Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Bet you wouldn't have seen these three names at that complex a decade or so ago. 

A 24-year-old, who lived at the same apartment complex where two people were killed Friday morning, has been charged on suspicion of capital murder.

According to police records Saturday, Abram Orozco, was charged with indecent exposure and is also being held on a capital murder of multiple persons charge connected to the death of two men at a southwest Fort Worth apartment complex.

The fatal shooting occurred around 7 a.m. at the Club at Stonegate Apartments.

Police found two men dead at the apartment complex, who were later identified as 38-year-old Pascual Hinojoza Cano and 29-year-old Eduardo Ivan Ceballos Morin by the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Friday, responding officers said they found Orozco in the vicinity, but that he was arrested for an outstanding warrant unrelated to the shooting.

Court records also indicated that Orozco lived at the Club at Stonegate Apartments.

The 24-year-old is being held on $500,000 bond for capital murder charge and $750 for the indecent exposure charge.

Orozco’s arrest warrant wasn’t available Saturday.

Did I miss why MML is moving? 

The 38-year-old Cowtown Farmers’ Market has lost its Benbrook Traffic Circle location and will be moving again in August, the second farmers’ market in west Fort Worth to close within a month.

The Cowtown market, 3821 Southwest Blvd., is one of few featuring solely regional vendors and regionally grown produce. It’s looking for a new home again after the host shopping center changed hands, according to the market’s Facebook post.

The 55-year-old Edelweiss Restaurant will continue as an anchor, and the Magnolia Motor Lounge bar will move to the center from the West 7th area, according to a spokesman for new owner Mopac Management. 

Busy B’s Bakery, a kolache and cinnamon roll shop, is also expected to continue in the center, built in 1960 by developers of the Ridglea and Ridglea Hills retail center and neighborhood.

The move by the Cowtown market follows the June 1 sale and closing of the Ridgmar Farmers’ Market and Cowtown BBQ nearby at 900 Texas 183 in White Settlement near Ridgmar Mall. That market was operated for years by Hutton Farms of Weatherford.

Guess they'll be in the Royal Falcon/BBQ on the Brazos failed spot. Weird. 

16 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

anybody been to or have thoughts on Funky Picnic?  didn't see anything when i searched. thinking of going there with a big group in a few weeks.  looks really cool.

https://www.funkypicnicbrewery.com/food

Went there last week. They played exclusively early 2000's emo punk, had decent beers, pretty bad wings, and bad service.

Fort Brewery, Hopfusion better spots for a group hangout. 

Edited by fellside
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/14/2022 at 3:28 PM, ss13 said:

This seems to happen often when someone leaves their only known profession. 

Mike was a friend and Fort Worth treasure.  EVERY Saturday, especially when Peter Schroeder sold the Old Neighborhood Grill, the wife and I would meet another couple for breakfast.  Mike always came by our table, had some of the worst Dad jokes which he offered, and was never pretentious/over inflated ego/dollar driven.  Sadly, he sold in April but continued to come down frequently and didn't live long enough after the sale to enjoy his retirement.  I shall miss seeing him but will enjoy telling stories at his memorial.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Question for the westside crew 15+ years ago... There was a shiny new pool hall in the strip center between Spring Creek & EC. Bar as soon as you walked in, bank of TVs above, then a rectangular row of pool tables as you walked further back, mirrors on at least one wall. It was actually nice, but that side of town already had Rusty’s & JJ Dakota’s, so it lasted maybe 6 months. 

Anyone have a fucking clue what it was called? Want to say it had Pockets, or something other billiards-related in the name. 

Hit up Lisa’s on 80 for some fish & tenders. Food slammed, but goddamn that side of town is a shithole. And I went to Western Hills. 

That shack on Williams Rd that has been 47 different things over the years (Hazards with the driving range wasn’t terrible) is now literally called The Bar. Bet they have some pretty clientele. 

Dayne's might have found a sweet spot with this location. I detoured to camp bowie when headed to Leonard's, line has been consistently long. I've been to the Lola's location maybe five times, I dont remember the line being this long. 

We're doing well. 

Son, DiL, and grandkids came down yesterday for a surprise visit and wanted to go down to see the fireworks, so we hustled Dow, parked and took a position on the river bank.

The crowd was getting grumpy in the heat. I’ve never seen an event with so many folks shooting so many fireworks the whole length of the river. I’m talking folks who brought hundreds of dollars of them to shoot before and during the official fireworks. Cops did nothing, even though the grass in the banks was dry kindling. We left mid through as the little ones weren’t enjoying it. Glad we did.

We parked in the Christ Chapel parking lot closest to I-30 and Mongomery at 8:30pm.  Were able to see the Colonial/Rivercrest/Concerts in the Garden fireworks and get out via the tollway in 15 minutes.  Saw six firetrucks rushing toward downtown and heard about the fire on the Trinity.  Got home just in time to hear armageddon from 10pm until after 2am all around us.  Nextdoor is littered with stories/pictures of fires burning in surrounding neighborhoods.  Guess it's going to take a home getting burnt up to get the sale of pyrotechnics outlawed, which is more effective than issuing a ban that is not going to be enforced.

My neighborhood was quieter than the last two years. The. Street behind me is usually looks like Gettysburg when they start blasting. The Arlington fire chief and mayor have been blasted the past two years at council meetings and online, so maybe they handed out a few tickets.

Ft worth was crazy. Besides folks bringing elaborate displays, other folks were just shooting cheap fireworks among fellow citizens

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Hit up Grumps River Oaks today, fucking liked it. $4.99 burger w/pepper jack, added japs + jap bun. Cold AC & beer, couple TVs, plenty of old pics/signs on the walls. Dude probably likes him some American Pickers, I’ll be back. 

Griff's gonna have to up their game sounds like.  Always enjoy the 377 location in Granbury and now will check out this one. 

19 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Yeah, that leaves Robbie with Oscar’s & a piece of the Mama’s in Granbury with his BIL, Dillon Gee. 

A good man that Robbie.  My wife worked with his wife Yvonne for several years and got to know him.  Miss the Bucket.