Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

On 3/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, Mileslong said:

So many times the Stars would enter the playoffs as the favorite, in fact i don't know when they weren't the favorite in the first round. Often they would get beat by a lesser team that played good defense and got great goal tending and beat the starts even though they had the better and more explosive team. The LA Kings and Blues won with teams like this current Stars version.  Grinders usually win in the playoffs

They will start on the road for sure so this road warrior mentality now is perfect. 

you got any thoughts of your own on this?  or you just gonna type out the transcript from the radio?  unoriginal schmuck. 

you got any thoughts of your own on this?  or you just gonna type out the transcript from the radio?  unoriginal schmuck. 
When they played Anaheim a couple years ago they were not the favorite.

Man how come you always pop up on this thread just to spew some negativity. I don't know what going on in your life so it's not fair for me to judge you, but I hope whatever it is it works out.
  • Like 4

Listen up you stupid fuck. That isn’t what razor said at all. He said nothing about LA, or the blues just that no one wants to play them. That’s the only thing that’s similar to what I said. So do us all a favor and go _____ yourself

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

Listen up you stupid fuck. That isn’t what razor said at all. He said nothing about LA, or the blues just that no one wants to play them. That’s the only thing that’s similar to what I said. So do us all a favor and go _____ yourself

that’s all well and good but when I quote something verbatim from the ticket I don’t try to pass it off as my own idea.  that’s disgraceful and you should be ashamed. 

that’s all well and good but when I quote something verbatim from the ticket I don’t try to pass it off as my own idea.  that’s disgraceful and you should be ashamed. 

It wasn’t verbatim, not even close. You need to get a life, seriously. Listen to less radio and quit being a miserable fuck

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Glad you admit it, now go back to making the rest of the world miserable with your presence.

dude all I did was check you for plagiarizing a ticket segment, it’s not that big of a deal.  just stick to your own material and we can avoid you getting all twisted up when someone calls you on your bullsh. 

dude all I did was check you for plagiarizing a ticket segment, it’s not that big of a deal.  just stick to your own material and we can avoid you getting all twisted up when someone calls you on your bullsh. 

This thread has been officially futured, sorry boys

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

This thread has been officially futured, sorry boys

nope.  I hate assholes that pawn ticket talking points off as their own.  a friend of mine does it all the time and it’s maddening.  it’s not hard, just say “oh and on the ticket this morning so-and-so said...” and then proceed with what you were going to say.  

On 3/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, Mileslong said:

So many times the Stars would enter the playoffs as the favorite, in fact i don't know when they weren't the favorite in the first round. Often they would get beat by a lesser team that played good defense and got great goal tending and beat the starts even though they had the better and more explosive team. The LA Kings and Blues won with teams like this current Stars version.  Grinders usually win in the playoffs

They will start on the road for sure so this road warrior mentality now is perfect. 

Went and looked it up. Here are the Stars' post-season appearances going back to the Cup year:

• 1999 (#1 in West, division champ) -- Stanley Cup Champion
  • 2000 (#3 in West, division champ) -- Stanley Cup Runnerup
  • 2001 (#3 in West, division champ) -- beaten by #4 STL in the second round
  • 2003 (#1 in West, division champ) -- beaten by #7 ANA in the second round
  • 2004 (#5 in West, 2nd in division) -- beaten by #4 COL in the first round
  • 2006 (#2 in West, division champ) -- beaten by #7 COL in the first round
  • 2007 (#6 in West, 3rd in division) -- beaten by #3 VAN in the first round (Note: the Stars tied for 4th in West in total points, tied with Sharks -- who won tie-breaker with Stars for #5 -- and two more than Canucks, who won the Northwest Division and earned auto #3 seed)
  • 2008 (#5 in West, 3rd in division) -- beaten by #1 DET in the conference finals
  • 2014 (#8 in West, 5th in division, 2nd WC) -- beaten by #1 ANA in first round
  • 2016 (#1 in West, division champ) -- beaten by #2 STL in the second round

2003 and 2006 are the only real face-plants that stand out. I was the backup beat writer for the FWST in 2003. The path was cleared to the Finals but that's the year Guerin had the weird thigh (compartment syndrome) injury late in the season. He came back for the series against the Ducks IIRC but he wasn't the player he was during the regular season. The Stars lost Game 1 in the fifth OT and it had a lingering effect on the rest of the series. Still, if the Stars could've gotten Game 6 in Anaheim there's no way they would've lost Game 7 back home at that point. The Ducks beat the Wild in the WCF and then lost to NJ in the Finals. The Stars should've gotten to the Finals that year but Giguere -- and his over-sized pads -- were terrific.

2006 was odd in that the Avalanche were probably a lot better than their record. According to Hockey Reference, the Avalanche were 5th of 30 NHL teams in SRS. The Stars were 3rd so they were probably a lot more evenly-matched than the teams' point totals indicated.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Yeah. Stars clinch tomorrow night as long as they don’t lose in regulation. 

I know we clinch tomorrow with a win or tie -- was just asking if there was anything that could happen tonight that would clinch before we take the ice tomorrow night. I don't think so after Arizona won.

1 minute ago, vtaenz said:

I can't believe this game isn't on in Austin. An unimportant game of 182312312 baseball Rangers and Astros game, I get it but come on there will be a lot more.

Spurs game on tv... they already clinched.

I've watched a few games this season on that firstrowsports or whatever site.