Inbox shenanigans

All of the following is hypothetical:

Let’s say someone I know wanted to get daily updates, maybe even hourly or more updates, delivered to their inbox, text messages, etc about a certain tourist destination in Arizona.  Let’s say this person was an ass at work and now their inbox needs to be a never ending avalanche of spam about that place. How would one go about setting that up?  Ideally with the least amount of work and in a very untraceable way?

Again, hypothetically. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Isn't signing them up for Cat Facts easier?

This thought crossed my mind, but I really want to send him constant facts about Sedona, AZ because that's what he was being an ass about and I want him to know it was me without proof.

But yes, cat facts may be the ultimate solution.

Edited by Biff Tannen

Posted (edited)

I have to assume that Google thought this through and made it easy to stop unwanted notifications from Google alerts, but that’s here

https://www.google.com/alerts

I would think what you want is Sedona related businesses that are of the kind that are not… scrupulous when it comes to direct email marketing. A shotgun approach of signing up an email address for the newsletter of lots of different stores, what is the Sedona equivalent of do512 or whatever, is there a company that does…. Sand dune tours or whatever the fuck it is there. I think you need to budget a few hours, or maybe 15 minutes a night, to searching and subscribing.

also, you could investigate the Craigslist approach. What is it… meetup? Is there a thing where maybe someone with his email address wants to meet people for crystal meditation in the Sedona area?

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I have to assume that Google thought this through and made it easy to stop unwanted notifications from Google alerts, but that’s here

https://www.google.com/alerts

I would think what you want is Sedona related businesses that are of the kind that are not… scrupulous when it comes to direct email marketing. A shotgun approach of signing up an email address for the newsletter of lots of different stores, what is the Sedona equivalent of do512 or whatever, is there a company that does…. Sand dune tours or whatever the fuck it is there. I think you need to budget a few hours, or maybe 15 minutes a night, to searching and subscribing.

also, you could investigate the Craigslist approach. What is it… meetup? Is there a thing where maybe someone with his email address wants to meet people for crystal meditation in the Sedona area?

This is the info I was looking for.  I knew I could count on the Surl.  I've never been much of a vindictive prankster, but this guy has been asking for it and now I'm gonna make him pay.  I am fully prepared for the bolded. 

Listen for the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee!

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

This thought crossed my mind, but I really want to send him constant facts about Sedona, AZ because that's what he was being an ass about and I want him to know it was me without proof.

But yes, cat facts may be the ultimate solution.

Alright, I have to ask. How does one act like an ass about Sedona, Arizona?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Alright, I have to ask. How does one act like an ass about Sedona, Arizona?

It's part of my territory and I asked a question about it and he made a snide remark and it was the straw that broke the camel's back for me with him and now he's gonna hear more than he ever wanted to about it.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

donate $5 in their name/email/cell to every political party you know of in the area. They aren't blocked by "do not contact" lists and will forever spam them, especially this year.

I was very selective with my cell number for 20 years and rarely got spam until a couple of years ago, when I began receiving a bunch of Trumpy shit addressed to my dead father (who despised Trump) and if I ever discover that someone unleashed this spam on me intentionally, I will retaliate disproportionately, excessively, and unreasonably.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I was very selective with my cell number for 20 years and rarely got spam until a couple of years ago, when I began receiving a bunch of Trumpy shit addressed to my dead father (who despised Trump) and if I ever discover that someone unleashed this spam on me intentionally, I will retaliate disproportionately, excessively, and unreasonably.

So...  A futile and stupid gesture.