Michigan -4.5 @ Penn State FOX Big Noon

heso

6 hours ago, GTJ1982 said:

Not that they had a chance but why go for 2 and end all hope if you fail instead of taking the extra point and only be down by 8 in a one possession game?  

The coach is a retard as evidenced by the fact that he went for it in the first half and got them in that position in the first place. You 1000% should go for 2 at the end when you would have all the momentum. Going for it on the first TD is something a preschooler would think up. 

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Because it's not a one possession game if you miss the 2 point conversion at the end of the game. It's a 2 possession game you just don't know it yet and then you don't have enough time to even try to do anything about it. ClubWhatever's sarcastic response shows the logical failure of his preferred strategy. He assumes you are right that it's a one possession game when it's an 8 point margin and scoffs at the fact you don't know how many possessions you need until you attempt the 2 point conversion.

As most of the people who are wrong about this do, you are comparing missing the 2 point conversion after the first TD with making it after the second. Obviously it's better to successfully convert it. Now compare being successful after the first TD with missing it after the second.

I disagree with your premise. I would contend that your conversion rate would be higher for the 2 pt conversion on the second TD due to the momentum you possess and the dejection that the opposing defense would be feeling. Analytics would say the conversion rate is the same for either TDs. And that my friend is why analytics should be a guide and not dogma. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I disagree with your premise. I would contend that your conversion rate would be higher for the 2 pt conversion on the second TD due to the momentum you possess and the dejection that the opposing defense would be feeling. Analytics would say the conversion rate is the same for either TDs. And that my friend is why analytics should be a guide and not dogma. 

This has nothing to do with analytics. It's pure logic. I have used zero numbers in a very straightforward argument. 

You're the one who's contending that analytics would support you (conversion rate increase). Except you just pull that out of your butt with no evidence and then claim you're anti-analytics. It's just a buzzword bogeyman for troglodytes at this point. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

This has nothing to do with analytics. It's pure logic. I have used zero numbers in a very straightforward argument. 

You're the one who's contending that analytics would support you (conversion rate increase). Except you just pull that out of your butt with no evidence and then claim you're anti-analytics. It's just a buzzword bogeyman for troglodytes at this point. 

If we are gonna go the ad hominem route... Then you are the fucking dipshit troglodyte for thinking that going for two on the first TD is the correct move. It is 1000% the wrong move, especially when there is less than 2 minutes remaining and there is 0 chance you're scoring 3 times in 2 minutes. GFY

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Some bullshit about knowing how many possessions you need.  

yep, go for the XP and you know you have to go for 2 next time if you score again.  Go for the 2 pt and miss it, you know you have to get the ball 3 times in under two minutes.  Makes total sense to the analytics dorks.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Calm down it’s a big boy league. He went from OC/o-line coach to head coach winning against a top 10 team. He was emotional. 

If it was a big boy league then the second best team would not be able to beat the third best team without throwing a single pass in a half. As for emotional, fake as shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Thank fucking god. The offensive game plan has been hot garbage all season. Guy has a QB whose biggest asset is his deep ball and I can think of exactly 2 throws over the course of 10 games that went more than 15-20 yards. 

8 hours ago, heso said:

Thank fucking god. The offensive game plan has been hot garbage all season. Guy has a QB whose biggest asset is his deep ball and I can think of exactly 2 throws over the course of 10 games that went more than 15-20 yards. 

franklin doesn't like the deep ball. This is one of my favorite coach replies of all time. 

Edited by Juicy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Juicy said:

franklin doesn't like the deep ball. This is one of my favorite coach replies of all time. 

There’s a difference between intelligently stretching the field vs just throwing it up blindly and hoping for the best. Under every OC Franklin had before Yurcich a significant part of the playbook involved stretching the field vertically, because of course it did. 

The passing attack has made absolutely no sense all season. The blame deserves to be spread around. This is the weakest WR group PSU has had in almost 2 decades. Most of that is on Franklin since he builds the team.Some of that is on Cephas, who was expect to be the WR1 or 2, not knowing the playbook for most of the season. Aller has been pretty bad at times in throwing accurately, a mix of inaccuracy and wrong wr routes. It’s just a whole load of shit from Franklin on down to the individual players. 

But when Klatt is regularly calling out the play calling as “pedestrian” and “unimaginative” over multiple games, gotta get rid of Yurcich. 

Franklin has had 5 OCs in 10 years at PSU, 2 have been hired away to be HCs but this is the 3rd he’s fired. If he misses on this one it will be his 3rd miss in a row. 

On 11/12/2023 at 12:32 AM, Bogeywon said:

Calm down it’s a big boy league. He went from OC/o-line coach to head coach winning against a top 10 team. He was emotional. 

Welcome to Surly - you must be new here, as you expect rational, literate, non-emotional posts/posters. You will get the hang of it after you hang around for  awhile.
🤣🤣🤣