Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

28 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Paul Finnebaum called Urban an arrogant fraud and a liar.  

Just a reminder that Finnebaum hasn't changed his stripes, he said last night that he thought the punishment was about the appropriate amount (suspended for games on Sept 1, 8, 15, but the rest of the suspension ending Sept 3.  As in Urban can be involved in all the preparations for the game, he just can't be on the sidelines.  A 90% slap on the wrist portrayed as meaninful.)

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Just going to leave this here... one text from Meyer's phone that wasn't "purged"...

One text that did survive the purge came from Meyer’s wife Shelley on the night Zach Smith was fired. “I am worried about Zach’s response,” Shelley Meyer wrote to her husband at 7:35 p.m. on July 23, 2018. “He drinks a lot and I am just not sure how stable he will be. Afraid he will do something dangerous. It’s obvious he has anger/rage issues already.”

Read this and remember that the reason Urban gave for never reporting any of this history to OSU was bc he and Shelley doubted the veracity of Courtney Smith's claims against Zach.

Yeah, those two pieces of information totally add up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

The weird part of the suspension is that after the first game he'll be allowed to run practices. He just won't be able to coach them on the sidelines for the next 2 games. What a joke.

Given its only applied to game days, it really is more like a three day suspension than a three week one. Three. Days. 

3 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I'm told local Columbus sports radio is immolating Urby today as well. Again, not all of us are jorts-wearing mouth-breathers.

I wear cargos, thank you very much.

i'd love to see examples of osu fans that are upset with the results of the investigation...do you have any?

9 minutes ago, miguelito said:

It's been referenced before, but:

060117_mlb_gif_valentine_lurking_med_f27

If he did this, and was caught, couldn't he just claim another amnesia episode and say he was confused about whether he was supposed to be coaching or not? 

Sadly, I'm only half kidding.  At this point, why the fuck not?  No meaningful consequence will come either way, we've proven that now. 

7 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I listened to 5 minutes of ESPN radio this morning. One guy was saying that Urban did nothing wrong and the other guy thought it was clearly not enough to fire him, so yeah I think PhD is right it'll be nothing nationally after the suspension is up and he's coached a few games.

ESPN is interviewing local (tOSU) reporters and personalities. Of course that's the answer they are going to get.

The shitty part of all of this is that NO ONE associated with tOSU cares/will care. That's the reason why this will "go away"

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Hot shit today, tomorrow all will be forgotten and forgiven by ESPN. Why doesn't ESPN show quality sports programs, like...."Nude Luge Mixed Doubles"?

If McMurphy can keep dropping deuces at strategic points (which he's been doing, and I believe he's still sitting on something huge), I don't think this is anywhere near from over. 

55 minutes ago, Loco said:

Any of y'all seen the new OSU football hype video?

nsfw... 

Reveal hidden contents

It's okay... Ohio State is establishing a new Central Abuse Center where you can smack yo' bitches around all you want.  Just bring 'em there and beat the shit out of them.  The Committee will utter Jack Handey platitudes and conclude you're high on Adderall.    Hell for some of the better beatdowns, they might find you a scholle!

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

I think you’re grossly over-estimating the general public. The last thing Ohio State wanted to do was fire Urban. They did everything they could to keep him. Based on McMurphy’s tweets from last night, the evidence was damning that he knew — and did nothing about it. He’s dirty to the core.

Sadly, I think you are correct. I can't get over Pope Urban wiping his phone clean, or that the people who were supposed to look at his phone never attempted to do so.

Did THE Ohio State University actually spend $500,000 on this farce?

Edited by PittsburghTiger

28 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

ESPN is interviewing local (tOSU) reporters and personalities. Of course that's the answer they are going to get.

The shitty part of all of this is that NO ONE associated with tOSU cares/will care. That's the reason why this will "go away"

ESPN is not going to be the outlet to go after urban and tosu. It'll be the cfb competitors that were already are eating away market share.

tosu did leave an out for everyone involved by saying "meds cause him memory loss", they know folks digging and if 1 person turns on urban to collaborate Brett....they can then fire him then and he can blame the meds.

Edited by Goodman

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

Herbie is the classic definition of a toadie. And let’s be honest, it has served he and his family well. However he will under no circumstance construct an individual thought without “running it through the big guy” first. But the good looks, smile, keen wit, etc. Is just window dressing. Get His ass away from the cameras and reporters and he becomes the same type of individual. 

Not to mention his greatest accomplishment which was sitting on the GameDay set for years eating SEC cock when we all knew exactly how he truly felt.

Around $2,000,000 per year for his efforts.

9 minutes ago, Goodman said:

ESPN is not going to be the outlet to go after urban and tosu. It'll be the cfb competitors that were already are eating away market share.

Alabama has a show on ESPN highlighting their players getting fed with Steak and Lobster & meeting Kobe. 

tOSU has a coach who forgets that his assistance beat their wives.

It's Saban's world and all the other coaches are just living in it.

It’s times like this I fall into the fantasy world where some unheard of university president comes out and refuses to play a game until they remove the offender.

i know, I know it would never happen, good old boys and such. It is just something I do when I witness a complete lack of justice motivated entirely by the love of gold.

The deleting of text messages on a company phone is more then cause. And should have been a solid footing to refuse the payout. Destroying possible evidence that could impact not only this event, but some other future event should not be tolerated. 

Is there not a single decent person in that state that is willing to say NO? I don’t wish harm on anyone, not even for this. But man, we as a society have lost our bearing and sailed far, far off course.

I miss the ridiculous days of the Switzer types. Who cheat their asses off with stuff like fucking coaches wife’s, and buying players. You know, Burt Reynolds types of infractions that both parties agreed to participate in. Where personal harm or injury were not part of the equation. These days of rape, murder, brutality, and destroying people’s lives should be stopped by the very institutions that these events are taking place at no matter the drop in the polls. Yet that is not what I see. I see a group of very wealthy and influential people. Comprised of black, white, male and female all in concert attempting to spin these events as single occurrences. All while totally ignoring the victims of these actions. 

Urb’s entire statement never once addressed the victim. Instead purposely allowing ambiguity, when he personally knew this woman for many years. He had talked with her many times, and she was a friend of his own wife. That by anyone’s definition is a piece of trash, and needs to be taken out to the dump. Fuck the damn game, this should not be allowed in a civilized society.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Big Frog II said:

Between Maryland, Penn State, Michigan State, and Ohio State the Big 10 has got themselves one hell of a conference.

Wisconsin has suspended their 2 starting WRs due to one sexually assaulting a couple of women while the other one taped it.

7 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

I miss the ridiculous days of the Switzer types. Who cheat their asses off with stuff like fucking coaches wife’s, and buying players. You know, Burt Reynolds types of infractions that both parties agreed to participate in. Where personal harm or injury were not part of the equation. These days of rape, murder, brutality, and destroying people’s lives should be stopped by the very institutions that these events are taking place at no matter the drop in the polls. Yet that is not what I see. I see a group of very wealthy and influential people. Comprised of black, white, male and female all in concert attempting to spin these events as single occurrences. All while totally ignoring the victims of these actions. 

I completely agree with the spirit of this; however, let's not kid ourselves into thinking this stuff wasn't also going on back then...we just never heard about it. 

But yeah, I agree with your overall premise, as anyone should. 

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

The weird part of the suspension is that after the first game he'll be allowed to run practices. He just won't be able to coach them on the sidelines for the next 2 games. What a joke.

Would anyone really put it past Urban and the OSU coaching staff to somehow wire him into the games without being on the sidelines? It wouldn't surprise me if he sits in a back room with a headset on, fully involved in the coaching decisions.

34 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I completely agree with the spirit of this; however, let's not kid ourselves into thinking this stuff wasn't also going on back then...we just never heard about it. 

But yeah, I agree with your overall premise, as anyone should. 

Barry got fired cause one of his players shot another one and a drug dealing ring running out of the football dorm got busted by cops. These were unrelated events that happened on the same weekend. 

When Barry was coaching, a girl I knew graduated UT and went to grad school in Oklahoma. She said one of the first things she was told when she hit campus was "NEVER let a guy talk you into going into the athletic dorm for ANY reason."

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Alabama has a show on ESPN highlighting their players getting fed with Steak and Lobster & meeting Kobe. 

tOSU has a coach who forgets that his assistance beat their wives.

It's Saban's world and all the other coaches are just living in it.

Bama with steak, lobster and Kobe Bryant for an hour every 4 or 5 days for a couple months?   

Wonder what would happen if a school could get an entire channel of ESPN dedicated to it...

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Like 1