Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

5 hours ago, Hamttx said:

A supposed condition that may or may not have been diagnosed by a real doctor that involves memory loss that he takes medication for. That based on what we know apparently never appears to impact him while on the football field coaching his team.

like a moebius loop through a wormhole inside a bag of holding stored in daern's instant fortress, this rip in space-time is 5-dimensional.

the other thing killing me is blowjob girl.... she was reassigned.... why? by who? where's the paper trail?..... if she was reassigned because hoovering ZS, then how can ZS not be reassigned for receiving the beej?

21 minutes ago, kilroydos said:

It doesn't prove anything at all, but the dots aren't that hard to connect if you believe the report saying that ONE other OSU coach was out with Smith that night and they were both in the area the day before.  And yes, I think it would be odd if Smith tagged one coach in his post and left out others. 

Isn't it sort of accepted that Herman and Smith ran around together during their time on staff?

Again, I don't think this says anything negative about Herman.  He's clearly a guy who knows how to keep it under control.

Am I following correctly that people are giving one fuck or another that a college football assistant coach went to a strip club while traveling? And am I supposed to be concerned if that coach was Tom Herman? What level of teetotaling bullshit are these fucking people trying to lower us to at this point? I wish the last time I was on the road with buddies and we went to a strip club that we had only spent $600. If only. Of all of the shit that dumbfuck Smith did, turning in an expense for $600 at a strip club seems like the least surprising or worrisome. I fucking hope Herman was the guy with him. I'd respect him more.

• Like 3

Hell, I had no feelings one way or the other on OSU. Other then the road trip up there years ago where that Neolithic fan base demonstrated that they were not familiar with modern plumbing. And English was their second language.

Im upset that I believed that I was absolutely correct in thinking that the SEC was by far the dirtiest in the room, and now I have to reconsider. The Big10 with it’s a rapin’ and a plundering makes the SEC buying players like commodities look pretty fucking good. 

How does an institution of higher learning that enjoys millions of government funding allow this behavior? The members of the BOT that were shown entering the meeting room, and I apologize for making assumptions. Looked to me as if they had not a single worry in the world. Their expressions were that of a carefree bunch headed out on vacation. A nice diverse group that proves that wealth, real wealth  can corrupt ANY man or woman, of any race or background. And that is a fucking shame. Not a single dissenting voice amongst them.....only show me my money. They could not give one fuck for any of those “small people” caught up in this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Am I following correctly that people are giving one fuck or another that a college football assistant coach went to a strip club while traveling? And am I supposed to be concerned if that coach was Tom Herman? What level of teetotaling bullshit are these fucking people trying to lower us to at this point? I wish the last time I was on the road with buddies and we went to a strip club that we had only spent $600. If only. Of all of the shit that dumbfuck Smith did, turning in an expense for $600 at a strip club seems like the least surprising or worrisome. I fucking hope Herman was the guy with him. I'd respect him more.

Goddamnit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Wow, so the entire division except Michigan at this point is mired in scandal.   Good job

Michigan says hold my cheese curds:

Michigan investigating potential shoe resell NCAA violations | SI.com

Aug 11, 2018 - Michigan Investigating Potential Shoe Resales by Players. ... Michigan is investigating whether any student-athletes violated NCAA rules by reselling shoes, reports the Detroit Free Press. ... ESPN reported Friday that North Carolina contacted at least three other schools, informing them ...

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, seems Urban and his tOSU lackeys are doing their damnedest to drag Tom Herman into this one way or the other.

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Unfortunately yes, it ain’t the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s or 00’s anymore. Almost every company considers those that are traveling while on company business to be “on the clock” while on the road. That they represent their organization the entire time. So yes, behavior such as blowing on G-strings while doing shots of Pappy is verboten. I’m sure there are exceptions, but most employee handbooks spell this out very clearly. A direct result of the Information Age, and law departments that have found themselves embarrassed and liable for an employe’s behavior while on the clock.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hamttx said:

Unfortunately yes, it ain’t the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s or 00’s anymore. Almost every company considers those that are traveling while on company business to be “on the clock” while on the road. That they represent their organization the entire time. So yes, behavior such as blowing on G-strings while doing shots of Pappy is verboten. I’m sure there are exceptions, but most employee handbooks spell this out very clearly. A direct result of the Information Age, and law departments that have found themselves embarrassed and liable for an employe’s behavior while on the clock.

I don't know, man. I've seen plenty of employee handbooks. I've had final approval on a few, frankly. You're being a bit fast and loose with "most employee handbooks spell this out very clearly". You might be right that this is a thing in certain places, but I was alluding the public realm in general. Anyone getting worked up over a dude going to a strip club is stretching their outrage and piety capacity a little fucking thin. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't know, man. I've seen plenty of employee handbooks. I've had final approval on a few, frankly. You're being a bit fast and loose with "most employee handbooks spell this out very clearly". You might be right that this is a thing in certain places, but I was alluding the public realm in general. Anyone getting worked up over a dude going to a strip club is stretching their outrage and piety capacity a little fucking thin. 

What level of management were/are you in? I don’t wish to disparage you so please don’t take my comment personally. But my experience is with a company that I was employed with for over 40 years. And with a law department of over 30 attorneys. I can assure you going into a strip club was a huge problem. And every year that law department required All managers to sign a Code of Conduct contract. Every fucking year!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

This was already debunked. Also, how would this have been a scandal? If someone sold their shoes, you punish them and move on. Imperfection is not scandal in and of itself. 

Well, then why was the same issue at North Carolina of students reselling shoes not also debunked, as those players are now suspended from the team... 

And if it is ok for student athletes to resale merchandise issued from the school, why were coaches from Ohio State forced to be fired back during the tattoo scandal..?

Just now, kopp0e said:

Well, then why was the same issue at North Carolina of students reselling shoes not also debunked, as those players are now suspended from the team... 

And if it is ok for student athletes to resale merchandise issued from the school, why were coaches from Ohio State forced to be fired back during the tattoo scandal..?

Because they did it. All current Michigan players have all issued merchandise. The player who was kicked off last year and threatened to kill Harbaugh on social media (Mbem-Bosse I think) was supposedly the player that sold his shoes several months after being kicked off the team. That would be why. Way to grab a blurb about something you know fuck all about and get pissy when someone points that out to you. Your point was in no way relevant. We're all dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Because they did it. All current Michigan players have all issued merchandise. The player who was kicked off last year and threatened to kill Harbaugh on social media (Mbem-Bosse I think) was supposedly the player that sold his shoes several months after being kicked off the team. That would be why. Way to grab a blurb about something you know fuck all about and get pissy when someone points that out to you. Your point was in no way relevant. We're all dumber for having listened to it. May God have mercy on your soul.

I lack seeing where I went cursing you in asking questions of difference between how shoe scandals at Michigan & North Carolina were handled, but otherwise that's fine... 

Edited by kopp0e

Just now, kopp0e said:

I lack seeing where I went cursing at you in asking questions of difference between how shoe scandals at Michigan & North Carolina were handled, but you are otherwise fine... 

Lighten up, Francis. I didn't curse at you. I described your knowledge on the subject as fuck all. Your tone came across smug, so I responded in kind. 

17 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

What level of management were/are you in? I don’t wish to disparage you so please don’t take my comment personally. But my experience is with a company that I was employed with for over 40 years. And with a law department of over 30 attorneys. I can assure you going into a strip club was a huge problem. And every year that law department required All managers to sign a Code of Conduct contract. Every fucking year!

I agree with you in principle, but I'm with the other poster. There is way too much diversity in practice at employers of varying sizes for there to be a single answer. While we'd like to think that tOSU is closer to your experience than otherwise, academics are notorious for trailing corporate in many areas of risk mitigation.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In my industry it will only get you in trouble if the total bill gets out of control. Otherwise, it's just fairly common practice to take clients to strip clubs.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

31 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

To be clear, I believe your situation, and I believe it to be true for numerous orgs. I'm just saying it's not a standard.

Without resume reading, the final approval scenarios were for orgs I ran/run. I was part of signing off on another at a global Fortune 500. Like I said, I don't doubt your experience, but it's not a standard because of the vast diversity of orgs on this planet.

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

IU Athletics has reached the point of wanting people to only remember them for the movie Breaking Away. 

Remember when Bobby Knight choked a player and Indiana, yet again, attempted to defend his actions and poo-poo the whole thing? It's pretty damned reminiscent of the OSU stuff now in some ways. I wonder which side of the circumstance OSU fans were on at the time, and I wonder what IU supporters are saying right now?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

If we're going to start investigating all college football coaches who have been to strip clubs in work trips, I think a whole lot of coaches are about to have "clear my old texts" meetings. 

The difference, for any who are actually too dense to realize it, is not all of them try to expense $600 from it to their employer as a work outing.

Oh, and not all of them also have Zach Smith's particular penchant for being a fuck up douchebag asshole in every area of life, which is the only reason the strip club outing is notable.  On it's own, it's a non story.  It's only interesting when combined with the totality of this guys escapades. 

13 minutes ago, heso said:

Did I hear correctly that even though he’s suspended for 3 games he’s allowed to be back at practice Monday after the first game?

Yeah, that's why it's a 1 week suspension. The impact coaches have on game day is drastically overvalued unless they are a playcaller. 

Urban will be running the show after the first week where they play powerhouse Oregon State. 

25 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we're going to start investigating all college football coaches who have been to strip clubs in work trips, I think a whole lot of coaches are about to have "clear my old texts" meetings. 

The difference, for any who are actually too dense to realize it, is not all of them try to expense $600 from it to their employer as a work outing.

Oh, and not all of them also have Zach Smith's particular penchant for being a fuck up douchebag asshole in every area of life, which is the only reason the strip club outing is notable.  On it's own, it's a non story.  It's only interesting when combined with the totality of this guys escapades. 

Since we are talking about coaches at strip clubs, can we reminisce on the days when Bama was a dumpster fire and canned their coach before he actually coached a game?

https://www.si.com/vault/2003/05/12/342806/how-he-met-his-destiny-at-a-strip-club-mike-price-fired

26 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, I believe your situation, and I believe it to be true for numerous orgs. I'm just saying it's not a standard.

Without resume reading, the final approval scenarios were for orgs I ran/run. I was part of signing off on another at a global Fortune 500. Like I said, I don't doubt your experience, but it's not a standard because of the vast diversity of orgs on this planet.

Remember when Bobby Knight choked a player and Indiana, yet again, attempted to defend his actions and poo-poo the whole thing? It's pretty damned reminiscent of the OSU stuff now in some ways. I wonder which side of the circumstance OSU fans were on at the time, and I wonder what IU supporters are saying right now?

That is a fair response. There very well may be enough diversity in companies that are  still willing to take a risk by allowing an employee to visit such a club while on company business. And are also willing to deal with any blow back should an incident occur while their employee was there. Including any embarrassing press that could impact conservative boosters.

A good example that applies in this case is of course Mike Price. He spent, what, one day as Alabama’s head coach before a dancer lifted his wallet and university credit card? Had that not happened Alabama was on the hook for 13.5 million. But they used his visiting the club as the cause for dismissal. And he was the victim of a crime! The university wrote ambiguity into his conduct clause. And though it didn’t specifically spell out clubbing or exotic dancer, it gave them leverage over any claim to guaranteed money the university was liable for. 

That said it is hard to believe any organization would allow such a situation unless they were confident that neither public opinion or any authority over the company simply doesn’t mind if an incident occurs. Just my take on the optics of this case with how the situation with Smith played out. Because I’m sure you noticed that it took all of three minutes for the media to jump all over him being at the club.

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Hell is the word you are looking for, Mac. Art Briles can burn in hell.  I think he understands his readership's collective IQ when this is the caption for the photo in the article... "Former Baylor coach Art Briles and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer are pictured in this composite photo."

3 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Hell is the word you are looking for, Mac. Art Briles can burn in hell.  I think he understands his readership's collective IQ when this is the caption for the photo in the article... "Former Baylor coach Art Briles and Ohio State coach Urban Meyer are pictured in this composite photo."

standing-ovation.gif

4 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

I like Mac. Worked with him before. That paper is a ghostland -- McClatchy laid off more employees there yesterday. It's no longer about quality over there. He's simply there to generate clicks. Nothing more. He covered the Baylor shit-show with aplomb IMO. I don't think he believes a lick of what he wrote there and I'm quite certain his wife would hang him up by his nuts if he did. She's a pit bull. (Oh, BTW, Mac's hometown is Cincinnati but he went to KU. Not sure if that has anything to do with this.)

Edited by C-Man