Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

This is from all the way back in February, so they ain’t moving quick. 
Heim Barbecue’s owners hope to open their next location “out west,” Travis Heim said Saturday.
The popular south and west Fort Worth barbecue restaurant, ranked among the 50 best in Texas by Texas Monthly magazine, just opened a Dallas location near Love Field, and a Burleson location is on the drawing board.
A new location in Parker County would be the fifth. Heim has not settled on a city or site, he said.
The coming Parker County location was first mentioned by a Heim business partner, Will Churchill, in a radio appearance Saturday on KLIF/570 AM.
“We’ve been looking at opening a store out west for a while now but haven’t found the perfect spot,” Heim wrote by email.
“The growth out there is tremendous and there’s really not many restaurants, so we think it could be a really great time to get out there soon.”

In typical fashion, the signs of Travis Heim overreaching are more evident. The Dallas joint is closed from a fire. Then they fell all the way down into the TM 50-100 honorable mentions. And now he nearly has the Magnolia St location closed, missing by the skin of his teeth. Reading the list of violations like black mold growing in the ice machine, improper food holding and storage, poor employee hygiene, and gross prep surfaces are simply bad and indifferent management.

Not good with this level of competition in the area and more coming. Before this I put Hurtado, 225, Zavalas, Derek Allan’s, Panther City, and 407 above him. Now he’s not on the list.

So I guess now wouldn’t be a bad time to say we definitely had all those same issues at Joe’s Crab Shack(now Twin Peaks) off Bryant Irvin. Also, once on a Friday night a rat somehow ran from the back dock/dumpster area in to the kitchen. We had employees on both sides of the lines trying to block it. Finally our dishwasher named Pablo walked up to it, kicked it which somehow knocked it out, picked it up, tossed it back outside, and then went back to washing dishes without cleaning his hands.

That being said if you’re eating out and don’t want to eat at “dirty” places then you should
probably stay home.

• Haha 1

One of the stranger things is why did Pluckers go down to the studs to replace Fuddruckers? Seems like that would have been a pretty good base. 

May have had to because of ground shifting and broken shit. That was why Joe’s closed the way it did. Shut down due to safety.

We were working one day and the patio was full. All the sudden we heard a loud but low rumble boom. Walked out and everyone on the patio had a scared look on their face. Turns out all the ground shifting caused a beam (I’m not construction genius) or something to break under the patio.

Alicia was cool as shit. She didn’t work at Joe’s very long. She was at Razzoo’s and Rack Daddy’s longer.
  • Like 1

May have had to because of ground shifting and broken shit. That was why Joe’s closed the way it did. Shut down due to safety.

We were working one day and the patio was full. All the sudden we heard a loud but low rumble boom. Walked out and everyone on the patio had a scared look on their face. Turns out all the ground shifting caused a beam (I’m not construction genius) or something to break under the patio.

Alicia was cool as shit. She didn’t work at Joe’s very long. She was at Razzoo’s and Rack Daddy’s longer.
I worked with her at Razzoos

I’ll Add Fear to list of people that I probably knew(or knew of) back in the day. Alicia kept me and a few other friends from going to jail one of those nights Razzoo’s used to stay open late. Want to say it was either Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I hated fighting but we got in to a pretty good one.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

In typical fashion, the signs of Travis Heim overreaching are more evident. The Dallas joint is closed from a fire. Then they fell all the way down into the TM 50-100 honorable mentions. And now he nearly has the Magnolia St location closed, missing by the skin of his teeth. Reading the list of violations like black mold growing in the ice machine, improper food holding and storage, poor employee hygiene, and gross prep surfaces are simply bad and indifferent management.

Not good with this level of competition in the area and more coming. Before this I put Hurtado, 225, Zavalas, Derek Allan’s, Panther City, and 407 above him. Now he’s not on the list.

No Goldee's on your list? 

• Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think Texzilla is a big Heim fan. That’s cool. 

Actually I am a big Heim fan going back to when he and his bride operated out of a trailer. The first store was great, packed to the seams, and serving great prime brisket and that beef rib, and he launched those bacon burnt ends.

What always concerns me is when a single store operator expands; the issues explode geometrically. His drop by Daniel Vaughan who has always been a fan shows issues; my last two visits have been a bit disappointing.

21 minutes ago, Frank Erwin said:

Ventured out west to Weatherford today and Shep’s has great burgers.  The Malt Shop was also good.

Shep’s is damn good, and as crazy as it sounds I liked their old location better. I usually go with the Oink Oink Moo and add Matchstick sauce. Their onion rings are effing huge, be prepared to take a nap afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/27/2021 at 11:25 AM, Dr Fear said:

Quincy (the one brother that ran the original location into the ground) is basically now a silent partner with the people he partially sold out to and is moving to Costa Rica. 

Terry, the chef, is the one going to Costa Rica. Quincy will be around the new joint. 

I can’t think of any empty buildings currently that would makes sense. Pathfinder Brewey has an open kitchen and plenty of room for expansion and obviously would still have the brewery aspect. Building from ground up? Maybe where the old R&K that was dozed.

Not that it was going to happen but I guess we can mark Pathfinder off the list. 4a835e78731bf6458e1eb8c77521c219.png

2 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

To absolutely nobody's surprise, Crocket Hall has closed.  

Horrible concept from the start.

Very surprised the lights were still on. I actually liked a few of the places in there and would hit it up weekly pre covid

On 12/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, Herbie Hancock said:

The boatload of cash they’re landing on the sale of the property and they can’t afford a $400 order from the Sysco truck? Fuck ‘em! The Cafe in Graford makes a damn good calf fry and their waitresses are twice as ugly. So now you know where to find me.

Those chicks are smoke. That's our SPOT coming back from the lease. I'll pay for the Sysco truck. CHIEF Jr. will tongue fuck a fart box there, me too. Talking' bout Grayford.

CHIEF

• Like 1

Those chicks are smoke. That's our SPOT coming back from the lease. I'll pay for the Sysco truck. CHIEF Jr. will tongue fuck a fart box there, me too. Talking' bout Grayford.
CHIEF

I am ashamed and proud that I understood exactly what you’re trying to say. Not gonna lie I was disappointed when they added on and enclosed the bathrooms. Best calf fries, CFS, and coldest beer for at least 70 miles. And if you come at me with Mary’s is better I’ll pay Immamac to give me your identity so I can find your home address and shit on your porch.
  • Haha 1

There’s two girls in their mid to late 20’s that work there, one blonde and one brunette. On a normal day in FW I’m not sure I would give them much notice, but in the middle of BFE when you’ve been chasing deer for 3 days and the rest of the waitstaff look like Large Marge from PeeWee’s big adventure, they suddenly ain’t a bad option. Also, the petite curly haired girl that owns/runs the gas station at the stop sign across from the package store is very…..friendly.

New burger joint coming in the old Knotty Pine on that weird stretch of 80 by Margie’s & the rock shop. 
https://www.instagram.com/jdshamburgers/

Do you or anyone else remember who it was that was behind Thurber Mingus when it first opened? Always wondered if he/she went back in to the restaurant biz somewhere else. Always liked their burgers but thought the location was not wise

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

FYI, there is a free covid testing site in a small cargo container by Mr. Jakes convenience store on Forest Park and Rosedale.  No appointment needed.  They do an instant 15 minute test and also send off a PCR (?) with results in a few days. 

thank you for this info.

fuck yeah man.  good job.

Gotta start somewhere. 6’3 220 was my college weight and when I still playing everything. Kids don’t believe me I was beast on the vball courts. Turned 41 and hit my highest weight ever. Tired of feeling this way. Down to 297 from Jan 1.
  • Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Gotta start somewhere. 6’3 220 was my college weight and when I still playing everything. Kids don’t believe me I was beast on the vball courts. Turned 41 and hit my highest weight ever. Tired of feeling this way. Down to 297 from Jan 1.

Your family will thank you for this monumental effort. I'm over half way to my goal of 200 (started at 282 in April last year) and it has really changed my attitude and outlook both inwardly and outwardly.  Success be yours amigo-good luck!