Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Correct. IMHO, she is the best in the country.

Yea she’s insanely good, 

would love for Mike to do some tampering and get her in the portal lol

Edited by D3zii

14 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Other than rivalry purposes, does the game tomorrow mean much? It will basically be a home game for them and I’m sure OU wants to even the score. I’m just having a hard time getting fired up about it. 

Not really. Bragging rights? Winning against an elite pitcher (Maxwell)? Taking 3 out of 4 from the 3 time champs?

3 minutes ago, chiu1040 said:

Maybe playing the 7 vs 8 seed at the CWS.

I don’t think a loss today moves Texas off the #1 overall seed. #1 RPI, #1 KPI, #8 SOS, 6 top 10 wins (OKST fell just out of the top 10 in RPI), 16 top 25 wins, Big 12 regular season champs, and depending on how the conference championship games go, would have 2 road wins over PAC 12 champ UCLA (if they win), 2 wins over either Sun Belt champ TXST/ULL, road win over ACC champ FSU (if they win) and, if OU won, 2 wins over the Big 12 champ. 

By this time, the committee likely has their top 8 seeds decided (or the majority of them) and a conference champ game isn’t really going to move the needle at the very top. If OU wins, I think Texas winning the regular season series, more top 10 wins and stronger SOS keeps us #1 over them

OU winning maybe moves them to #2 instead of #3 with Tenn losing in the tournament quarterfinals 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If Citlaly can keep them at bay thru 4, I like our chances. I believe our offense is capable of scoring in more ways than OU, and trust the Horns to be able to manufacture runs against Maxwell.

We are also on a roll. We haven’t lost a game since that Friday night OU game. OU has lost 5 times since then (2 to Texas, 1 to BYU, 2 to OKST)

OU managed 6 hits and 1 run off Citlaly. A first inning run and kept them off the board for 6 straight innings. Struck out 2 but didn’t walk anyone. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

I don't care if there's anything material at stake or not. In any sport at any time, I want to humiliate OU in front of everyone. Run-ruling Boone and Brito would be the chef's kiss.

Then do it again on the very biggest stage. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

I don't care if there's anything material at stake or not. In any sport at any time, I want to humiliate OU in front of everyone. Run-ruling Boone and Brito would be the chef's kiss.

That too. This team would like to make another statement that they are the biggest contender for the winning it all. 

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Maxwell, Canady, Kilfoyl, Pickens, Berzon. Really the ones we want to avoid 

Wright scares me too, and Curd is pretty damn good too. Although I'm not sure Duke has the offense to hang with Texas. Canady scares me the most though, she's simply head and shoulders above everyone else. Almost as good as Cat. A couple of walks and errors against Stanford and it's all over.

Sunbelt Champ - 1pm ESPN+ Texas State/Louisiana

ACC Champ - 1:30 ESPN2, FSU/Duke

SEC Champ - 4pm ESPN2, Mizzou/Florida

Big 12 Champ - 6:30pm ESPN2, Oklahoma/Texas

PAC12 Champ - 9pm, ESPN2, Utah/UCLA

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Don’t leave Coleman off you list of people to hate.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Wright scares me too, and Curd is pretty damn good too. Although I'm not sure Duke has the offense to hang with Texas. Canady scares me the most though, she's simply head and shoulders above everyone else. Almost as good as Cat. A couple of walks and errors against Stanford and it's all over.

I’m sure Wright and Curd are good but Duke’s schedule has been dogshit. Don’t forget Texas strolled into Tallahassee and run-ruled the second place ACC team with ease. The ACC is only a 3 or 4 bid league 

I forgot to add Mullins to my list. When she’s on, she can shut us down. 

Texas State wins the Sun Belt tournament, 9-5

They could sneak into hosting, but unlikely. They should be sent to aggy though, as they are one of the top 2 seeds who didn’t get to host and should be sent to one of the lowest 1 seeds (aggy)

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I think aggy, Baylor, and Texas State will be in the same regional in college Station

Could be. Baylor could also be sent to Louisiana (just under 400 miles) or possibly Fayetteville or Baton Rouge (both just a little over 400 miles).

Baylor and TXST both have super high RPIs that I don’t think they’ll be in the same spot. 

Edited by Js1

I also think Miami (OH) is going to Knoxville. That would scare me as a Tenn fan, because they can hit it and Tenn’s offense disappears a lot 

Posted (edited)

Duke comes back to beat FSU in the ACC champ game. Probably secured them a top 8 seed, but they have a terrible resume for top 8

Gata up 3-0 on Mizzou

Texas

OU

Tenn

Duke

Florida

UCLA (if they win)

Missouri, OKST or Stanford for the last two spots 

Edited by Js1

19 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

Other than rivalry purposes, does the game tomorrow mean much? It will basically be a home game for them and I’m sure OU wants to even the score. I’m just having a hard time getting fired up about it. 

Fuck all that shit, stick a fork in them and let em know this shit is over!!! New top Dogs 

• Hook 'Em 1