2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Scraps said:

Marwin isn't on this team for his bat. He's on the team cause he can play 7 positions. Just quit batting him 5th.

True. But you have to bat him somewhere. And this year, competition for the 9th spot in the order is fierce.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Marwin isn't on this team for his bat. He's on the team cause he can play 7 positions. Just quit batting him 5th.

All true.  But I'm starting to think of him as a double-switch guy.  That .303 with 23 HR last year was apparently a career year, and by a lot.

92 pitches thru 6 for jv.  the way he's pitching to weak contact (so many pop ups) today, instead of k's, i actually would've thought the count was lower.  unless he has a crazy efficient 7th, he's probably a 7 inning guy today.

i definitely throw devo in the 8th, then who?  i guess peacock only faced one dude, right?

if ever there was a time for a bloop and a blast, maybe let's do that.

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

pretty much made one mistake today (couple of our guys got walks or reached on error) and pitched 4 scoreless last time.  several low stress innings today.

12 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

german has looked pretty solid against us this season.  not sure what other teams are doing that we can't figure out.

As Sheriff Justice would say...German's got nothing to do with it.