NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

With LeBron James on the court, the Lakers' offensive rating soars to 116.7. However, when he takes a breather or is unavailable, that rating plummets to 91.2. The difference of 25.5 points per 100 possessions is nothing short of mind-boggling.

But the impact doesn't stop there. On the defensive end, LeBron also proves his worth. Opponents score at a rate of 107.0 points per 100 possessions with LeBron on the court, which is already a testament to his defensive prowess. Yet when LeBron is off the court, opponents exploit the Lakers' defense to a startling degree, posting an offensive rating of 127.8. This leads to a staggering differential of +46.2 points per 100 possessions.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

someone named Simone Fontecchio is out here looking like Klay Thompson in the 2Q of this Jazz/Pacers game.

The name seemed fun so I looked him up. Member of the Italian national team and his mother was a former hurdler on the Italian Olympic team. His mom’s partner was a member of the Italian women’s national team as well.

38 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Philly is better without Harden? No way!

Are you telling me the Sixers are better off without Harden and Doc? Why it is almost as if letting Maxey be your guy setting the table for everyone seems like a good idea. He and Nurse are going to work well together. Barring major injuries I think they win the east.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_1320.jpeg.7a6fd96136fbf91d096c99c3c81ccad9.jpeg

Good for Nurkic. I remember reading last season about Jokic not wanting to lose Nurkic as a teammate and that he felt bad about getting his starting position. I believe he even said he was willing to stay on the bench if they would keep him. Good for Nurkic in finding a nice home in Phoenix.

Edited by UpperWestside

On 11/5/2023 at 11:55 AM, UpperWestside said:

And today the Suns will be Durant and some guys. Beal is nowhere close to playing (I know SHOCKING) and noted guy that said he wants no part of being a team leader in Devin Booker has a new injury to sit out with. 

If by "nowhere close to playing" you meant Beal playing the next game, you were correct.

15 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lebron should hire someone to run his social media. He posts nothing but pure cringe.

he might be a greater d-bag than he is a player.

34 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Amazing they eject Giannis for that but Draymond has made a career of betting that the refs won't give him the second T.  Shit, he'll get in their faces and scream at them after he's already got 1.

I was at the OKC/GS game last week.  At one point, Draymond literally followed the refs around the court during a time out while screaming at them.  This went on for a few minutes.  No call.  Meanwhile, any other player just looks at a ref, they get a whistle.  Amazing.

• Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

there’s only two games tonight, and then only four games on saturday and monday. what’s up with the schedule? 

Does it have anything to do with the in-season tournament? Aren't all the games tonight part of the tournament? If so, it would make sense to not have back-to-backs as part of the tournament games. Of course, I also have no idea what I am talking about with this tournament because it's so f'n stupid.

58 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

These floors are terrible and why is Phoenix’s purple, that shade doesn’t match much I’ve seen them wear?   Also  this tournament seems really really dumb, what’s the point again?

It's like the Fed Ex Cup in golf.  Not even the players understand it but they just keep playing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The Mavericks went on a 35-4 run against the Clippers....?

Clips were ahead 30-19 with about 2 minutes left in the 1st.  Mavs led 77-51 at the half.

Real shame…I feel bad for no one on the JV team. It is almost like getting Harden instantly makes you play 4 on 5 on defense while having to cater to him on the other end or he’ll sulk eventually. 

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

The winner should get a pick at the end of the lottery. Then fans would give a shit.

They should get a top 10 guaranteed pick with the odds commensurate of a team with the 10th worst record, thus giving them a chance to be even higher than that. You do that and we will see teams and organizations go all out to get that pick. Sam Presti might sell his family for a shot at another lottery pick.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

They should get a top 10 guaranteed pick with the odds commensurate of a team with the 10th worst record, thus giving them a chance to be even higher than that. You do that and we will see teams and organizations go all out to get that pick. Sam Presti might sell his family for a shot at another lottery pick.

That's too much value for something that isn't important. Winning a real championship doesn't even give you a pick, a 2nd rounder seems fair, pick 31 is decent. 

13 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

That's too much value for something that isn't important. Winning a real championship doesn't even give you a pick, a 2nd rounder seems fair, pick 31 is decent. 

I want to see a team that possibly is playing in June have a shot to get a high pick. Being mediocre or hoarding draft picks should not be the only way to wind up with a really good pick. Nuggets win this tournament, go back-to-back and get at least a top 10 pick. Make it happen Adam Silver.

Watching Memphis suck has been incredibly satisfying. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of blowhards. I only wish that Dillon Brooks was still there to experience it. I wonder how quickly they realized in training camp that Tyrus Jones is better then Marcus Smart.

Looking on the bright side though, I guess the "are they better without Ja" arguments are on a temporary hiatus.

Watching Memphis suck has been incredibly satisfying. Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of blowhards. I only wish that Dillon Brooks was still there to experience it. I wonder how quickly they realized in training camp that Tyrus Jones is better then Marcus Smart.
Looking on the bright side though, I guess the "are they better without Ja" arguments are on a temporary hiatus.

It really warms the heart.

22 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It really warms the heart.

Outside of THOSE GUYS I really don’t actively want to see other teams fail. Age will do that to you as a fan. Whatever team employs Morant though is one I want to see go face to concrete over and over. He should not be playing at all this season.