2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

so during the game yesterday, they mentioned that our road era this season was 2.92, which seems pretty good.  we gave up 3 last night and 1 tonight, so that is probably down to 2.90 or so.

to put that in perspective, our staff era on the road would be 4th in the al in era (assuming you take our guys out of the rankings).  until his start yesterday, corey kluber was 4th in era at 2.93 (but now is lower).  so basically, when we go on the road, we have corey kluber pitching every inning of every game.

he may win the cy young this year.

crazy.

On 9/14/2018 at 1:58 PM, UTexasFight said:

Bad news: We’re losing the opener against Baltimore.

Good news: we’ll have clinched at 1am Eastern the night before after Oakland loses to the Mariners on the west coast.

I feel for the owner of the team hotel in Baltimore.

Seriously, a 5 game lead before the 4 game set in Baltimore starts is definitely doable.

I was really hoping they’d do it the last home game of the season but don’t see an 8 game lead with 7 to go happening.

Would have to pick up 4.5 games in the next 9 days.

from back on sept 14 when we were 3.5 games up.

don't know that I see Oakland losing tonight AND Astros losing tomorrow, but in case it does that's something to keep an eye on.

• Like 1