do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

It took me several episodes of Brockmire to realize that was the same actor as the Wiz!  Guy went on a really well-rounded acting career (Halt & Catch Fire, Righteous Gemstones, Beavis & Butthead, and a buncha great movie roles.  

A criminally underrated episode of an Elaine boyfriend that I never see in syndication, only on my DVDs.  The married guy who lives in the shitty apartment who she thinks might secretely be a superhero.

I dunno.  There's about a dozen episodes I have never once seen on television.  Probably just random timing is all.  And I never saw them live as they aired, so only saw them on DVD's years/decades later.  It wasn't until about ten years ago that I finally saw my last "original" episode.  Most of them I've seen several times.  I didn't start watching the show until I was in college so first three+ seasons were completely unknown to me.  I didn't see them until after the show's run had ended when it was air twice a night on FoxAustin.  But between a few episodes of Seasons 2 & 3 and then a handful from 4-9, there was probably 10-12 I never saw until 10 years after the finale and I started buying the DvD sets.  

I think "The Smelly Car" was the last episode I ever had to discover and that was about ten years ago.  It's a very weak episode to boot.  

I believe there's still a handful of 'curbs' I've never as well.  When that show sadly finishes airing, I plan to go back and binge watch the whole series one summer.  Hard to believe it first aired almost 25 years ago.  

26 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It took me several episodes of Brockmire to realize that was the same actor as the Wiz!  Guy went on a really well-rounded acting career (Halt & Catch Fire, Righteous Gemstones, Beavis & Butthead, and a buncha great movie roles.  

A criminally underrated episode of an Elaine boyfriend that I never see in syndication, only on my DVDs.  The married guy who lives in the shitty apartment who she thinks might secretely be a superhero.

He’s the Got No Green Lantern. 

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It is. Most episodes have 3 plotlines/stories and at least 2 of them are great. This one focused on the car/smell/BO and a brief bit with Lesbian Susan/Video store. "Rochelle, Rochelle" is the only memorable thing about it.

The guy who steals the car at the end always looked like Balki to me. 

6 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Didn't realize my typo until the superhero talk.  You guys are slipping.  Secrete instead of secret?  I mean, Lois Lube was right there! 

I find myself identifying more with dark 'n disturbed Jerry lately in 2023 for myriad reasons.  Not everything is so jokey with me anymore.  Probably why they call her the Shark.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Didn't realize my typo until the superhero talk.  You guys are slipping.  Secrete instead of secret?  I mean, Lois Lube was right there! 

I find myself identifying more with dark 'n disturbed Jerry lately in 2023 for myriad reasons.  Not everything is so jokey with me anymore.  Probably why they call her the Shark.

Happy Birthday?  No such thing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, an old roommate of mine who loves Seinfeld almost as much as we do pointed it out to me earlier.  His theory is I'm more like that Jerry version lately because while I still have the same sense of humor, I'm now struggling through being around people socially, in a different state of mind than me, and it's taking me awhile to adjust so I'm coming across even more dry.  I couldn't help by think, "You know...we relate everything back to Seinfeld in some way but this is a pretty heavy topic to be connecting to a sitcom considering I am still going through a midlife re-wire. But goddamit, if he's not right.  You want dark and disturbed?  I'm the genuine article!"  

Of course, I also gave a few people my Costanza speech of "So that's it.  My deepest, darkest secrets.  And everything that I'm capable of." met with a buncha, "Whoah, good with all that.  I think you scared me straight" responses. 

I think I'm gonna develop a support group based entire on Seinfeld tropes.  Gotta work better than the truth?!?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, an old roommate of mine who loves Seinfeld almost as much as we do pointed it out to me earlier.  His theory is I'm more like that Jerry version lately because while I still have the same sense of humor, I'm now struggling through being around people socially, in a different state of mind than me, and it's taking me awhile to adjust so I'm coming across even more dry.  I couldn't help by think, "You know...we relate everything back to Seinfeld in some way but this is a pretty heavy topic to be connecting to a sitcom considering I am still going through a midlife re-wire. But goddamit, if he's not right.  You want dark and disturbed?  I'm the genuine article!"  

Of course, I also gave a few people my Costanza speech of "So that's it.  My deepest, darkest secrets.  And everything that I'm capable of." met with a buncha, "Whoah, good with all that.  I think you scared me straight" responses. 

I think I'm gonna develop a support group based entire on Seinfeld tropes.  Gotta work better than the truth?!?  

Yeah, I'm in.  

27 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

81b8c1cd-1170-4662-b69a-4da8a45ff0eb_tex

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Fiber from shirt on left shoulder.  I'm going to keep my eye on that.

Remember Kramer, aka Dr. Von Nostrand, writes down these notes about Krueger...it is not overly mentioned but we are to recall a similar patient write-up.  One season earlier, when Elaine requests to see her patient file...only to be dismissed.  And Kramer must fake being a doctor long before being a Julliard-trained dermatologist.  When he fails, they get a chart on him.  But he comes roaring back at Krueger Industrial Smoothing.  In that same episode, we learn...or don't learn...as it were...what an IRS write-off is.  As real life would have it, we're watching real life high-level fraud unfold in Manhattan.  SIMULATIon, JERRY!!!!

In all fairness to your friend, his real name in real life is Peter Wood, or Pierre Cardin in French.  And he wasn't that drunk, he was just trying to impress some girls with his French 102F.  Be a good wing man next time, not so fucking judgmental.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I had a friend in college that got really drunk one night and started calling himself Pierre Cardin. It stuck and we called him that at parties from there on out. That scene always cracks me up.

oh, and oh yeah...also..............

WE'RE GOING TO A CATERED AFFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, there is no shortage of mid-century comedic actors brought onto 80s/90s/2000s sitcoms and they would try to go too big and fuck up a scene, or even the chemistry of the whole episode or seasonal arc in some desperate ploy to appeal to a wider network audience.  And Jerry Stiller could have easily been another one of those mistakes.  But I don't know how to describe what it is he brought to that show, which was doing just fine without him, but he brought it in spades.  Anybody else screams out this line and I'm shutting the TV off in disdain, but Frank Costanza comes heavy with this and I cry myself to sleep in laughter, "COUPE d' ELEGANCE!"  

Show me who the fuck else can do that, just fucking try...