Why did we bury Jerrod Heard alive?

MichaelUngar#1fan

Why? Can someone outline in detail for me exactly why he was ever benched and try to justify it alongside the countless WORSE performances we've seen from other QBs since?

Again, fuck so many of you who have been toting the "Give Sam some time" line for almost a year now. At least I don't ever have to read that shit anymore, regardless of what you think of my take on Heard's wasted talent. One more time: Fuck you if you ever said it, and you are part of the biggest problem at UT which is lack of a good QB (quite obv most important position in ALL of sports).

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

Because we've already got a QB who's wildly inaccurate and bails out to the right sideline when flushed, and Heard brings some value as a receiver.  

I did like the part where he caught a pass and came up cramping only to have the staff go up tempo and call a quick screen to him.  I have to wonder if anyone making play call and personnel decisions is actually watching the game or just consulting their play sheets.

Just now, MichaelUngar#1fan said:

You've just outed yourself as his equal. Incredibly narrow minded clueless football fan.

The dude is extremely limited as a passer, and has obvious tendencies in the run game. A halfway competent DC can shut him down, and we know this is true, because several of them did. You just outed yourself as an incredibly narrow minded, clueless football fan.

• Like 3

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

The dude is extremely limited as a passer, and has obvious tendencies in the run game. A halfway competent DC can shut him down, and we know this is true, because several of them did. You just outed yourself as an incredibly narrow minded, clueless football fan.

Sam can't throw worth a shit and Heard isn't as bad a passer as people think. 

F'n Stoops won the Big 12 with Paul Thompson, a WR, at QB 

• Like 1

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

He is 100x the passer Sam is. Fact. I put together the time clips of over 30 great touch/deep passes he made in his LIMITED time. I won't do it again, because fuck all of you idiots. But yeah, the footage exists. Fuck you one more time idiot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MichaelUngar#1fan said:

He is 100x the passer Sam is. Fact. I put together the time clips of over 30 great touch/deep passes he made in his LIMITED time. I won't do it again, because fuck all of you idiots. But yeah, the footage exists. Fuck you one more time idiot.

Good lord. Cherry pick much?

swoopes played the bulk of that 2015 game. Heard was the #2 Dual QB in the country right? 
In some places he was #1, ahead of guys like DeShawn Watson.

Who knows what could have happened if the young man actually had a coach with an IQ.

Heard should sue Strong, Watson, Herman, Beck for malpractice and mental anguish.

You know, one could put together a pretty impressive highlight clip of Sam's better moments, and 2/3's of them wouldn't come against Rice, KU and Cal.

Throwing second level lobs and RB screen passes are one thing.  Hitting the front shoulder of a WR screen, windows in zones, comebacks and crossing routes is quite another. Now, I'm a fan of a simplified collegiate offense, but I saw nothing from Heard as a passer outside of the Cal game that got me excited.  He was electric as a running QB.  Some of you might also recall that even in HS his playbook was very limited, and Strong and company had to visit his high school coach to figure out how to pair down the offense so that Heard could digest it.

He's not an answer for the Herman offense for a variety of reasons.

50 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

You know, one could put together a pretty impressive highlight clip of Sam's better moments, and 2/3's of them wouldn't come against Rice, KU and Cal.

Throwing second level lobs and RB screen passes are one thing.  Hitting the front shoulder of a WR screen, windows in zones, comebacks and crossing routes is quite another. Now, I'm a fan of a simplified collegiate offense, but I saw nothing from Heard as a passer outside of the Cal game that got me excited.  He was electric as a running QB.  Some of you might also recall that even in HS his playbook was very limited, and Strong and company had to visit his high school coach to figure out how to pair down the offense so that Heard could digest it.

He's not an answer for the Herman offense for a variety of reasons.

then put together a video and let's compare. I think JH would be better than Sam's.  Heard throws a better tighter ball. 

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

then put together a video and let's compare. I think JH would be better than Sam's.  Heard throws a better tighter ball. 

The shit that’s passed by my way implies it’s a problem connecting his upstairs with his wheels. He’s a smart kid but super instinctive player. Idk, that’s just what I’ve heard

59 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Really?  That’s your contention? Heard throws a better spiral and therefore is a better passer?

he can’t read a defense and his tighter spirals were still wildly inaccurate on the passes where accuracy matters most. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Really?  That’s your contention? Heard throws a better spiral and therefore is a better passer?

he can’t read a defense and his tighter spirals were still wildly inaccurate on the passes where accuracy matters most. 

Sam is inaccurate and hasn't improved a bit.  Heard is better than Sam, easily. 

36 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Sam is inaccurate and hasn't improved a bit.  Heard is better than Sam, easily. 

You’re not gonna catch me defending Sam at QB, but converting a WR back to QB who s also a terrible passer and has spent zero time in the QB room learning the offense is the definition of asinine. Better to hand the keys to Rising if that’s your contention. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bobby_Batronic said:

You’re not gonna catch me defending Sam at QB, but converting a WR back to QB who s also a terrible passer and has spent zero time in the QB room learning the offense is the definition of asinine. Better to hand the keys to Rising if that’s your contention. 

he's not a terrible passer and is an upgrade from Sam. A WR knows the passing schemes, and as a SR he'll do better than anyone on the team. 

• Like 2