Carnoustie - 2018 Open Championship

Wally Fairway

Once again Tiger gets a break from a spectator. Happens all the time.

If you’ve never followed Tiger live, it’s hard to appreciate just how dense the crowds around him are. It’s not an exaggeration to say it’s often 10x more than any other group, PLUS there is usually a huge group of fans staking out the 1-2 holes in front of him.

Just now, hornbri said:

I thought you could not hit a wedge on a green?

its discouraged unless you really have to but not illegal.  in the old days you could leave your ball in front of another player and they could play over it.

If you’ve never followed Tiger live, it’s hard to appreciate just how dense the crowds around him are. It’s not an exaggeration to say it’s often 10x more than any other group, PLUS there is usually a huge group of fans staking out the 1-2 holes in front of him.

Yep. They act like bumper pads at the bowling alley.

Just now, Lurch said:

At the masters this year, Tuesday practice round, sitting on the hill behind 16 looking up the 15th fairway. Group of tiger, Phil, and Freddie working through amen corner. With that group on 12, the 15th starts to fill in with patrons. As tiger eagles 13, the 15th is fully lined, 3 deep. With them on the 14th, the 15th swells to 5-6 deep. As they play down the 15th, the fairway was fully lined, 10+ deep the entire way. 

For a Tuesday practice round. 

9 minutes ago, Lurch said:

I saw him at the Phoenix open a few years ago. He fired one over my head and ended up in the gravel shit. Not exaggerating when I say there were at least 3 people still moving and crunching rocks while he hit. 

Unreal the concentration he has.