Stock Market 2024: Call Your Shot

Time to pull your predictions out of thin air because no one knows anything. What's your prediction for the S&P 500 at the end of 2024? What stock is your prediction for a big winner?

I'll say the S&P ends nearly flat. Gimme 4,648 when it's all said and done.

Charles Schwab (SCHW) got hammered with rising rates. As things ease, I say it's a big winner.

29 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Time to pull your predictions out of thin air because no one knows anything. What's your prediction for the S&P 500 at the end of 2024? What stock is your prediction for a big winner?

I'll say the S&P ends nearly flat. Gimme 4,648 when it's all said and done.

Charles Schwab (SCHW) got hammered with rising rates. As things ease, I say it's a big winner.

Where do I send my $9.95?

35 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

S&P 500 3700 by the end of 2024.*

for validation purposes, please link to your Dec 2022 post that gives your end of 2023 prediction - thanks in advance

(disclaimer - if/when the Fed raises again, and breaks the mindset, backs and wallets of those expecting a rate reduction then we could see some capitulation or in the ever irrational market it could stabilize or rise. )

• Haha 1

So @Nice Guy Eddie is John Stoltzfus, or is Oppenheimer just stealing Surly content?
sorry for doxing you John, errrr I mean Eddie

Betting grows that S&P 500 will hit record high, with Oppenheimer joining Wall Street's bullish calls for 2024 | Morningstar

Oppenheimer's John Stoltzfus sees S&P 500 rising to 5,200 by end of 2024

The S&P 500 index is set to rally to 5,200 by the end of 2024, implying a nearly 13% gain from its current level, according to strategists at Oppenheimer Asset Management, who join a rush of Wall Street analysts expecting all-time highs for U.S. stocks next year.

"We look for 2024 to be a year of transition as markets navigate what we expect will be the Fed's pivot from a restrictive monetary policy setting to an easier stance," said strategists led by John Stoltzfus, chief investment strategist and managing director at Oppenheimer.

48 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

So @Nice Guy Eddie is John Stoltzfus, or is Oppenheimer just stealing Surly content?
sorry for doxing you John, errrr I mean Eddie

Betting grows that S&P 500 will hit record high, with Oppenheimer joining Wall Street's bullish calls for 2024 | Morningstar

Nice Guy Stoltzfus isn’t as smooth of a handle.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

What do all the crypto bros say?  Those are the only experts I listen to.

I think if they aren't investing in bored apes or shitcoins, they are feeling pretty good.

image.thumb.png.4fa8abd55ed02efe7520d21d079df0c9.png