Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

16 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Can someone expound on the memory issue with Urban? Are they saying that the medication he takes for his heart trouble makes him forgetful?

It's their out for Urban lying multiple times..... Oops, he forgets sometimes because of the medicine he's taking, but he's always meant well.  If he can't handle the responsibilities of his job, then he probably shouldn't have it.  It's ridiculous.

Can someone expound on the memory issue with Urban?

All we have is this from the report:

"has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events. He has also periodically taken medicine that can negatively impair his memory, concentration & focus"

PRIOR EXTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE goes poof. Not a great look for a 7.6MM state employee.

35 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Can someone expound on the memory issue with Urban? Are they saying that the medication he takes for his heart trouble makes him forgetful?

The memory issue must come and go, as he was able to recall enough memory to win the BCS titles in 2006 & 2008 against tOSU & OU, then also the CFP against UO in 2015...

But his memory is bad enough to not recall incidents with Zach Smith on staff at 2 different schools between years of at least 2009 to the 2018 season, must be some good dope..!

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Alabama has a show on ESPN highlighting their players getting fed with Steak and Lobster & meeting Kobe. 

tOSU has a coach who forgets that his assistance beat their wives.

It's Saban's world and all the other coaches are just living in it.

Sure but tosu like ou has a lot of soldiers on the ground at espn and in the cfb world. Look, if the cfb world turns on tosu and keeps digging, then we will see espn get on that train since they are left no other option.

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Coach Meyer did not, in our view, deliberately lie. Overall, Coach Meyer impressed us with a sincere commitment to the Respect for Women core value that he espouses and tries to instill in his players.

Why is "Respect for Women" capitalized? Is this some sort of program tOSU has? If so, can they just trash it because it's obviously bullshit.

26 minutes ago, woohorn said:

"has sometimes had significant memory issues in other situations where he had prior extensive knowledge of events."

This is just such a fucking blatant bullshit excuse it makes me ragey that they even typed it like it was worth entertaining as factual.

Lots of people have selective memory loss when they've done something wrong.  It's not new or surprising concept.

My two year old tries the same thing, and tends to get harsher punishment than Urban did for his lies. 

Edited by Bill Lumbergh

I'm still wondering what happenedto Brian Voltolini, Urban's "Director of Football Operations."

If you've been paying attention, you know that the "Director of Football Operations" doesn't actually deal with "Football Operations."  The "Director of Football Operations" handles the shady shit.

Director of Football Operations Colin Shillinglaw was one of the first employees to go at Baylor after Briles was fired: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/05/31/two-more-baylor-staffers-out-in-wake-sex-assault-scandal.html

Ole Miss initially tried to pin all of the blame for their shit on Barney Farrar, a non-coaching employee with a similar title.  

So, what did Director of Football Operations Brian Voltolini do?

Capture.jpg

So a university employee was asked by university legal on 7/26 to get Meyer's phone pursuant to a FOIA request.  Not only did he ignore university legal, but less than a week later, he helped Meyer erase his phone:

Capture.jpg

And this guy is still employed??!?!

How???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My only solace in this entire saga is the fact that whatever positive legacy Urban had is a dumpster fire.

If he wins multiple NCs at OSU he’ll be remembered as a coaching legend. Legacies are built on hardware. Nick Saban is a cheating sunovabitch and horrible human being...that won’t impact his legacy one iota.

15 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I'm still wondering what happenedto Brian Voltolini, Urban's "Director of Football Operations."

If you've been paying attention, you know that the "Director of Football Operations" doesn't actually deal with "Football Operations."  The "Director of Football Operations" handles the shady shit.

Director of Football Operations Colin Shillinglaw was one of the first employees to go at Baylor after Briles was fired: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/05/31/two-more-baylor-staffers-out-in-wake-sex-assault-scandal.html

Ole Miss initially tried to pin all of the blame for their shit on Barney Farrar, a non-coaching employee with a similar title.  

So, what did Director of Football Operations Brian Voltolini do?

Capture.jpg

So a university employee was asked by university legal on 7/26 to get Meyer's phone pursuant to a FOIA request.  Not only did he ignore university legal, but less than a week later, he helped Meyer erase his phone:

Capture.jpg

And this guy is still employed??!?!

How???

You know how. 

It's my favorite part. Following your team off of the moral ledge is fascinating to me.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

We're seeing it in the political arena, too. It's mind bottling.

It really is both mind-blowing and disturbing how grown adults will support with 100% fervor someone who they literally do not know.  (And this isn't CR, because it happens across all organizations.)  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

It's amazing that "The Lantern" student newspaper wanted to investigate more thoroughly than the investigators.

You have the mistaken impression that Ohio State's fan base went to Ohio State U.  More like  the Ohio State Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If he wins multiple NCs at OSU he’ll be remembered as a coaching legend. Legacies are built on hardware. Nick Saban is a cheating sunovabitch and horrible human being...that won’t impact his legacy one iota.

Paterno won 2 NC's. His legacy is trash (outside of Rapey Valley). 

The level of Nick Saban's horribleness compared to Paterno/Urby is laughable.

28 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My only solace in this entire saga is the fact that whatever positive legacy Urban had is a dumpster fire.

And the good thing about that it that they have plenty of fuel for it:

9781414325705_p0_v1_s1200x630.jpg     51FlXVaD3eL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Woody Hayes might have punched a bitch and was half-psychotic, but hey, you knew what you got with him.  And whod've thunk he was the saintliest fucker (uh, relatively speaking, of course) among Ohio State coaches in the past 40 years?  I guess being a fucking morally bankrupt douchebag is in the official job description.

What a fucking pool of AIDS-infested vomit that school is.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, woohorn said:
15 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:
Herman would spend way more than $600.

Report says ZS spent "personal funds". Possible each of them bought shit and ZS was the only one stupid enough to run his through for reimbursement?

Did he really try to expense that?? LMAO. I guess that is true since that's the only way the investigation could have gotten it. Wow, what a fucking moron. I've fraudulently sought reimbursement for a 'personal' Lyft ride or two but damn, pretty sure I wouldn't be foolish enough to turn in an ATM receipt that read "XTC".

Also, how the fuck does that even 'prove' it was Herman? They were both coaches at OSU on May 8th, 2014? There were zero other members of the offensive staff in place on May 8th, 2014? Those are the only two coaches on the OSU staff that travel to Florida on recruiting trips?

I've read the thing four times and don't seem to be missing anything. Ohio State apologists are definitely not Reddit investigators.

Back in my college days we were on a trip out west in University vehicles. One night, after a long day of work, we decided to patronize the local steak buffet with other perks. We expensed the fuel for the vehicle, we expensed a lot of other stuff, but none of us were dumb enough to expense the food at THAT buffet.

Best part was someone called the University to inform them that their vehicle, with the UT logo emblazoned on the door, was parallel parked right in front of the joint. We were told to park around the corner next time.  

Edited by Telegraph_it
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

I need to stop reading comments on these tweets. Buckeyes sticking up for this shit is infuriating.

Just wait until Urb gets that standing ovation when he is allowed back on the field (and you know that is happening)

It's my favorite part. Following your team off of the moral ledge is fascinating to me.

Sadly it is easy to do, because you of all the lemmings that you are with when you go off the cliff

56 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Crazy to think the B1G may have more cases of said misconduct that flies beneath the radar of investigative journalist... Kodos to McMurphy & crew...

I'm not saying the B1G isn't a cesspool, but you are kidding yourself if you think there aren't other programs in other conferences with problems.
And coaches, AD and Administrators wondering how to keep past shit hidden, or how to come clean after the coverup

19 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

You have the mistaken impression that Ohio State's fan base went to Ohio State U.  More like  the Ohio State Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

I believe Paul Crewe might just be the starting QB and for the bucknut mean machine this year

1 minute ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Also, how the fuck does that even 'prove' it was Herman? They were both coaches at OSU on May 8th, 2014? There were zero other members of the offensive staff in place on May 8th, 2014? Those are the only two coaches on the OSU staff that travel to Florida on recruiting trips?

I've read the thing four times and don't seem to be missing anything. Ohio State apologists are definitely not Reddit investigators.

I think the idea is they were both in South Florida on the 7th. Therefore Herman would have been there on the 8th together.

I honestly think the new dumbest thing I've heard in a long, long ass time is the phrase "Social Media Confirms." Like it's a fucking person. 

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'm not saying the B1G isn't a cesspool, but you are kidding yourself if you think there aren't other programs in other conferences with problems.

He doesn't claim that. The number of B1G schools dragged out into the light is substantial already. Don't kid yourself that they're the only ones in the B1G with problems.

Just now, kopp0e said:

No doubt, but at this point it's about what's prevalent in how much content is exposed in the B1G, either the league must do better cleaning up programs/ find a better way to hide...

Lovie Smith getting top 100 kids from Texas out to Illinois seems like a good candidate for next scandal.
I hope PJ Fleck is as wholesome and dorky as he seems.

2 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

And coaches, AD and Administrators wondering how to keep past shit hidden, or how to come clean after the coverup

No doubt, but at this point it's about what's prevalent in how much content is exposed in the B1G, either the league must do better cleaning up programs/ find a better way to hide...

2 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

It doesn't prove anything at all, but the dots aren't that hard to connect if you believe the report saying that ONE other OSU coach was out with Smith that night and they were both in the area the day before.  And yes, I think it would be odd if Smith tagged one coach in his post and left out others. 

Isn't it sort of accepted that Herman and Smith ran around together during their time on staff?

Again, I don't think this says anything negative about Herman.  He's clearly a guy who knows how to keep it under control.

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He doesn't claim that. The number of B1G schools dragged out into the light is substantial already. Don't kid yourself that they're the only ones in the B1G with problems.

Great hot take, and accurate as well... 😏

I totally get the connection and how that would be an easy conclusion to come to. But I guess my issue with that Twatter post claiming "proof" is a simple red-underline without any corroborating screenshots or anything showing Herman was also in Florida to see a recruit, which I imagine would be easy to incorporate if I gave enough of a damn -- just seems weird and incomplete. Like they wanna have the solution to show without doing the work.