SWA flight full of measles

midtown

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fucking anti-vaxxers.

My kid isn't allowed to bring peanuts to school because he might sicken an allergic kid.

How about your kid isn't allowed to bring communicable diseases to school, on planes, etc.?

I have one simple proposal: you can opt out of vaccines.  But if, due to that decision, you/your child contracts a vaccine-preventable illness, and transmits it to another person, you will be held both civilly and criminally liable for assault causing serious bodily injury.  Deal?  You can do whatever the fuck you want with your body, but when you use that to transmit a deadly pathogen to me or my family, you are legally responsible.  That's the way a law-and-order society works.

Exactly.  They also need a separate insurance pool so they pay more.  And there should be no publicly funded medical assistance if they or their children get the disease.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have one simple proposal: you can opt out of vaccines.  But if, due to that decision, you/your child contracts a vaccine-preventable illness, and transmits it to another person, you will be held both civilly and criminally liable for assault causing serious bodily injury.  Deal?  You can do whatever the fuck you want with your body, but when you use that to transmit a deadly pathogen to me or my family, you are legally responsible.  That's the way a law-and-order society works.

Well....if you and your children are vaccinated you shouldn't have nothing to worry about.

edit: however, I'm not saying you are wrong 

Edited by mycox

Fucking anti-vaxxers.
My kid isn't allowed to bring peanuts to school because he might sicken an allergic kid.
How about your kid isn't allowed to bring communicable diseases to school, on planes, etc.?

Yea because all peanut allergic kids are anti vaxxers.

40 minutes ago, mycox said:

Well....if you and your children are vaccinated you shouldn't have nothing to worry about.

edit: however, I'm not saying you are wrong 

Except what you say IS wrong.  Vaccines are not 100% effective.  My kids are fully vaccinated, but some numbnuts transmitted pertussis to my teenage son earlier this year.

I have all my vaccinations, but am still at some small percentage risk of everything I got a vaccine for.  How about we don't have people leaving themselves wide open to becoming the virus vector that sickens those of us who may somehow be vulnerable?

They are MOST effective when everyone gets them, lowering the presence of the virus and thus its transmission risk. 

11 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:
Fucking anti-vaxxers.

Yea because all peanut allergic kids are anti vaxxers.

That's not where I was going with that.  Like, AT ALL.  I'm not arguing with the "no peanuts at school" thing -- I get that, for some kids, it's a huge risk/danger.  SO, we have decided to ban vectors of that risk (other kids with peanuts in their lunch).  Some kids are at risk from communicable diseases (vaccine didn't work, they can't receive a vaccine because of a real health reason, etc.), but we ALLOW vectors of that risk (anti-vaxxers) to bring that risk to them.  It's inconsistent.

I will never vaccinate my children, Jaxxon, Brynnlee, and Ashtyn because vaccines have heavy metals in them that cause all kinds of disorders. I'd rather them get measles than autism. Also if everyone else is vaccinated then my angels don't need to be vaccinated too because where are they going to get polio from anyways?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I will never vaccinate my children, Jaxxon, Brynnlee, and Ashtyn because vaccines have heavy metals in them that cause all kinds of disorders. I'd rather them get measles than autism. Also if everyone else is vaccinated then my angels don't need to be vaccinated too because where are they going to get polio from anyways?

please tell me you copied and pasted that shit from your facebook feed.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

that's good bait.  Let's see how many you catch. 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Well done.  

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

This is how the terrorists are finally going to get us.  They'll just send a bunch of Ebola infected people flying around the country on Southwest.

You joke, but a supervirus intentionally spread could end up wiping out tens of millions.  That shit could happen.

Can I interest you in some Essential Oils to replace the vaccines?

• Haha 1

This is so clearly fake as shit.

Everyone knows you spell it "Brynnleigh."

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

fuck social media. 

dipshit stay at home moms are adhering to the bullshit advice of their equally stupid facebook friends and not listening to doctors and years of proven practice.  

Don't blame this shit on home schoolers.  We home school and my kids have gotten all of their vaccinations.  Anti-vaxxers are just fucking idiots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Don't blame this shit on home schoolers.  We home school and my kids have gotten all of their vaccinations.  Anti-vaxxers are just fucking idiots.

Everyone knows that the last generations home schooled kids are this generations anti-vaxxer parents.

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Except what you say IS wrong.  Vaccines are not 100% effective.  My kids are fully vaccinated, but some numbnuts transmitted pertussis to my teenage son earlier this year.

I have all my vaccinations, but am still at some small percentage risk of everything I got a vaccine for.  How about we don't have people leaving themselves wide open to becoming the virus vector that sickens those of us who may somehow be vulnerable?

They are MOST effective when everyone gets them, lowering the presence of the virus and thus its transmission risk. 

That's not where I was going with that.  Like, AT ALL.  I'm not arguing with the "no peanuts at school" thing -- I get that, for some kids, it's a huge risk/danger.  SO, we have decided to ban vectors of that risk (other kids with peanuts in their lunch).  Some kids are at risk from communicable diseases (vaccine didn't work, they can't receive a vaccine because of a real health reason, etc.), but we ALLOW vectors of that risk (anti-vaxxers) to bring that risk to them.  It's inconsistent.

gotcha, I read it like "you keep my kid from bringing nuts to school and now your kid brings x disease to school too"