Port Aransas

Paco

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would put up the bookend Sun rise to your sunset MIA if that Was the Saturday we crushed OU!  About to shoot back down tomorrow, and try to catch a low wind day in the surf.  Will probably actually go to Shorty's this go round since I am solo. But looks like it's gonna get windy as shit so may just boomerang back to Austin if the fish stop biting. Missed the pig party due to a combination of the Sunrise below, jack Daniels, and the slaughter of the Dirt Burglers.

sunrise image oct 9 2022.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 5

• 3 weeks later...

first time to be here in (early) November and will not be the last.

went to Fins last night, again super solid - expensive for what it is but that's what happens in a tourist town.

in case anyone is curious, if you aren't going to Coach's for breakfast, you are missing out. really enjoy that place.

Coach was talking about the new place - anyone know where it's going to actually be? i meant to ask but was caught up chatting w/ waitress on way out.

Edited by NoName

1 hour ago, NoName said:

first time to be here in (early) November and will not be the last.

went to Fins last night, again super solid - expensive for what it is but that's what happens in a tourist town.

in case anyone is curious, if you aren't going to Coach's for breakfast, you are missing out. really enjoy that place.

Coach was talking about the new place - anyone know where it's going to actually be? i meant to ask but was caught up chatting w/ waitress on way out.

October is even better weather wise but yeah late September thru mid November is by far the best time to be here. Almost always great weather and it’s not too crowded.

Im with you on Fins and Coaches. The new location is on Allister just a few blocks away. If you go south on Allister from his old location it’s about 2 blocks down on the right just before you get to Tortugas. It’s where the old Board House used to be.

Theres some fun stuff going on today at Robert’s Point park for Port A days. Chili Cook off all day, music starting at 6 and the anything that floats but a boat “parade” at 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

My buddy now tells me that he does go to Grumbles and says they have a stout Pińa Colada, but too sweet and heavy for my taste.  I guess one day I will break down and walk in, but right now they are still on my fuck the takeover list.  My "go to" is still La Playa for Fajitas or Fish Specials, Virgina's for Smoked tuna dip, and fish Sandwisch, Kody's for Garlic Fish and a decent drink away from the crowds (other food is solid too), with a splash of Lelo's tossed in for their burgers and Hummus plate.

I really wish I liked the Blue Water Cowboy more, maybe I will give them another shot just to for the upper deck view.  There is other good food on the island for sure, but that's a great short list.  Red's Patio Bar at the Golf course is decent as well and usually not crowded.  

have fun as give us a report!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:23 PM, Teebox said:

So how is the new Shorty's post-move?  Headed to Port A for the first time since last summer and wanting to check it out.

On 1/17/2023 at 8:23 PM, LebongJames said:

I don’t believe it has opened.

It hasn’t even moved yet. I’m out of town but last I heard it might move Sunday or Monday. I wouldn’t expect it to open before at least spring break and my guess is that it won’t open until Memorial Day.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 8:04 AM, Teebox said:

I saw a notice in the South Jetty that the physical move is happening this weekend. And who knows about opening.  

They moved part of it earlier this week.  They moved the main building yesterday.  I didn't head that way (they're cluster fucking the Commodores/PR22 right now) but I did have several friends that went that way to watch them move it....

Edited by Ag with kids