tOSU @ Michigan

Napoleon

2 hours ago, slorch said:

I’ll take the benefit of the 12 team playoff for college football over this little matchup any day.  They play this game regardless.  We as fans get fucked out of great games every season because they limit the playoffs.

Bring it the fuck on.

He’s not saying the game is going away. Michigan and Ohio State will still end the regular season by playing each other no matter how college football re-organizes. That’s pretty much a given. He simply said the stakes riding on today’s outcome might not be duplicatable under the expanded playoff situation. However, it would be possible that they meet in an actual national championship game, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

wasn't that long ago that Michigan couldn't beat Ohio State. He is not a Saban or Kirby, but does seem like with enough time, the ball will bounce his way and they will win one. Would take some crazy thinking to "get rid of" that guy.
Also, not that long ago, Michigan lost to little brother in the worst possibe way. I'm sure there were plenty of fans ready to run him off.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He’s not saying the game is going away. Michigan and Ohio State will still end the regular season by playing each other no matter how college football re-organizes. That’s pretty much a given. He simply said the stakes riding on today’s outcome might not be duplicatable under the expanded playoff situation. However, it would be possible that they meet in an actual national championship game, I guess.

And I’m saying the stakes if a 12 team playoff are higher/ greater for all college football fans. Fuck this single game if it means having real playoffs. 

12 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sucks to hear that Michigan lineman broke hsi tibia and fibula. That's absolutely brutal. 

Any learned doctors know what the recovery is like and if he can come back from breaking both?

He was our biggest team leader and best offensive lineman. Hurts and I feel so bad for him

• Like 1

Just now, Parliament said:

Bucknuts Premium board is starting a great fund me to get Ewers back.

(That's a joke.)

Honest question: as a buckeye fan, would you not have preferred the sign stealing thing to break after the season? That would’ve almost entirely invalidated everything Michigan accomplished this year. Now I don’t know how you really invalidate what happened yesterday when there was over a month’s notice to change signs, and Mich was without their HC and LB coach and their sign stealer. Same for their Penn state win I guess

22 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Sucks to hear that Michigan lineman broke hsi tibia and fibula. That's absolutely brutal. 

Any learned doctors know what the recovery is like and if he can come back from breaking both?

I had the same injury compound tib/fib break in high school football. It took them about 40 mintues to get me off the field trying to get me into a position where it didnt look like i had two knees.  Granted it was 20 years ago and I had to go to 2 different hospitals before I ended up a UofM where they were able to do anything about it. The first two said they just didn't have the capabilities to treat that severe of an injury. 

I was in traction for around 20 days and then a wheel chair for 3 more weeks. Before a solid 6 months on crutches, the rod and screws made it all stable but it was a solid year before I could do any sort of impact running. I got the screws out about 4 years after as they were giving me some trouble. So it fucking sucks, and suck for Zinter.

Assuming he got WAY better and quicker care than I did, and the advances of medicine since it happened to me, I would say he is probably going to redshirt his first year in the NFL. With the hardware leg should be able to hold up after that. He is a much better athlete than I and is going to have unlimited resources for rehab so maybe he is back on his feet in time for the season next year. But he is going through some shit for sure. 

Someone is going to get a hell of a player late in the draft due to his slide. 

Also Go fucking Blue. I thought Michigan was going to beat the breaks off Ohio State again. I did not feel good about giving them the ball back when a touchdown would lose it. Hell of a game. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1