2024 Final Four and National Championship

Pancho

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, deadshank said:

How many of you knuckleheads were actually on your HS basketball team?  Did you play or were you spot 10-12?

I’m not beefing.  Just curious.  Game has changed since I graduated HS in 82.   

I did and played.  The Purdue offense is more what we played. Classic post up offense. Plenty of pick and roll and screen and get open. Plenty of high low against the zone, overload the perimeter too. The dominance of the three was just becoming a thing.  Shooting 4 feet behind the line? No one.

Defense was mostly man to man, we played some 2-3 cuse zone, occasionally 1-3-1 trap and sometimes box and 1 if we had a D1 guard prospect we were playing against. 

besides tennis it’s the sport I know the most about but it’s one of my least favorite to watch until tournament time.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, troph said:

I did and played.  The Purdue offense is more what we played. Classic post up offense. Plenty of pick and roll and screen and get open. The dominance of the three was just becoming a thing.  Shooting 4 feet behind the line? No one.

That was us.  High / low post. Set screens.  Pick and roll.   No such thing as a 3 point line. Pass at least 5 times. Etc.    Friggin’ Hickory Huskers.  Focus on defense, follow the offensive formula like Soviet economic policy  and don’t have any fun. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, deadshank said:

That was us.  High / low post. Set screens.  Pick and roll.   No such thing as a 3 point line. Pass at least 5 times. Etc.    Friggin’ Hickory Huskers.  Focus on defense, follow the offensive formula like Soviet economic policy  and don’t have any fun. 

We were allowed to create and we ran some. A lot of focus on rebound and quick outlet, run the court get the rebound for the score if the guards fucked it up. The 3 was an equal part of the game, just not dominate.

Edited by troph

Bad knees and multiple surgeries ended any HS Hoops dreams.  To no one’s surprise I was All-City and dominated as a 7th grader… 

of course I was also 19 years old at that time. 

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

doesn't address my question.  The top level game could have had even higher numbers on free tv. This is simple math. 

The answer of a contract being signed to host the FF on TBS in even years, yes, yes, that directly answered your question. You chose to ignore it because you want to force yourself to being correct about something you’re incorrect on. 

Getting back to the game…

Alabama I think is cooked here but the effort is great

1 minute ago, deadshank said:

Underdog must survive the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half.   Bama needs to bear down.  

Agreed. They did to end the first half. Down 7 closed it to 4.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The answer of a contract being signed to host the FF on TBS in even years, yes, yes, that directly answered your question. You chose to ignore it because you want to force yourself to being correct about something you’re incorrect on. 

Getting back to the game…

Alabama I think is cooked here but the effort is great

no, your replies have nothing to do with the fact that cable-less people cannot watch the game. Thanks! 

• Pancho unpinned this topic