NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Who gets James Harden next year. 

Let the tanking begin

Just now, gsoda3 said:

Kendrick Perkins and these two ladies are terrible

I honestly have no idea why Kendrick Perkins continues to receive a paycheck to talk about basketball. He's turrrrible. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the players on the winning team get $500k/apiece. other than that i dont know.

It’s a game that doesn’t count towards your regular season record…so basically if you don’t make $41,000,000 a year, you get a chance to experience what it’s like to cash a game check of one making $41m/yr.

Pretty cool, huh

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’s a game that doesn’t count towards your regular season record…so basically if you don’t make $41,000,000 a year, you get a chance to experience what it’s like to cash a game check of one making $41m/yr.

Pretty cool, huh

I thought every game except the champ game of the in-season tournament counts towards your record?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

This GS/OKC game is pretty entertaining, mofos are scoring at will. OKC replicating Boise St with their court is shit. 

Was at that game.  Before tip they came across the jumbo tron and explained how the tournament worked.  I could watch it another 10 times and not understand it.

SGA didn’t play so it was interesting to see their offensive flow without him and they were still pretty good.  His usage needs to come down.

Cason Wallace is a player.

Chet hasn’t realized it yet but he can score on anyone.  They had Draymond on him.  He’s got 8 inches.  Just shoot over him.  Chet hasn’t played in over a year and that was in college, which is largely college.  It’ll click for him later this year.

4th quarter was fucking brutal.  Took an hour.  Refs called everything each trip down and then reviewed a lot of those.  A game shouldn’t take three hours.

56 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Chet hasn’t realized it yet but he can score on anyone.  They had Draymond on him.  He’s got 8 inches.  Just shoot over him.  Chet hasn’t played in over a year and that was in college, which is largely college.  It’ll click for him later this year.

4th quarter was fucking brutal.  Took an hour.  Refs called everything each trip down and then reviewed a lot of those.  A game shouldn’t take three hours.

the-house-will-ferrell.gif.a515626120f90fb1d33b84a92160d7f5.gif

Edited by Dutchrudder
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Pretty cool, huh

I was just talking with a friend back in Texas about this and I think that the payout should be far higher and that the guys on the lower end of the salary scale should receive a higher check. I would start them out at 2 million for the lowest paid guy and work it up to 750k for the guy making the most. I would also tie their winnings to whether they actually played or not. The NBA is going through a period of unprecedented worldwide growth and this is something they can afford to do. 

8 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Chet hasn’t realized it yet but he can score on anyone.  They had Draymond on him.  He’s got 8 inches.  Just shoot over him.

Shit, that could have applied to the entire OKC team down the stretch. I'm not usually a "I miss the good ol' days of hand-checking and post play" kind of guy, but it does say something about the modern NBA that a crunch time lineup of CP3, Steph, GPII (all 6'3" or under), Klay, and Draymond can hold their own defensively and on the glass.

On a related note, Andrew Wiggins is only getting 26 minutes a game, looks lackadaisical, and can't hit the broadside of a barn from outside. Can't imagine getting benched to closeout games is going to help his confidence.

I thought every game except the champ game of the in-season tournament counts towards your record?

They do. Somehow knockout games count as regular season games but how do they know who the knockout teams will be. The only game that doesn’t count is the championship

https://www.nba.com/news/in-season-tournament-101

Unless I’m misreading something….this is the biggest clustefuck ever, my head hurts

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

And be back to where they were 2-3 years ago.

That’s kinda their MO. One of these guys will become an established star and either be traded or will walk. This is like the A’s of 20 years ago with more talent, but the same general setup. Get good, claim poverty (In this case punitive taxes), trade guys and start anew with high picks. For Presti it means job security. When you can offer people hope continually that can be enough to retain your position of cashing a seven figure check each year. Not too bad of a job if you can get it and hold onto it for a couple of decades or three.

• Like 1

And today the Suns will be Durant and some guys. Beal is nowhere close to playing (I know SHOCKING) and noted guy that said he wants no part of being a team leader in Devin Booker has a new injury to sit out with. What a time to be alive for Suns fans. Having Durant shoulder the load while one guy cashes checks to again do nothing and another that will never be a first or second option on a title team. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think their plan is just play Durant until the wheels fall off. With Isiah Thomas advising the owner behind the scenes what could go wrong? He carried a collection of guys to a win today though with 41. It was against some guys wearing Detroit jerseys. A real collection of memorable guys there in The Motor City. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Still baffling how Williams got 13 million plus for four years knowing that he has zero ability to score consistently. You kinda need to be able to do that in a league where everyone can score. Having him on the court makes it an auto 5 on 4. I will be shocked if he is in the NBA once he hits 30 years old. 

Still baffling how Williams got 13 million plus for four years knowing that he has zero ability to score consistently. You kinda need to be able to do that in a league where everyone can score. Having him on the court makes it an auto 5 on 4. I will be shocked if he is in the NBA once he hits 30 years old. 

I will be shocked if he is the NBA once he hits (checks current age).
  • Haha 1

Looks like AD is perhaps injured. He came back in the game, but his presence back on the court allowed Miami to go on a run because he is moving as gracefully as Udonis Haslem out there right now. I was hoping to get 10 games out of him before he hit the shelf and went back to modeling designer fashions on the bench during games, but it appears not to be.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:22 PM, ztejas said:

Who gets James Harden next year. 

Still even though they've got two to four cancers on the team, how are the clippers going to be not great? They got a good coach too right? That's a lot of ballers on one team. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

I know the Spurs are putrid defensively, but he was cooking at an insane degree. Special player. I really like Indiana’s offense, but it’s hard to tell whether they were transcendent strictly because they were playing Victor and the Ne’er-do-wells.