Champions League 2018-2019

sidis

3 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I haven't seen the 2nd, but there isn't anything questionable about that first penalty, clear and obvious handball.

I don't understand the Spanish broadcast so didn't hear discussion. Just looked to me like the shot was moving too fast for him to get his arm out of the way. I know they review it so must have been convincing

To me the range is immaterial when your arm is that far out, you're in an unnatural position. But as far as he is out, he got what he deserved. He finds a way to get MORE in the way during the shot.

Spoilered for size:

Spoiler

The Shot

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-3-50-26-PM.png

Mid shot, arm is FURTHER OUT

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-3-50-41-PM.png

Gets hit her, trying to pull it in, way too late.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-20-at-3-50-54-PM.png

You have Ajax in triage after losing at home to Madrid?
Using margin of loss, away goals and going home or away as a metric:
Dead: ManU, Schalke, Ajax
Critical: Dortmund
Triage: Juve, Lyon
Flu like symptoms: Porto, Liverpool

Ajax out played them and real got luck...they are in triage because we dont know how bad of wounds they have...hence they are in triage. They could be mortally wounded they could have just a broken bone

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, Captain Ron said:

You have Ajax in triage after losing at home to Madrid?

Using margin of loss, away goals and going home or away as a metric:

Dead: ManU, Schalke, Ajax

Critical: Dortmund

Triage: Juve, Lyon

Flu like symptoms: Porto, Liverpool

Agreed, lol at Ajax "in triage". Ajax is done. Real will park the bus and probably still whip their ass at home. 

I'd say Dortmund is dead. Their form of late has been piss poor. I doubt they 3-0 or 4-1 Tottenham to get it to ET. 

I would also probably move Lyon to the critical tier. Needing to tie @Barcelona is brutal. I can't see Barca letting another draw happen (or losing). 

Agreed, lol at Ajax "in triage". Ajax is done. Real will park the bus and probably still whip their ass at home. 
I'd say Dortmund is dead. Their form of late has been piss poor. I doubt they 3-0 or 4-1 Tottenham to get it to ET. 
I would also probably move Lyon to the critical tier. Needing to tie @Barcelona is brutal. I can't see Barca letting another draw happen (or losing). 
Lol @ yall not knowing what in triage means... Ajax outplayed real and real got all the luck/bounces even admitted by real fans...in triage is where the wounds are assessed. So when i say in triage that means they could fall into any of the categories, we just dont know which one yet

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not like Spurs are coming in white hot, in case you missed it they were able to only get a well earned single point over their last 3 games.

I predict 4-1 Dortmund win, all the goals are OGs. Spurs advance on the lone road goal.

I understand triage, that isn't Ajax. They are not going to Madrid and winning by 2 goals. I don't think they will even score 2 goals.

Edited by Captain Ron

55 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Not like Spurs are coming in white hot, in case you missed it they were able to only get a well earned single point over their last 3 games.

I predict 4-1 Dortmund win, all the goals are OGs. Spurs advance on the lone road goal.

I understand triage, that isn't Ajax. They are not going to Madrid and winning by 2 goals. I don't think they will even score 2 goals.

Yeah Tottenham isn't some world beater but 3-0 is 3-0.

And yeah I just don't see Ajax pulling that one off. Ronaldo or not for Madrid. 

So you argue form for spurs but real doesnt get docked...real as been out scored 5-1 in last 3 recent meetings with barca and have no ramos

Yall must have not watched game and saw ajax hit the post and have VAR take away goal...i would not be surprised if ajax scored 2 if they play as well as game 1... yeah real could roll thats sports but to say ajax is done is ignoring first game and going on names alone

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

So you argue form for spurs but real doesnt get docked...real as been out scored 5-1 in last 3 recent meetings with barca and have no ramos

Yall must have not watched game and saw ajax hit the post and have VAR take away goal...i would not be surprised if ajax scored 2 if they play as well as game 1... yeah real could roll thats sports but to say ajax is done is ignoring first game and going on names alone

"Ignoring first game and going on names alone"

Except Real already went 2-1 playing away. So no, I am considering the first game, whether they got hosed or not.

And I am going to go on the name since they've won 3 straight titles. 

Ajax isn't Barca. 

The problem is Ajax and Atleti are the only 2 teams in the last month to let Madrid play counter attack football despite al metrics saying let Madrid have possession and counter attack through the middle until Casemiro fouls you or you score.

If I was Ajax I’d drop 10 behind the ball and let Madrid play the fringes looking for a counter attack.

All that said, Hala Madrid! It’s the only chance we have left this season...