2) Trash play by Paul George just cost us Gafford

3) Clippers playing best ball of the season in this half

4) Dallas playing worst game on offense since January 

5) Kidd can’t coach playoff basketball 

I’m not worried about 1,3 and 4.
2 and 5 are potentially fatal

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

Just now, SameSame said:

This game is over.  Go enjoy your afternoon gentlemen.

rest Luka and Irving and be done with it.   this doesn't shock me.  sure if Luka and Irving are lights out we win but the rest of the team is pretty weak mentally.

consider this:

we have 6 days off to gameplan for the clippers who don't have their best offensive and defensive player.  what gameplan do we roll out?  the "let's see if luka's hot from 3" gameplan. the result?  22 points in the first quarter.  EIGHT points in the second quarter.  not from one person.  from the entire team.  jason kidd doesn't think it's his fault though. 

I've seen enough to feel optimistic about the rest of the series. I still think Mavs in 6. 
But they were missing their best player and still dominated from start to finish. Unless he's supposed to miss the entire series, this wasn't good.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:
33 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:
I've seen enough to feel optimistic about the rest of the series. I still think Mavs in 6. 

But they were missing their best player and still dominated from start to finish. Unless he's supposed to miss the entire series, this wasn't good.

There are only so many possessions and multiple Clippers played out of their minds in the first half while Dallas was effectively missing their best player for over half the game and played historically bad offense for a full quarter.  I like our chances if Gafford stays healthy and Luka returns to form. 

The good thing is that whether you lose by 1 or 20 it's only one game.  But can't believe this team showed up to game 1 with a Tuesday night regular season against Charlotte mindset.  That is primarily on Kidd for not having them mentally ready to play.  Did they even have a hard practice during this layoff?  In the first half they looked exactly like a team that had done nothing but play a couple of meaningless games and take shootaround for 10+ days.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:00 AM, Skipper said:

The good thing is that whether you lose by 1 or 20 it's only one game.  But can't believe this team showed up to game 1 with a Tuesday night regular season against Charlotte mindset.  That is primarily on Kidd for not having them mentally ready to play.  Did they even have a hard practice during this layoff?  In the first half they looked exactly like a team that had done nothing but play a couple of meaningless games and take shootaround for 10+ days.

I'm reminded of the guy in the Astros thread who would always post that after every game because they sucked:

still-only-counts-as-one-hobbit.gif

4 hours ago, BeardIP said:

I'm reminded of the guy in the Astros thread who would always post that after every game because they sucked:

still-only-counts-as-one-hobbit.gif

If you lose 4 games of a 7 game series by only 1 each, you have lost the series but you are still winning if you won the other games by more than 5 total.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Man fuck Zubac. No matter what happens, Tyson Chandler needs to sit Daniel Gafford down for a conversation about how to handle a guy like that. 

I don’t think so. Gafford is a man and is gonna show it tonight. 

Bench is pretty damn good. We had one shitty game in like the last 20. I think we’ll be fine. 

I fucking hate the Clippers. From their dipshit olde English logo, to bit player Westbrook yelling at refs, to weirdo Kawhi, to that fat nerd fuck Ballmer, they’ve surpassed Suns for me as least likable team. 

• Hook 'Em 1