The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm going to need someone to explain embellishment call to me. I'll wait until you explain to ref as well 

Idk I don't watch a ton of hockey but it always seems to me like they have the dumbest rule-set of any of the major sports. 

• Drool 1

“Embellishment might be the toughest call for a referee”

so just get rid of the fucking option for refs to call that. I don’t think there is one NHL fan in the world that thought we needed to give refs more bs penalties they needed to make judgement calls on. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, ztejas said:

You look at Tyler Segiun over there and it's all about tripping over his own dick every time he gets the puck on a breakaway.

I liked how he had a chance to shoot but decided to try and do a triple deke and turned it over without a shot. 

Really disappointing game considering we had a 3-0 lead. Smith getting a fucking penalty behind the Avs net sure looks bad in retrospect.  Stars highest paid forwards might want to eventually show up in the 2024 playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

“Embellishment might be the toughest call for a referee”

so just get rid of the fucking option for refs to call that. I don’t think there is one NHL fan in the world that thought we needed to give refs more bs penalties they needed to make judgement calls on. 

Embellishment is the dumbest call in the game. Don't call the original penalty if you think that way. Makes no sense. Yes was trip, but he could have stayed up...no sense

Really disappointing game considering we had a 3-0 lead. Smith getting a fucking penalty behind the Avs net sure looks bad in retrospect.  Stars highest paid forwards might want to eventually show up in the 2024 playoffs. 

Roope needs to pull his head out of his ass and Robo needs to do more — or we’re cooked.

Just now, dcar00 said:

fucking ubelievable...4 straight goals.  we just suck putting the puck in the gotdam net. 

when you’re up 3-0 you don’t have to score again. Just don’t give up a bunch of dumb shit penalties to let the Avs back in the game. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Miro and Otter just got outraced. That was lazy as fuck. We gave away Game 1. Fucking pathetic. 

Colorado is the better team. They were in the season too.  faster and better.  they shook off the rust, punished us on PP, and then just walked away with it because we have guys who can't fucking shoot.  we were missing the net by feet all game on wide open shots.

Fuckin hate hockey man

6 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I don’t know how many playoff series we can watch 80 point regular season Jason Robertson turn into a giant pussy until Nill is forced to trade him. 

Him

Hintz I guess is injured

Seguin, Benn, Pavs all ghosts

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Fuckin hate hockey man

Him

Hintz I guess is injured

Benn seems to be doing what he does or at least the last 3 or 4 games.   the problem is the other 4 guys are zeros.

We obviously can't take penalties because the Avs will destroy us on the PP.

Fuckin hate hockey man
Him
Hintz I guess is injured

Jamie Benn was a warrior tonight. I’m not worried about him. The rest? Woof. Roope, Robertson and Pavelski with a combined one SOG is embarrassing.

We’ve got a lot of really solid players up and down the lineup. Trouble is Colorado’s got the four best players in this series — MacKinnon, Makar, Rantanen and Val. Three of those guys scored tonight. Our only prayer is if Georgiev completely shits the bed — or if Otter stands on his head and steals the series.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Statistically, Miro is having a terrible playoff run. 

According to Hockey Stat Cards, Miro vs Vegas:

G1: 17th (of 18 skaters) just one spot ahead of Harley
G2: 2nd behind Robertson
G3: 1st
G4: 18th
G5: 10th
G6: 18th
G7: 2nd behind Harley

Miro vs Colorado:

G1: 18th

He’s been Dallas’ worst skater on the ice in three of our eight games and was second-worst in another. In three games, he’s been first or second best. Talk about Jekyll and Hyde.