NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

As a Mavs fan I don't like Kyrie and never will, but if it works, fine, the second it doesn't, he's gone. Reminds me of T.O. with the Cowboys. I despised him every second he played for Dallas and still do, but he played well for a few years, and then was gone, so whatever. 

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Dray Klay and Jaden mcdaniels ejected

Dray's gonna go on social media later tonight and explain how putting players in chokeholds is just how he is.

More than likely, though, is that Dray & Klay knew they had no chance tonight w/o Steph so they wanted no part of getting bitchslapped by Ant again.

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

No team wants to pay kat his super max deal, and give up 3 or 4 picks until he proves his worth in the post season

Kats playing terrific bball now that his offense has come around after a slow start

If Ant continues this trajectory of basketball deification, Karl won’t have to do shit in the postseason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Watched a big chunk or Chet v Wemby last night and the best rookie on the floor was Cason Wallace.  Dude is a player.  Not a project, either.  He could be a rotation guy on a title contender right now.  Every guy Presti drafts in the middle of the first round is a player.  The "redraft" at the end of the season might look interesting.  

Draymond has been absolutely eviscerated by Rudy Gilbert, of all people. The quote about him getting ejected in games where Steph doesn’t play is on point, and the quote about Steve Kerr defending his player knowing deep down he’s a clown is enough for Rudy to be on my all-time Kermit team. Congrats @MNLonghornFUKM, the trade was worth it all along. Fucking Draymond Green has made Rudy Gobert palatable.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Green won’t show any contrition but he’s begging teams to start baiting him with scrubs while their stars clown his ass. And I hope it happens.  I would like to see someone clock him in a Kareem/Kent Benson kinda way.  No need for the full Kermit Washington, but something more than the slap fights of the last 20 years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I want to see Harden and Kawhi square off under their own basket while the other team is on a break and then have Russ and PG just rush down to join in the brawl. I’m there for it.

So you want the basketball version of this? I’m in! They can even let Clipper Darrell play Randy Quaid’s part and rush in from the stands. Maybe have Jim Ross give the lead in to the whole thing.

Draymond has been absolutely eviscerated by Rudy Gilbert, of all people. The quote about him getting ejected in games where Steph doesn’t play is on point, and the quote about Steve Kerr defending his player knowing deep down he’s a clown is enough for Rudy to be on my all-time Kermit team. Congrats [mention=37]MNLonghornFUKM[/mention], the trade was worth it all along. Fucking Draymond Green has made Rudy Gobert palatable.

giphy.gif

Welcome to the wolves pack, fam. Pull up a chair. Enjoy the winning streak being extended to 8 tonight.

Mark Jackson Banned From Knicks Plane, Loses TV Broadcast Gig

Mark Jackson was prepared to make his return to broadcasting this season, but the New York Knicks quickly changed those plans Wednesday.

The retired NBA guard and former ESPN broadcaster was hired as a color commentator at MSG Network, which planned for him to fill in for Clyde Frazier. However, Knicks management led by team president Leon Rose ended the arrangement due to a past “quarrel” between Jackson and assistant coach Darren Erman, according to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post.

Erman was an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics from 2007-10 before he joined Jackson’s staff on the Golden State Warriors. The former head coach fired Erman for taping conversations before he himself was fired, according to ESPN in 2014. Erman returned to the Celtics from 2014-15 and was head coach of the team’s G League affiliate the Maine Red Claws from 2019-20.

Jackson threw a shot at Erman in 2016 on an ESPN broadcast, and it appears the two haven’t found common ground, which cost Jackson a broadcasting gig following his layoff from ESPN last summer.

The MSG Network gig would have reunited Jackson with Mike Breen, but “Rose was the final decision maker behind not allowing Jackson on the team plane, hotel, or team bus,” sources told Marchand.

TV broadcasters are permitted to travel and room with the team, but there is generally little interaction beyond that. Jackson wasn’t going to make extra money from his new gig because he’s still owed money by ESPN, which had to approve of the deal.

MSG Network planned to reunite Jackson, Breen and Jeff Van Gundy before the latter became a senior consultant for the Celtics, per Marchand.

1 hour ago, Kermit said:

Draymond has been absolutely eviscerated by Rudy Gilbert, of all people. The quote about him getting ejected in games where Steph doesn’t play is on point, and the quote about Steve Kerr defending his player knowing deep down he’s a clown is enough for Rudy to be on my all-time Kermit team. Congrats @MNLonghornFUKM, the trade was worth it all along. Fucking Draymond Green has made Rudy Gobert palatable.

I think everyone--including habitual Draymond defenders like myself--knew this is how it would eventually go. He'd lose a step, no longer be one of the best defensive players in league history, the team wouldn't be as good as a result, and Dray would no longer be able to back up his mouth or even point to a scoreboard. In his mind, the answer to diminishing skills was always going to be to get even louder and more violent.

Circling back to yesterday's topic, imagine how disliked Jordan Poole is for people to kinda take Draymond's side after getting punched in the face.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Welcome to the wolves pack, fam. Pull up a chair. Enjoy the winning streak being extended to 8 tonight.

Progress is not always linear - sometimes you need to take a step back to take 2 steps forward I think the Wolves are a prime example.

They took a step back last year from the 21-22 season as they were integrating Gobert and other parts.

But so far (yes it's early), the vibes for Minnesota for 23-24 are immaculate and the Gobert trade won't look as bad as looked a year ago as all those Wolves picks that Utah received will be mid- to late first round.

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I think everyone--including habitual Draymond defenders like myself--knew this is how it would eventually go. He'd lose a step, no longer be one of the best defensive players in league history, the team wouldn't be as good as a result, and Dray would no longer be able to back up his mouth or even point to a scoreboard. In his mind, the answer to diminishing skills was always going to be to get even louder and more violent.

Circling back to yesterday's topic, imagine how disliked Jordan Poole is for people to kinda take Draymond's side after getting punched in the face.

YEP!!!   Even further Gil Arenas did segment on him and made some very valid points about Poole.   You know how wild you have to be for Gilbert Arenas to say "this dude is tripping!"?