Is Montverde 2024 the best high school team of all time?

Irieguy

I say yes. They just went 33-0 and won the national championship.

roster:

Cooper Flagg #1 overall recruit in country

Derik Queen #13 overall 

Asa Newell #14 

Liam McNeeley #16

Rob Wright #25

That is insane talent.  I think they could beat any college team outside the top 40. 

4 hours ago, Irieguy said:

I say yes. They just went 33-0 and won the national championship.

roster:

Cooper Flagg #1 overall recruit in country

Derik Queen #13 overall 

Asa Newell #14 

Liam McNeeley #16

Rob Wright #25

That is insane talent.  I think they could beat any college team outside the top 40. 

they would get crushed by college teams full of grown men with multiple years of college coaching, weight training, film study, etc. indiana state, who just lost the NIT final, would beat this team by 50. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

they would get crushed by college teams full of grown men with multiple years of college coaching, weight training, film study, etc.

You vastly overrate "college" teams as a whole.  There are 300+ D1 teams and MANY of them are absolute trash.  "Any college team outside the top 40" is a pretty big reach, but I'd bet money they would beat at least the bottom 100 teams.  The bottom third or so of most non-P5/6 conferences are simply bad.  

image.png.be04bb287799e7b856adb1a42f184160.pngimage.png.b96b72aa3b323d933eba09436ea20427.pngimage.png.62dba874aeaf84af2aed195243d770c5.png

image.png.0a1ed28bf939263357d5bf382335fdbe.pngimage.png.0befefa72588b02c61ebe77e8122ba9d.pngimage.png.a199507b2ef7177ac846ed1c71789d13.png

image.png.2b4d8a89b817eeb8f72a736fb6ff9c47.pngimage.png.f4ea43f79898810d9c6c0ee2132b04e8.pngimage.png.54b570924e8877b446b03b28e981a657.png

And there's another 15 conferences to go through, but you get the idea.

Edited by Mittens

Since we now seem to be starting threads of total randomness, here are some random facts that interest me:

• Though most people assume it is private university, William and Mary is a public university
  • Frank Sinatra was considered a really good basketball player
  • A man once lost his wedding ring in in the ocean off of Australia. Five months later, a snorkeler spotted a wedding ring attached to a fish, and retrieved it. Sure enough, it was the wedding ring and he returned it to the grateful owner.
  • There are 293 ways to make change with a dollar 
  • All clocks in Pulp Fiction are set to 4:20

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

they would get crushed by college teams full of grown men with multiple years of college coaching, weight training, film study, etc. indiana state, who just lost the NIT final, would beat this team by 50. 

Nah. College teams outside the top 40 are trash for the most part. Indiana State should have been in the top 40 and in the NCAA tourney. Look at a team like Virginia. Putrid offense. Scored 42 points in their NCAA game and a lot of that in junk time. Cooper Flagg could get 25 against Virginia and Montverde wins 54-50. 

2 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

Since we now seem to be starting threads of total randomness, here are some random facts that interest me:

• Though most people assume it is private university, William and Mary is a public university
  • Frank Sinatra was considered a really good basketball player
  • A man once lost his wedding ring in in the ocean off of Australia. Five months later, a snorkeler spotted a wedding ring attached to a fish, and retrieved it. Sure enough, it was the wedding ring and he returned it to the grateful owner.
  • There are 293 ways to make change with a dollar 
  • All clocks in Pulp Fiction are set to 4:20

Is somebody forcing you to read this thread?  

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Is somebody forcing you to read this thread?  

Yes. I live in on a compound in the Philippines and am forced by a Chinese mob to post in threads for a living. I get paid $.001 per post. Our conditions are horrible. Please help me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, TreatyOak said:

A man once lost his wedding ring in in the ocean off of Australia. Five months later, a snorkeler spotted a wedding ring attached to a fish, and retrieved it. Sure enough, it was the wedding ring and he returned it to the grateful owner.

Who gives a fuck about men's wedding rings? Dude couldn't afford the $250 to replace it?

• Hook 'Em 1

It would be more impressive if they didn’t handpick kids from across the country to bring them to that campus for this purpose. 

Impressive is if this was done with home grown kids from that community/area.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Irieguy said:

Nah. College teams outside the top 40 are trash for the most part. Indiana State should have been in the top 40 and in the NCAA tourney. Look at a team like Virginia. Putrid offense. Scored 42 points in their NCAA game and a lot of that in junk time. Cooper Flagg could get 25 against Virginia and Montverde wins 54-50. 

lol jesus christ. this is so far off base it’s not even worth getting into. 

2 hours ago, Mittens said:

That’s not how prep schools work, but you know that. 

That’s not how Aledo works in football either, am I right?

I used to ref in Florida. I’ve reffed at Montverde. I know exactly how that place works. (It was actually a big deal to get to ref a Montverde game because of who is normally on their squads, not sure if it still is now)