The 2024 Quest for Lord Stanley's Cup - general NHL playoffs discussion thread

Maybe I'm missing something, but neither of these teams looks anywhere near as good as either Colorado or Dallas.

Hughes is underwhelming.  Box score has him with 2 assists, but neither were primary.

16 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but neither of these teams looks anywhere near as good as either Colorado or Dallas.

looks that way to me. Vancouver has scored 4 goals because Oilers defense is so soft. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Poor Bruins, Fla up 3-1 in the series. 

So I watched the first period... First hockey game I've watched all season... My first reaction was, "Damn, Bruins seem really desperate to try to get Florida off they're game..." Bruins go up 2-0, but stay looking desperate with little cheap shit instead of just skating. It was like the psychological ploy was backfiring. Even though Boston was up, they assumed scared. 

I changed the channel at the first intermission, and said, "I bet Florida will run them off the ice."

I should watch more hockey.

• Drool 1

holy shit.  that after the horn action should draw suspensions in the Edm Van game.  total bullshit.

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Zadorov is a mean sob it appears

he and the other van player should get suspended.

Posted (edited)

"Guy next to me at the bar in Aruba pulled out a credit card with a Maple Leafs logo on it. Didn't seem too amused when I told him I assume he's only buying the first round."

Good stuff.  

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Whatever NHL suit that thinks the playoffs need really soft penalties called should drink bleach. 

I want to agree with this, but that goalie interference that wasn't because "it wasn't enough" is the biggest horseshit call in the playoffs so far.  And I hate the Bruins.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Guys weren’t exactly skating to the rooms after that ended. Will be interesting, especially since it's mcdavid. 

wonder if edm holds him out of practice today to influence a suspension. 

We know they are ok with gamesmanship with how they bought extra rest with the goalie switch yesterday.

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Bummer about Skinner. I remember watching him with the Wichita Thunder in the ECHL just a few years ago. Quite a climb in such a short time. Been rooting for him. 

Once again, goaltending proves to be an issue in EDM. 

maybe paying your 1C and 1D north of $20M (25% of the cap) isn't the best strategy for success

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

holy shit.  that after the horn action should draw suspensions in the Edm Van game.  total bullshit.
he and the other van player should get suspended.

Soucy got a one-game timeout. Didn’t see that posted.
Fucking Val. The team is really going to miss him. Can't stay off the drugs, I guess.

Is it drugs or booze (or both)?

He had to fuck up repeatedly to get here.

Yeah, for sure. Second straight year he's suddenly gone on the playoffs because of this. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the league at this point since he can't leave the drugs alone.

Is it drugs or booze (or both)?
Failed a drug test.
  • Hook 'Em 1