Texas vs Texas State- 8pm on LHN

shadow_operative

RT is trying to get Chris Johnson some minutes but that has to stop. He's not ready. 

4 minutes vs Texas State (-10)

5 minutes vs Wyoming (-1)

3:30 minutes vs UCONN (-2)

He's coming in for short stretches and it's obvious that RT recognizes he's killing the team. I don't mind him getting 4 to 5 minutes against these G5 teams but he can't play moving forward. 

48 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

He can get his shot off clean against these low level teams. They're the same teams he was torching at ORU. We need to see if he can consistently do it against power 5 level teams who are scouting and prepared for him. 

You mean when the lights come on?

Until Disu gets into the rotation with his usual minutes, its hard for me to get too worked at this point. We have enough talent on this team to compete with anyone,  but we also do a lot of stupid shit. Stupid shit can get fixed. Its early, but this team (in particular guys like Shedrick and Horton) has actually exceeded my expectations. If DIsu is fully healthy in the back half of the  season, I think we're gonna be a handful. They play hard.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

He can get his shot off clean against these low level teams. They're the same teams he was torching at ORU. We need to see if he can consistently do it against power 5 level teams who are scouting and prepared for him. 

The reason Abmas has gone off in the last 2 games is because they're finally running more action with him instead of ISO ball. He's not a 1 v 1 player. He's best utilized in PnR.

Last night was the most PnR we've run all season with Shedrick and Shedrick isn't even good in that action. But it opens up Abmas and will get much better with Disu. 

• Like 2

Our half court offense actually looked a lot different last night. 

Most of the PnR we've been running has been with Brock as the screener. Last night they had him playing off-ball with Shedrick as the screener. I think that's partly why Brock struggled because it was a completely different role. 

I think this is a sign Disu is about to return because they're transitioning to Brock playing more off-ball with our big in that action. When Disu does return, Shedrick just needs to stay on the low block. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1