Gil Brandt names #19 greatest kicker OAT

Hagbard Celine

I wonder if there is video on the interwebs of Justin Tucker hitting a pressure field goal.  There is? Maybe that would be worth watching again...

P.S. Fuck off, aggy.  27-25 forever.

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 5

I'm not a religious listener to Way's calling, but man that's the best final in yer ass shot of all time I think, still:

"And one last time, the Texas Longhorns break the hearts of the aggies."  Now that shit is gold, Jerry.

There only have been a few games I was wound up so tight watching.  I could not bear the thought of aggy having that forever scoreboard.  But, in the end, things were put in their proper place, punctuated perfectly by Justin Mothertruckin Tucker.

8 minutes ago, dcbc said:

There only have been a few games I was wound up so tight watching.  I could not bear the thought of aggy having that forever scoreboard.  But, in the end, things were put in their proper place, punctuated perfectly by Justin Mothertruckin Tucker.

I left the in-laws early Thanksgiving to go home and watch alone in peace.  Man, I drank so much bourbon.  We had saved one extra apple pie for ourselves, and when the game ended I sat on the couch smiling and ate the whole fucking apple pie.  Good times...

• Like 1

Just now, PantsTent said:

I left the in-laws early Thanksgiving to go home and watch alone in peace.  Man, I drank so much bourbon.  We had saved one extra apple pie for ourselves, and when the game ended I sat on the couch smiling and ate the whole fucking apple pie.  Good times...

We were at my mom's place in Houston.  A buddy and his wife came over and watched the game with my wife and I.  At some point, we paused the game.  So we were slightly time delayed.  My mom was in the kitchen and had seen the future.  In that last drive, before Case's wonderfully derpy pinball run, we were wrung out.  At that point, my mom walked by the door to the TV room, looked in, gave a wry smile, said nothing, and walked on.  We spent a few seconds analyzing that moment, then watched the game.  But she may have prevented my having a heart attack.  It did not completely assure me though.  So the end of the game lost none of it's awesomeness. 

Dave South's call of that glorious moment, deadpan with defeat while chocking back the tears, is worth a listen as well.

"It is down. It is up, and it's aaaaa... goodonetheywin. [radio silence] Texas has won it, 27-25, with a 40-yard field goal. [radio silence] Annnnnnd Texas has stormed the field."

17 hours ago, phdhorn said:

I'm not a religious listener to Way's calling, but man that's the best final in yer ass shot of all time I think, still:

"And one last time, the Texas Longhorns break the hearts of the aggies."  Now that shit is gold, Jerry.

this alone is reason enough to never play em again. 

17 hours ago, dcbc said:

The first. The last. And 74 in between. 

If I was an aggy, I would run to a new conference too. Fuck being somebody's bitch for over 100 years.