Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Between working late and BS at the house I didn't have an undisturbed viewing of the game. It's one of the times I've been very glad that they are on the littlest of Tickets. I still haven't seen that goal from Lindell. 

I don't know what to expect from this year. Feels like they have been paying dues all year. They didn't get here without a lot of BS. I damn sure didn't go into the season thinking that they were going to contend for defensive honors. 

Is it really just down to Heiskanen? I heard Bob put down to that. Julie chimed in that Hitch got them playing D and the advent of the kid meant everyone else was where they ought to be. 

I'm damn sure glad they didn't trade him. 

That stroll down memory lane was bittersweet @C-Man. Go back the year before the cup too. Niewy getting hurt by that fucking goon Marchment was one of the worst coulda woulda maybes I've ever had to experience. Fuck Detroit and SJ forever. With a lot of extra fuck off for mouth breathing drooler Brian goddamn Marchment. 

• Like 1

That was some serious style to ease into the playoffs.  No backing-in for this team.

The Flames look like they've gotten their shit together the last three games since we beat them.  I don't think I want any part of them. 

I'd much rather play the Jets.  They're struggling down the stretch.  But they're struggling so badly that they may not get the 1 seed; that may go to the Preds.

Between working late and BS at the house I didn't have an undisturbed viewing of the game. It's one of the times I've been very glad that they are on the littlest of Tickets. I still haven't seen that goal from Lindell. 
I don't know what to expect from this year. Feels like they have been paying dues all year. They didn't get here without a lot of BS. I damn sure didn't go into the season thinking that they were going to contend for defensive honors. 
Is it really just down to Heiskanen? I heard Bob put down to that. Julie chimed in that Hitch got them playing D and the advent of the kid meant everyone else was where they ought to be. 
That stroll down memory lane was bittersweet [mention=298]C-Man[/mention]. Go back the year before the cup too. Niewy getting hurt by that fucking goon Marchment was one of the worst coulda woulda maybes I've ever had to experience. Fuck Detroit and SJ forever. With a lot of extra fuck off for mouth breathing drooler Brian goddamn Marchment. 

That fucker is my most hated player of all time. No skill, just a goon who would try to take out other teams stars. Also took out modano and some other players, I remember one from the Habs with his fucking knee. Guy was a piece of shit.

I hated everything about that sharks team. Always respected the Wings but the sharks were scumbags from coach on down.

That stroll down memory lane was bittersweet [mention=298]C-Man[/mention]. Go back the year before the cup too. Niewy getting hurt by that fucking goon Marchment was one of the worst coulda woulda maybes I've ever had to experience. Fuck Detroit and SJ forever. With a lot of extra fuck off for mouth breathing drooler Brian goddamn Marchment. 

Forgot about Marchment/Nieuwendyk

Stars-red wings games in reunion arena are my all time favorite hockey memories. My dad is from the Detroit area so we went to at least 2 of those games a year (he’s a star’s fan 1st and wings fan 2nd thankfully). So much talent and violence on the ice and cheap beer drank by the fans. 

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

That fucker is my most hated player of all time. No skill, just a goon who would try to take out other teams stars. Also took out modano and some other players, I remember one from the Habs with his fucking knee. Guy was a piece of shit.

I hated everything about that sharks team. Always respected the Wings but the sharks were scumbags from coach on down.

I respected the Redwings but just like the damnyankees I sports hate them with every fiber of my being. 

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Stars-red wings games in reunion arena are my all time favorite hockey memories. My dad is from the Detroit area so we went to at least 2 of those games a year (he’s a star’s fan 1st and wings fan 2nd thankfully). So much talent and violence on the ice and cheap beer drank by the fans. 

mine are Dallas/Avalanche games.  my all-time moment might be when Reunion broke into "Eddie's better! duh-duh-duhduhduh Eddie's better!" while Patrick Roy sat in the crease dejected after the Stars won game 7 to go to the Stanley Cup Finals.

i miss that old barn.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

mine are Dallas/Avalanche games.  my all-time moment might be when Reunion broke into "Eddie's better! duh-duh-duhduhduh Eddie's better!" while Patrick Roy sat in the crease dejected after the Stars won game 7 to go to the Stanley Cup Finals.

i miss that old barn.

I was at that game as well. Fun night, thanks to mike keane. 

16 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Was that the game that Ray Bourque damn near slipped in a late game-tying shot from the point with a couple seconds left?

The one I was at was 1999 and ended 4-1.  I think Dallas got 3 in the first and it was a huge party after that, including my DART ride back to park lane. 

7 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If you want access to presale playoff tickets here are the details:

The Stars are encouraging fans to sign up for free Stars Insider emails at DallasStars.com/Insider. Those who do so will qualify for the playoff pre-sale, which begins Thursday, April 4 at 10 a.m. 

I signed up but haven't received anything specific about the pre-sale yet.  Have others?

3 hours ago, futureman said:

no.

The only point I've agreed with futureman on this entire thread.

I don't think they hand out coy for 7th in the west, unless he brings home a conference championship or cup.

Edited by vtaenz

It's really fluid. At the start today the top 3 were tied at 94? I don't know when or where and I don't think we will know for certain until after the weekend. 

Jets 96
Preds 96
Blues 95
Stars 91

All have two games to go. Jets have tie-breaker over all. Preds and Blues have same number of ROWs, I think. One more point for StL and the Stars are locked into first WC, yes?

46 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Jets 96
Preds 96
Blues 95
Stars 91

All have two games to go. Jets have tie-breaker over all. Preds and Blues have same number of ROWs, I think. One more point for StL and the Stars are locked into first WC, yes?

Sounds good to me. Steal some home ice. They are all dangerous. I don't care who right now. It's going to be tough. 

Fuck it. Show up and skate the hell out of them 

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Thanks. When I tried just guessing I tried victorygreen and starsinsider. Was close to guessing it. 

Playoff tickets are the best. 

That last run was such a blast but seems so long ago. I think I went to 2 games each series. My wife was pregnant with our first at the time and now we have 2 (one a newborn). Haven't told her I just bought tix yet.  We'll have to find the right time as I'm changing a diaper or something. LOL.

4 hours ago, vtaenz said:

I dislike this playoff format. I would prefer top two seeds are division champs and then the next best 6.
Go ahead and do the top seed plays the lowest seed every round.

I'm not a fan either. It's not as cut-and-dried as it used to be. Though I do like the division match-ups in the first round, reminds me of the way it used to be in the 80's. Saw today that the #2 and #4 point-leaders in the East (Boston and Toronto) are going to play in the first round. Then, because the league no longer re-seeds after the opening round the winner will get #1 Tampa in Round 2. Not re-seeding will help the Stars if we wind can upset the #2 in the first round. That means we'd get the winner of the #4-#5 match-up (probably NSH-STL) in the second round.

At any rate, the NHLPA and the NHL just agreed today to extend the current format at least one more year. There's some thought the two sides of kicking the can down the road until the Seattle franchise starts playing year after next.

41 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I'm not a fan either. It's not as cut-and-dried as it used to be. Though I do like the division match-ups in the first round, reminds me of the way it used to be in the 80's. Saw today that the #2 and #4 point-leaders in the East (Boston and Toronto) are going to play in the first round. Then, because the league no longer re-seeds after the opening round the winner will get #1 Tampa in Round 2. Not re-seeding will help the Stars if we wind can upset the #2 in the first round. That means we'd get the winner of the #4-#5 match-up (probably NSH-STL) in the second round.

At any rate, the NHLPA and the NHL just agreed today to extend the current format at least one more year. There's some thought the two sides of kicking the can down the road until the Seattle franchise starts playing year after next.

giphy.gif

Sorry -- I fucked that up. If we wind up as the #1 WC, basically the #7 seed and somehow knock off the #2 we would get the #3-#6 winner in the second round (like San Jose-Vegas at this point).

So- If they play a 2-2-1-1-1 format and start on the road, I would guess our first home game might happen Sunday 4/14 at the earliest. Does that sound about right?

I want to get up to Dallas for the game and just trying to guess what my schedule might look like. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit
Spell sheck

Playoffs probably start Wednesday so their first game is prob wed or Thurs. 2nd game could be any time from Friday to Sunday depending if they don't want to have games Friday and have all game 2s on weekend. Game 3 could be any time from Sunday to Tuesday I'd think. Could be wrong. Have game 3 tickets and am kind of hoping for weekday so I can call in and go early for the party plaza

7 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Playoffs probably start Wednesday so their first game is prob wed or Thurs. 2nd game could be any time from Friday to Sunday depending if they don't want to have games Friday and have all game 2s on weekend. Game 3 could be any time from Sunday to Tuesday I'd think. Could be wrong. Have game 3 tickets and am kind of hoping for weekday so I can call in and go early for the party plaza

This isn't the NBA. In the eight first-round series last year, there were only five instances where teams went more than one day in between games. All of those were two-day layoffs and *I think* only two of those occurred in the first four games of the series (WSH-CLB and PIT-PEN). This year's playoffs start on Wed, April 10. Odds are the Stars will play road games on 4/10 and 4/12 or 4/11 and 4/13, putting them back in Dallas for Games 3 and 4 on 4/14 and 4/16 or 4/15 and 4/17.

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

This isn't the NBA. In the eight first-round series last year, there were only five instances where teams went more than one day in between games. All of those were two-day layoffs and *I think* only two of those occurred in the first four games of the series (WSH-CLB and PIT-PEN). This year's playoffs start on Wed, April 10. Odds are the Stars will play road games on 4/10 and 4/12 or 4/11 and 4/13, putting them back in Dallas for Games 3 and 4 on 4/14 and 4/16 or 4/15 and 4/17.

That's the same thing I said. I said game 3 would be sometime Sunday through Tuesday. You said game 3 14th or 15th. Sunday is the 14th. It all depends on the day they play and if the NHL wants to do playoff games on Friday or skip friday and do all weekend game 2s. 

Edited by Junior Miller

43 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'm ready for the playoffs. 

That barely kept my attention. 

That was a breathe game. Clinched their spot last game so they took a breath this one. Now they got their ass kicked so they can refocus to kick Minnesota ass as a tune up game for game 1. 

19 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

That's the same thing I said. I said game 3 would be sometime Sunday through Tuesday. You said game 3 14th or 15th. Sunday is the 14th. It all depends on the day they play and if the NHL wants to do playoff games on Friday or skip friday and do all weekend game 2s. 

What I mean is the NBA is notorious for shit like FRI-SUN-THUR-SAT in the first round. It's beyond aggravating.