammate to get back for a rebound (missed). I wouldn't want that for a starting PG, he's a black hole. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Well none of them played 40 minutes and they beat GS on the road. 

Eubanks can play. He isn't a bad backup 5 by any stretch.

Again, it's a one game sample with no Draymond or Beal. If Phoenix gets that out of Nurkic every night, it's maybe a different discussion but GS has no one inside to exploit his atrocious defense. 

There's a good reason that Eubanks only got the minimum this off season. He's an unskilled bouncy hustle guy. He'll get you some highlight dunks and blocks, but is otherwise a giant pile of meh.

33 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Again, it's a one game sample with no Draymond or Beal. If Phoenix gets that out of Nurkic every night, it's maybe a different discussion but GS has no one inside to exploit his atrocious defense. 

There's a good reason that Eubanks only got the minimum this off season. He's an unskilled bouncy hustle guy. He'll get you some highlight dunks and blocks, but is otherwise a giant pile of meh.

I don't trust Nurkic to play well every night. Or to play more than 50 games. But I do like a couple signings they made and Eubanks is one of them. He had his best season last year and is just 26 - I think he's a decent backup 5. Yuta is a really nice bench piece. Little has some upside. Allen is fine I guess. I don't love EG at this point in his career but you'd think he'll have some games where he hits 5 or 6 threes. 

If they get 180 games out of Booker, KD and Beal they should be a top 4 seed. They also have what should be a solid upgrade at HC. You're right that they need to manage minutes but I trust Vogel to do that more than Monty. The fact that Book and KD played 37 each last night and not 40+ is a good start.

I don't have really any expectations for them other than they make the playoffs but their bench should be good enough for them to contend if Beal, Booker and Durant are healthy. Some of it depends on what Beal looks like on this team. If he slashes 45/33 and doesn't play a lick of defense I'll stay medium on them. If he can be a 48/38 guy with 6 or 7 dimes they could be a tough out. 

Edited by ztejas

24 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Who in the league would want this fat fuck? Malcontent asshole who quits. Perfect addition to any team, especially the Clippers who already have one of those assholes. 

If I was a GM, I would require Harden to pay $35M to play on my team this season. I'm sure he would never do that, so it basically ensures my plan is a success. 

• Haha 1