WTF is wrong with you broke ass cartels?

Tailgate

The Broke Ass Cartel Extorts Citizens For Every Tree That Provides Shade

https://www.borderlandbeat.com/2024/04/the-broke-ass-cartel-extorts-citizens.html

Cartels charge a new “tax” per tree to protect themselves from the sun in Tamaulipas

Los Ciclones and Los Metros, divisions of the Gulf Cartel, impose fees on families for each tree that shades a home in that hot area.

Starting in March, a cool house in times of drought or heatwave is a privilege that only a few will be able to enjoy on the border in Tamaulipas, where the cartels devised a new criminal tax.

Three inhabitants of that region – two in the municipality of Valle Hermoso and one in Río Bravo – contacted MILENIO to reveal that the criminal groups Los Ciclones and Los Metros, divisions of the Gulf cartel, already charge families for each tree that shadows a home in that hot part of Mexico.

“I'm clear about when this happened, because it was the day after my husband's birthday: March 27th. Some people arrived who said they were from 'La Empresa' (Los Ciclones) and told us that from now on they were going to charge for the trees in the houses. They forced their way in and they told me four, even a small one that shadows the dog when it lies on the ground, out there in the cold,” complains Graciela, whose real name has been changed at her request.

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

The Broke Ass Cartel Extorts Citizens For Every Tree That Provides Shade

https://www.borderlandbeat.com/2024/04/the-broke-ass-cartel-extorts-citizens.html

Cartels charge a new “tax” per tree to protect themselves from the sun in Tamaulipas

Los Ciclones and Los Metros, divisions of the Gulf Cartel, impose fees on families for each tree that shades a home in that hot area.

Starting in March, a cool house in times of drought or heatwave is a privilege that only a few will be able to enjoy on the border in Tamaulipas, where the cartels devised a new criminal tax.

Three inhabitants of that region – two in the municipality of Valle Hermoso and one in Río Bravo – contacted MILENIO to reveal that the criminal groups Los Ciclones and Los Metros, divisions of the Gulf cartel, already charge families for each tree that shadows a home in that hot part of Mexico.

“I'm clear about when this happened, because it was the day after my husband's birthday: March 27th. Some people arrived who said they were from 'La Empresa' (Los Ciclones) and told us that from now on they were going to charge for the trees in the houses. They forced their way in and they told me four, even a small one that shadows the dog when it lies on the ground, out there in the cold,” complains Graciela, whose real name has been changed at her request.

3?  shouldn't be too difficult to track down snitch

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’ll be rooting for them

Not me, I'll be looking for ways to stem the violence. There's got to be a way to nip it in the bud.