do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Tired from trying to get backstage at Mumford and sons by claiming you’re one of the son’s cousin’s friend from Canada?  I feel rested but my legs are sore as hell.  

it is ‘gamble’.   

csb/ this morning my youngest is asking about shapes, it’s the theme this week at preschool   So I draw some three-dimensional shapes  for her lunchbox note.  Wife can’t help herself, “oh what can you draw, a cube?  A house with smoke coming out of the chimney?”  I replied, “have we talked about this before?  I think we’ve had this same discussion.  We both chuckle, daughter is most confused.  For the best I didn’t draw the pig’s other complaint.  

there was actually a lot of fruit discussion in Seinfeld.  Hampton tomatoes, the fruit stand return policy, the B12 mango, the citrus pulp in the eye, etc

• Hook 'Em 1

George Costanza: “That’s pie country. They do a lot of baking up there.”

Jerry Seinfeld: “They sell them by the side of the road. Blueberry blackberry.”

George: “Blackberry boysenberry.”

Jerry: “Boysenberry huckleberry.”

George: “Huckleberry raspberry.”

Jerry: “Raspberry strawberry.”

George: “Strawberry cranberry.”

Jerry: “Peach.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The peaches, "If you can't taste 'em, why waste 'em?  Why not give 'em to me?"

I think it was all one contiguous scene when Elaine was rifling through Jerry's fridge for fruit, "What about a plum?  I would absolutely kill for a plum right now?"  Then she settles on a banana when Jerry starts proposing to her.  It's sexy the way she eats it but then she keeps it all garbled up in her mouth so she doesn't have to talk while Jerry's saying all that serious shit?  Then she goes, "Ha, what?  Yeah, I'll be right there.  I got a lot going with uh, Lipman.  And uh, yeah...him too."  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, she pulled that card a few times.  And looked so cute doing it.  Jerry did it successfully a few times as well.  Kramer, on the other hand, tried the opposite approach-inserting himself into situations in which he was not welcomed.  And then there was George.  Whenever he tried to get out of something, somebody would call him out, usually Peterman.  

55 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, she pulled that card a few times.  And looked so cute doing it.  Jerry did it successfully a few times as well.  Kramer, on the other hand, tried the opposite approach-inserting himself into situations in which he was not welcomed.  And then there was George.  Whenever he tried to get out of something, somebody would call him out, usually Peterman.  

I don't believe that for a minute.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Hey, another round of strawberry for me and my friends!

When I rewatch there are always fun cultural things of the time that I find interesting. I remember the "fat free" craze where people forgot that they still have loads of sugar and calories that need to be burned off to actually lose weight, lol. I remember eating the shit out of "fat free" Snackwells thinking they weren't bad for my health. I still find it odd that they attributed their weight gain to there actually being fat and not the sugar and calories. (ps no intent to derail here, there's a thread about fat people I think for the in depth discussion).

Edited by 'stache

51 minutes ago, 'stache said:

When I rewatch there are always fun cultural things of the time that I find interesting. I remember the "fat free" craze where people forgot that they still have loads of sugar and calories that need to be burned off to actually lose weight, lol. I remember eating the shit out of "fat free" Snackwells thinking they weren't bad for my health. I still find it odd that they attributed their weight gain to there actually being fat and not the sugar and calories. (ps no intent to derail here, there's a thread about fat people I think for the in depth discussion).

Hey, fatso I got a 90 in biology.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1