Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

Sort of open inside now. 

Drew’s is open for lunch Tuesdays through Saturdays, just in time for basketball fans to stop by on their way to Dickies Arena.

“I hope they do,” Thomas said. 

One warning: Expect to wait. 

Drew’s is still short on staff, and has only a half-dozen dining tables. Lunch can take 20 minutes to serve, sometimes longer. 

If you’re coming for a fried chicken dinner ($8.99-$16.79), come by 2:45 p.m. Smothered and baked items are served until closing time at 3 p.m.

Drew’s is known for chicken, along with the smothered and fried pork chops and daily specials such as smothered chicken, meatloaf or (Friday only) oxtail.

A popular burger name is expanding its footprint to an unexpected place: Fuddruckers, the Houston-based chain known for its serve-yourself toppings bar, will open new locations inside shopping malls, including five malls across Texas. 

----

A spokesperson was unable to confirm whether the mall locations would come with their signature toppings bars.

Yeah, don't think that would work real well in a food court. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dr Fear said:
3 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Reminds me, they ever catch the guys that firebombed the Sears shoe department?

He got 10 years in the federal pokey. 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndtx/pr/fort-worth-man-sentenced-10-years-hulen-mall-arson

It’s a fine thread.  You can skip past my post.  I’ve read the explanations online but there’s folks here better insight.  Asking for a business reason. Or go fuck yourself.  Don’t care.  

I did it.  Some places treat it like an insult.  Some entities embrace it.  We gotta investment deal on a place that’s want to use the term in their dba.  Was skeptical on how it would play given the Division on the term.  I’m not a marketing guy. 

Not that it matters but I’ve never heard it called Pantherville. While we’re at it I don’t think I had ever heard Panther City until the last 10 years.

Panther references are generally old. The Ft Worth Cats baseball team way back when was the reference I knew, and I saw folks like Willie, Jerry Jeff, Ray Wylie Hubbard at Panther Hall. Cowtown really eclipsed it.

Call it Pantherville if you want to sound like an outsider who has no fucking idea what they're talking about.

There's a fucking statue of a panther in downtown. I wouldn't say opinions on the matter are divided. I know one person who dislikes the Panther City thing but he's the kind of guy who would complain about the weight if you handed him a suitcase full of 100s. So I don't value his opinion on much of anything.

Edited by TornACL
  • Haha 1

Who’s been to Mexico Real on McCart, just south of 20? Maiden voyage tonight, that shit slaps. Hot, cheap, fast, good, 1000% will return. Kicks the shit out of Pulido’s & all those similar types. 

Would post their menu, but they appear to have forgotten to pay the hamster bill. Told them to fix that shit. 

15 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Who’s been to Mexico Real on McCart, just south of 20? Maiden voyage tonight, that shit slaps. Hot, cheap, fast, good, 1000% will return. Kicks the shit out of Pulido’s & all those similar types. 

Would post their menu, but they appear to have forgotten to pay the hamster bill. Told them to fix that shit. 

The wife and I have been going here since 2011 and it is really good.  We have a waitress that knows us when we walk in and her service is outstanding.  Have never had a bad meal here and price point is good too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I went to the BBQ food truck by Press Cafe.  It is actually not bad.  I just had the brisket and ribs.  No sides.

They were having some logistical problems getting the food out but I hope that is something they can iron out.

Is it a new one or did the previous one (Flores?) reopen?