NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

I don’t know if I’d go that far. You’ve got one of the greatest passers of all-time catching the defense off guard by throwing it to a wide-open, prolific leaper and dunker. It’s a badass play, though.
The pinpoint accuracy of the pass was unreal. One handed, 3/4 court and he put it right on the money. Even for him, that one was amazing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

He does that shit all the time though. He’s a goddamn basketball savant. It’s like looking through Larry and Magic highlights and seeing the most ridiculous shit only to have 30 more minutes of ridiculous shit in the video that if anyone else did them on the court, would be play number one in their top ten. The spectacular is routine for players like him. I’m sure it’s one of the great plays if you boiled it down, but for Jokic it’s a Monday night where for three hours he’s not participating in horse racing. He’s fucking amazing. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

Presti gets in on everything where he can use no lube. Just upgraded a 1st with no cost at all.

I didn't realize the 2026 pick had protections.  It's evidently the worst of the picks between Denver, LAC, and OKC.  That part has never been listed on their list of draft picks because they're guaranteed to get it, I guess.  Then again, it's not like I'm spending time researching this.

The 2027 pick is basically the Clipper pick unprotected via a swap.  They're betting the longer you kick that pick down the road, the worse the Clippers will be, which is a fair assumption.  That could be a tasty pick, and to your point, Presti somehow inserted himself into this and got something without giving up anything.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

His daughter is a fucking beast for the Wisconsin volleyball team at 6'9

Thank you for sharing that! I had no idea what happened to him after his career was over. I just read he met his wife in Greece when he was playing ball there. That’s really awesome that both his children, his daughter especially, became very good athletes. I can’t imagine staring down a 6’9” player in volleyball. He apparently is really involved and supportive as a parent. What a great story to read about today.

19 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Jazz putting on a really nice comeback performance in the final two minutes of this game. Lauri Markannen leading the way like a star player should.

can someone remind me- what did the jazz give up to give Markannen?

Some scrub named Donovan Mitchell

• Haha 1

Harden is so incredibly and utterly delusional. Everything he says puts the blame on someone else for the failures of past teams. I thought that Embiid took the high road in his comments about Harden. It’s not a matter of if the JV team in LA falls short, it’s a matter of how it happens and what embarrassing thing or things they do to help their season end in as painful a way as possible. I feel like Harden will have a leading role in making it happen and he’ll then proceed to throw everyone else under the bus while demanding 45 million plus per season for his unique “System”.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

This Wemby kid seems pretty decent

The thing I hope for him, as well as Holmgren and other guys of that height, is that modern medicine finds a way to keep them on the court. I don’t believe the human body at that size is meant to be stressed as hard physically as it is, but science and medicine hopefully keep these guys fully healthy because they can revolutionize how basketball is played.

Maybe in my much younger days I’d not care, but the NBA is a good form of entertainment and you want to see the best players in the world on the court and not in a training room or in street clothes regularly.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Probably happened against rookie Christian Laettner

So first one was against Manute Bol (RIP) and the Sixers. The second came against the 3-32 Mavs led by Derek Harper and the immortal Sean Rooks (RIP). The 46 came against Detroit and Dumars had 39 in the game. Isiah Thomas does not get a RIP yet as he is still around plying his roster destroying ways in Phoenix at the moment with his new best friend owner.

So first one was against Manute Bol (RIP) and the Sixers. The second came against the 3-32 Mavs led by Derek Harper and the immortal Sean Rooks (RIP). The 46 came against Detroit and Dumars had 39 in the game. Isiah Thomas does not get a RIP yet as he is still around plying his roster destroying ways in Phoenix at the moment with his new best friend owner.

In the manute bol game, Nick Anderson took 31 shots. You would think the coach would be like, “look dumbass, just throw it to Shaq”

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Milwaukee's court looks awful.

Also humorous to hear the announcers wondering out loud why the Bucks' defense is, so far, so much worse than seasons past. Gee, that's a tough one.

All of those courts make it look like the home team isnt at home.    The Indy one is a complete abomination.

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

These play in courts for every team had to be the biggest waste of money I’ve ever seen

Yep, I dont wanna hear about owners crying broke cause they are just setting money on fire with most this shit.