Texas vs Texas State- 8pm on LHN

shadow_operative

2 minutes ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

No discipline whatsoever. None.

Big 12 play is going to be a bloodbath.

I'm not ready to go that far.  I think after getting up 21 they just expected a cake walk the rest of the way and stopped playing good ball.  Not ideal but fixable. 

• Like 1

Just now, BigTEAMLittleme said:

I’m too old for this. Give me last year‘s elite defense in every game and I’ll take my chances.

We weren't an elite defense last year, and we will not be an elite defense this year. You can't be an elite defense when you start two 6' guards. This team needs to score in the 80s consistently because the offense can be lethal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ain’t no way Texas State been making some of these fadeaway jumpers all season  

I don't mind the defense right now.

Texas State hitting jumpers and we're getting fast break points when they aren't hitting tough shots. We need to run more zone to just keep the ball in front. 

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

We weren't an elite defense last year, and we will not be an elite defense this year. You can't be an elite defense when you start two 6' guards. This team needs to score in the 80s consistently because the offense can be lethal.

We absolutely were in the top 10 in defense before Beard left. When Terry took over, we fell to around 100. We also aren’t scoring in the 80s on offense when our guards are Abmas, Hunter, Horton, and Weaver. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Lol wut? 

Yeah, we were Top 15 in both offense and defense last year (one of only 3 teams along with Connecticut and Houston). We were borderline elite, and maybe things get better when Disu gets back and we have some help side rim protection to go with Shedrick.

Edited by HtownHorn

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I think a 9-9 conference season and a first round exit is gonna be about it for this team, Disu or no Disu. 

I'll take that bet. The Big 12 is really good at the top again but I don't think it's great at the bottom. 

K-State, Texas Tech, UCF, Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and Iowa State all look like they have some major issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s impossible and silly to try to predict the future for this team right now. More often than not March comes down to guard play, interior defense and how favorable of a draw you get style wise. We are missing a player who is pretty damn important of the middle part of that equation.