Stupid shit that your kids did today

Bert Orange

Mine racked up $1,350 in in-app purchases. Turns out she’s been doing it all summer, but more sly like a fraud scammer. Keeping it to $35-45 a day, sometimes a week solid. In total, close to $3,000. Best of all, it was mostly on musicly?  An app that you buy “like” points and hand them out to people you like. Real solid value there. Thank God fraud control caught it today. 

14 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My older son the physicist once ran up a $900 phone bill calling a 900 number sex line when he was in middle school.  You younger kids probably don't understand that.

I would've love to have been a fly on your wall when your horny kid was in one room calling his mom who was working in another part of the house. 

• Like 2

Mine racked up $1,350 in in-app purchases. Turns out she’s been doing it all summer, but more sly like a fraud scammer. Keeping it to $35-45 a day, sometimes a week solid. In total, close to $3,000. Best of all, it was mostly on musicly?  An app that you buy “like” points and hand them out to people you like. Real solid value there. Thank God fraud control caught it today. 
My daughter did this a couple years ago. $3500 in just over 2 weeks. I had Amazon digital purchases filtered in my Gmail so I didn't see what was going on. Luckily I'm probably in the top 1% of Amazon purchases and managed to get it credited back after quite a bit of threatening. Plus it was a bunch of digital eggs or diamonds or some other bullshit so there wasn't really a loss. My wife was in the phone at the same time disputing the charges on the CC.

My daughter's tablet had been having issues and I'd been on the phone with Amazon several times and I guess during one of the times the parental controls had gotten reset so she could buy whatever she wanted. I think that also helped in getting them to credit it back.

Pretty stressful scrolling page by page and seeing endless hundred dollar purchases with no idea when they would stop. No spanking but a pretty tense conversation. I don't expect it will be an issue again.

5 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

My daughter did this a couple years ago. $3500 in just over 2 weeks. I had Amazon digital purchases filtered in my Gmail so I didn't see what was going on. Luckily I'm probably in the top 1% of Amazon purchases and managed to get it credited back after quite a bit of threatening. Plus it was a bunch of digital eggs or diamonds or some other bullshit so there wasn't really a loss. My wife was in the phone at the same time disputing the charges on the CC.

My daughter's tablet had been having issues and I'd been on the phone with Amazon several times and I guess during one of the times the parental controls had gotten reset so she could buy whatever she wanted. I think that also helped in getting them to credit it back.

Pretty stressful scrolling page by page and seeing endless hundred dollar purchases with no idea when they would stop. No spanking but a pretty tense conversation. I don't expect it will be an issue again.

#humblebrag

9 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

My nephew did that on my mom's ipad.  Learned real quick to get him a throwaway email for his own Apple ID and put a refillable gift card on it instead.

But she's dumb and didn't realize it for about 6 months.

12 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

My older son the physicist once ran up a $900 phone bill calling a 900 number sex line when he was in middle school.  You younger kids probably don't understand that.

Diablo Jr did something similar back when dialup was still a thing. I'd never heard of Vanuatu until I got that phone bill.